• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When you think SHTF, what are you thinking?

I think the key of this (very well written) scenerio is that it happens slowly, over time. I don't think we'll see a sudden change, but rather a slow decline. The S#!% is hitting the fan now... bit by bit... splatter by splatter...

+1

I think that is the key thing to understand - we are already in a slow motion SHTF situation. Which I suppose is actually "better" than a quick hit from something out of the blue. I say better only because it gives us time to see which way the wind is blowing - and prepare properly for what is to come.

The bad part of a long slow slide - is that it means that we will be stuck at the bottom for quite a while.

I think the parallel that people need to bear in mind is that if you look back thru history - most of the major historic events did not just "happen". The road to the American Revolution - was a long one. There were hints of what was come DECADES before the actual shooting started. The road to WW2 was also a long one - there were people predicting another war as soon as WW1 was over. It was more clear in the 30's that a war was coming - and some people saw it clearly even in the early 30's. Roosevelt knew we were going to be in a war - and the armed forces started building up before Pearl Harbor. There were efforts to develop more modern planes and tanks and other weapons for years before WW2 started.

It's only the dumbed down history books that are generally fed to the public - and the idiots who write in the mainstream media - who seem to think that these events just came out of the blue.

So the big question at this point in time is really this: exactly what are we seeing going on now? Are we seeing the beginnings of an actual revolt here in the US (and maybe other places around the world) - or are we potentially seeing the beginnings of the "New World Order" that so many of the "tinfoil hat" crowd have been talking about for so long? Events are moving fast - it is hard to discern exactly where we are headed - but I think BOTH things (or maybe others) are going on.

The key is to try and cover your own ass as much as possible - and we should somehow stick together with like minded people. The first Revolution was a group effort - the next one will be too.

The lack of ammo out there worries me. I know we can never have 'too much' but how much ammo do you think we should stash away?

The lack of ammo out there worries me. I know we can never have 'too much' but how much ammo do you think we should stash away?

Welcome to the forum.
I didn't want to derail this thread so you have a pm with info about amount and storage limits.

The "Search" feature is your friend. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom