• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are the ranges in eastern CT for the public?

Where are the places/ranges to shoot at in eastern CT, along I84 from Hartford to the MA border? thanks

The only "public" range that I can think of in that part of Connecticut is the CT DEEP range in Glastonbury, which has limited hours hours and works on a reservation basis when open.

There are a number of nice clubs to look at: Rockville and Andover are two of them. Rockville does do a lot of public activities (rifle, pistol, and shotgun) that are well run and affordable.

If you are willing to deal with Massachusetts legal nuances, Springfield Sportsman's in Monson (just over the line from Stafford Springs) is a great club at a wonderful rate- with no work hour requirements. I'm a member there and recommend it.

I know there's Greyson Guns in Orange, CT which has hourly rental rates. I realize that's not in eastern CT but just thought I'd mention it anyway[grin]

I would use Google to find clubs in Eastern CT. I also just stumbled on another one, Groton Sportsmen's Club that has 2 separate properties (one is 300 acres, the other 500 acres!).
http://grotonsportsmen.com/

I'm sure that there are a lot more down there as well.

Back in the 1970s, I worked with folks (in CT) that were members of the Ledyard Sportsman Club.
http://www.ledyardsportsmanclub.com/

It's interesting that the website provides no info on joining!

I went to Ledyard a couple of times back in 2012. It's a nice outdoor range, and it has a club house with kitchen. Not too fancy, but a decent place. I met some nice people there.

As far as having no info on joining, it's probably because they have a long waiting list, I'd guess. My club in RI is so underground they don't have a website or email addresses. They have a phone number that goes to an answering machine, that you may or may not get a response from. We get a hardcopy monthly newsletter mailed to us.

+1 on Hoffmans in Newington, it's a very clean public indoor range.

Back
Top Bottom