• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

when the SHTF you still need to wipe

Use a rag and wash it. Bleach (or other germ killer) is easy to store if you want to sterilize it as well.

No different than cleaning real baby diapers, you know the non disposable kind. Or feminine "napkins".

I think its funny that people have lost simple solutions that helped humans survive up to less than 100 years ago since humans existed.

I won't have to worry about that for some time. I've got two 48 roll cases in my stash. My ass is covered so to speak.

I think if SHTF you will be lucky if you have enough to eat to worry about TP.

And if i did grow the stuff there are better uses than the wiping of behinds.

I draw a distinction between prepping and being locked in a vault with only my stuff.

The North American continent has a lot of extra cloth on it. Cut a bedsheet into squares.

This. And it is because so many people have bought into our current "throw away" society. Everybody has "disposal" on their brain.

Use a rag and wash it. Bleach (or other germ killer) is easy to store if you want to sterilize it as well.

No different than cleaning real baby diapers, you know the non disposable kind. Or feminine "napkins".

I think its funny that people have lost simple solutions that helped humans survive up to less than 100 years ago since humans existed.

Hey just ran out of lambs ear,I had to wipe my ass with the tomato plant.

I draw a distinction between prepping and being locked in a vault with only my stuff.

The North American continent has a lot of extra cloth on it. Cut a bedsheet into squares.

As someone who spent years working in very remote areas, I can say, cotton blends do excellent work. (I have many 1/2 shirts that didn't start out that way) Takes way less cloth than paper to get the job done.

This. And it is because so many people have bought into our current "throw away" society. Everybody has "disposal" on their brain.

Best way to stock up is old t-shirts. I have a crap-ton of them. Mostly to use for dusting, cleaning, oil changes, etc., but they could be "repurposed" if needed. [wink]

softsoap.jpg

When the SHTF I am going to wipe my ass with Liberals. I am gonna start with Lizzie. She looks all dry and wrinkled, I bet she is super absorbent.

Back
Top Bottom