• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When They Come For Your Guns, You Will Turn Them Over

Sorry man, we had this thread already. Interesting reading, good opinions, some dissent. And then it got locked. Can't find the link.

When they come for my guns I will turn them over peacefully and get in line for my welfare check. Like I said in the other thread, that answer should be good for some extra cheddar on my EBT card...

Was on a biz trip in Orlando years ago and some co-workers and I grabbed some 'off campus' time at a local gun range. I'll never forget meeting the Brit on vacation who lamented the day his guns were taken away from him. While I don't advocate or support illegal activity, my hazy paraphrase of his parting advice to us Yanks -- "get yourself some 'unregistered' guns and don't tell anyone about them."

Just a story---

They will come for your pudding as well. All your delicious pudding.
itoldyouneve128614698112106255.jpg

When They Come For Your Guns, You Will Turn Them Over

http://dailyreckoning.com/when-they-come-for-your-guns-you-will-turn-them-over/

My theory is at this stage of the game death will be warranted, but I will not go alone.

“Take one with you” Winston Churchill

luckily as gun owners there is always one common misconception I like to leave on the antis mind and not fix. This would be the understanding that the current military is better trained and better equipt than any private citizen. While the military does recieve some of the best training you can find far better survival training privately than any non special forces infantryman will ever recieve. Our fire power is better in my opinion as alot of us have an AR platform that is similar to the M-4 but most of us have replaced alot of parts to make it stronger and more accurate, and our private civilian ammo if you get match grade or good hunting ammo is far superior. And then there is the notion that everyone in the police and military would just willingly turn on thier own countryman, while there are those that will(we have seen thousands of videos of cops do it already, and we all know katrina) I believe there will be defectors, it has been a conversation I have had with some of my friends that serve. I was informed by all of them they would either not follow the order to turn on thier country or use thier issued weapons to fight those giving the order to harm US citizens.

luckily as gun owners there is always one common misconception I like to leave on the antis mind and not fix. This would be the understanding that the current military is better trained and better equipt than any private citizen. While the military does recieve some of the best training you can find far better survival training privately than any non special forces infantryman will ever recieve. Our fire power is better in my opinion as alot of us have an AR platform that is similar to the M-4 but most of us have replaced alot of parts to make it stronger and more accurate, and our private civilian ammo if you get match grade or good hunting ammo is far superior. And then there is the notion that everyone in the police and military would just willingly turn on thier own countryman, while there are those that will(we have seen thousands of videos of cops do it already, and we all know katrina) I believe there will be defectors, it has been a conversation I have had with some of my friends that serve. I was informed by all of them they would either not follow the order to turn on thier country or use thier issued weapons to fight those giving the order to harm US citizens.

I think Katrina provides us with the best example of the fight or flight response of those in public safety with family caught up in the SHTF scenario. A large number will abandon their jobs and go home. By the same token, it remains imperative to fly under the radar of those who are hardcore enough to stay around.

I believe my thoughts on this have already been displayed elsewhere; now that I am on my way to becoming a Statie, nothing has changed, I will NOT obey an unlawful order, nor will I support anyone that directly goes against the constitution that myself(and many others) swore to protect.

IBTL.

I think Katrina provides us with the best example of the fight or flight response of those in public safety with family caught up in the SHTF scenario. A large number will abandon their jobs and go home. By the same token, it remains imperative to fly under the radar of those who are hardcore enough to stay around.

Agree

It will eventually come down to that just as it did in Great Britain, and other countries. At that time, some impossibly hard choices will need to be made, and the boys will really be separated from the men at that point. If there is not a full on confiscation, then they will use things like incredibly high taxes on firearms and ammunition to start the control process, or just keep passing stricter "common sense laws", which will likely be backed by the NRA to make owning most guns illegal. Then, of course we have government required insurance programs, which can easily decide that your premium is triple that of a non gun owner because of "risk". There are many scenarios that can, and likely will play out, it's just a matter of how long it will be, so enjoy your guns while you have them, and also think carefully about that question John Quinones always asks "What would you do?" Chances are very good that there will be no turning back, depending on your answer, or actions to that question, so it could very well be the most important question of your life. As someone pointed out in a previous thread to all of those saying they would hide them, have boating accidents, etc., what is the point of hanging on to them at that point if you don't use them, can't ever use them, or be seen with them, and certainly can't practice with them?

This thread is a dupe, of course, but there is a good reason for that. It is something that we all think about, so what is the harm in discussing it as long as it doesn't end up going full retard?

Back
Top Bottom