• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When you prefer S&W M&P grips, but have pre-ban Glock mags

PappyM3

NES Member
Recently put together this pistol. I'm not a big fan of Glock grips, but I like being able to use 15+ round pre-ban magazines. It is a Nomad-9 frame with a Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS slide sitting on top. Ran it through 150 rounds of various 9mm ball, JHP, and Lehigh penetrator/defender to flesh out any issues. Zero issues with the gun. 150 rounds isn't a lot, obviously, but zero malfunctions in that first window of rounds is a good sign.

While the grip angle is still not really a 1911, Sig, or M&P angle, it is comfortable and allows me to get rid of the Glock hump and adjust the backstrap bump to my hand. The backstrap in the picture is their medium and it comes with three options total. Overall, I'm very pleased with this frame. The trigger guard is enlarged for use with gloves while hiking. It has a nice little thumb rest combined with a high beavertail to help control recoil. I'm not a pro with pistols, but I've found it very controllable and comfortable while shooting rapid pairs. The Inforce APLc is being tested. I'm not optimistic that it will last, but we'll see.

IMG_2564.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice setup. I’ve been wanting to try a nomad frame for a while.

Thanks. I definitely recommend it if you're considering. One downside though is that the texture on the grip could be a little grippier. It's fine for normal shooting, but I could see it getting a little slippery when sweaty or wet.

Back
Top Bottom