• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WHen to expect your UTAH CCW

I was fortunate enough to attend your training for my Utah License awhile back. (April 17th to be precise.) Let me just say that interactive training simulation is pretty sweet.

I ran into some issues, which is not worth getting into, and then finally got my application out June 17th.

Utah cashed my check July 1st.

So, my question is, what are you seeing/hearing for time frame between date of check cashing and receipt of license?

Utah cashed my check July 1st.

So, my question is, what are you seeing/hearing for time frame between date of check cashing and receipt of license?

I've heard up to 9 weeks from date they receive the application, depending on how many apps they must process (they are overwhelmed with apps from all over the country at this point.)

As far as from when they actually deposit the check and it clears, I do not know. But know that if they have cashed your check, you are being processed.

Last edited:
I've heard up to 9 weeks from date they receive the application, depending on how many apps they must process (they are overwhelmed with apps from all over the country at this point.)

As far as from when they actually deposit the check and it clears, I do not know. But know that if they have cashed your check, you are being processed.

This is a good answer...

Steve, MFS

Application went in the mail on Sat.7/31. Will post when the check gets cashed and when the permit comes in.

Will they mail you anything to indicate that any part of your application was denied? i mailed my app two days after i took the June 5th class and haven't gotten anything =/

Application went in the mail on Sat.7/31. Will post when the check gets cashed and when the permit comes in.

Check cashed 8/11! [shocked] Wow that was fast. Not sure how long it takes the permit to come in after the check is cashed, but I guess I will find out.

Utah permit arrived in todays mail. So they cashed the check July 1st the permit is dated august 5th and I received it august 16th so +/- 6 weeks from when it was cashed

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It gives you nothing in MA. A non-resident Utah permit allows you to carry in the following states:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.

I have a question for you guys. I have a ltc in MA, but what does the Utah license give us in MA?
Thanks for the replys.

And you don't even need a LTC in MA to take the course and get the Utah license. However, with that said, if anyone out there without a gun permit DOES get this Utah license, they would be very wise to get some remedial training on how to use a firearm to begin with, if they already do not have any.

And it goes without saying...The Utah license in and of itself is not valid for carry in MA. Having the Utah CCW means zero in this state. Only in the states listed above.

For all those waiting for their permits...I mailed my app on 7/31, check was cashed on 8/11 and I received my permit in the mail today 9/23. Total wait time, almost 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom