• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

when using my kindle I cant back space to correct with out delete entire word

mac1911

NES Member
So when im on my kindle fire on NES if I miss spell a word and back space to correct it it will add a space ?

Like this

"The dog barrked" if I back space back past the error and try to type it ends up like this The dog bar ked?

On my Samsung Nexus 10, if I let spell-korect/word-komplete operate at all,
the NES site text editor fixates on the length of what I typed
instead of the length of the text that was inserted, and keeps changing the insertion point.
I can only smack some sense into it by hitting More Options.../Preview.

This is a known limitation of the editor that the forum software uses by default. It will be fixed in the (soonish) upgrade to the latest version.

If you want to fix it, at the loss of some flexibility in the editor, you can turn off the "Rich Text Editor" by going into the preferences menu under your name in the top right corner.

This is a known limitation of the editor that the forum software uses by default. It will be fixed in the (soonish) upgrade to the latest version.

That's good news, thanks much.

If you want to fix it, at the loss of some flexibility in the editor, you can turn off the "Rich Text Editor" by going into the preferences menu under your name in the top right corner.
I'm not surprised at the nature of the workaround,
and I'll consider it when posting from Android devices out in the field.

Back
Top Bottom