When the cops come to confiscate: How do they know you eFA10'd them to somebody else since guns never leave the registry?

Reptile

NES Member
Guns never leave the police registry.
How do I explain they are all gone?
Are they going to tear my house apart?
Should my tegu and other household reptiles be concerned?

I don't expect to be in trouble any time soon - but the registry has me concerned since it's not updated.

I'm an honest man but I can't repatriate guns that are 6 feet down in frozen earth deep in the wilds of other states.
The GPS coordinates are on an encrypted flash drive sealed in a capsule at the bottom of a pond.
The password to the encrypted flash drive is on a one time pad hidden in another secret location.

What do they expect you to do - wait till Spring?

They don't know, lol. Best advise in that situation is to just STFU and get an attorney. Let the attorney worry about that shit.
They could lead you to a perjury trap.

They could make you swear that you handed over all the guns or sold them.

Then if they find out about all the buried ones in 4 different states they will send you to jail for lying.

I suppose you can always forget the password to the encrypted flash drive the has the GPS coordinates.

I like you line of thought.

As soon as they break down the door and stomp my tegu, I'll say "I want to speak to my lawyer and I don't consent to a search" over and over again. Then shut up.

It seems to me that all these actual criminals in the news talk themselves into jail.

Whenever I watch Law & Order - I scream at the TV and say "STOP TALKING!!! Don't you know you have the right to remain silent?"
Not an episode was made where the criminal didn't talk himself into jail by answering questions.

What’s the OP’s scenario here? Confiscation by a Biden administration? A Maura administration? A Chicom administration after our elected officials sell us down the river (but I repeat myself)?

What’s the OP’s scenario here? Confiscation by a Biden administration? A Maura administration? A Chicom administration after our elected officials sell us down the river (but I repeat myself)?
Sounds like he is trying to lie to cops about selling guns. Then on post #3 he worries about lying to cops.

Reptile is drunk.

You actually raise a valid point, albeit in a strange reptilian way. This is curiosity on my part, not concern:

If all the guns I've sold over the years still show up under my name in the system, how do I explain that to the cops when they look for them? Do they just search the system for a record of a new eFA10 where I'm listed as the seller?

You actually raise a valid point, albeit in a strange reptilian way. This is curiosity on my part, not concern:

If all the guns I've sold over the years still show up under my name in the system, how do I explain that to the cops when they look for them? Do they just search the system for a record of a new eFA10 where I'm listed as the seller?
I have asked this question before (on NES). The answer I got was something along the lines of "dont lose your records".

But, then I think ... if a copy of an EFA10 is enough proof, then why can't they find it in the system?

I have asked this question before (on NES). The answer I got was something along the lines of "dont lose your records".
Relevant story: I once bought a gun FTF and the seller didn't save the eFA10. I think he might've closed the site without saving the file or something but I have no papers for it. I figured it's more the seller's problem than it is mine.

When asked just reply “don’t quote me on this but...”.
What?! Omg.
When asked - reply, ‘am I under arrest? Do I need a lawyer?’ That is all.
Do not lie, and do not say nothing. If you got your Miranda- shut up and get a lawyer first. If no Miranda- do not say a word or, simply, ‘no comment’. It really helps to use a perk if you have it at work, for a legal plan, it does not cost a ton, usually, but, gives you an easier way to have a legal representation ASAP when/if needed.

They could lead you to a perjury trap.

They could make you swear that you handed over all the guns or sold them.

Then if they find out about all the buried ones in 4 different states they will send you to jail for lying.

I suppose you can always forget the password to the encrypted flash drive the has the GPS coordinates.

I like you line of thought.

As soon as they break down the door and stomp my tegu, I'll say "I want to speak to my lawyer and I don't consent to a search" over and over again. Then shut up.

It seems to me that all these actual criminals in the news talk themselves into jail.

Whenever I watch Law & Order - I scream at the TV and say "STOP TALKING!!! Don't you know you have the right to remain silent?"
Not an episode was made where the criminal didn't talk himself into jail by answering questions.
Some brilliant IT person needs to hit delete on all efa10 files and give the server the Clinton treatment

What?! Omg.
Do not lie, and do not say nothing. If you got your Miranda- shut up and get a lawyer first. If no Miranda- do not say a word
I didn’t finish the full story.
There was a guy on the stand testifying who started his reply with that quote. I was begged to recycle it on a case I was involved with but declined as the defendant dug her hole plenty deep enough.

I didn’t finish the full story.
There was a guy on the stand testifying who started his reply with that quote. I was begged to recycle it on a case I was involved with but declined as the defendant dug her hole plenty deep enough.
Jesus. Ok, I guess it happens, life is more odd than any fantasy.

There is no federal requirement to record or keep paperwork that you bought or sold a gun. You could have joined the air force, PCSed to Washington state and sold it there, you could have sold it on Gunbroker to someone in Ohio dropped it in a Fedex box to the FFL there, or you could have sold it on a forum to someone in California-dropped it in a UPS box to the FFL there.

I've sold guns in NH, AK, LA, NC, IN, and TX. Once I sell a gun, I trash all the paper that I had with it and sell all the spare accessories that I could not use with other firearms.

What I can tell - it is sad that in most cases people here now start thinking in a classic old Soviet way - how can I prove to a Man that I am innocent. Over last 25 years I just see it more and more and it reminds me way too much of that place I was born. Sad, very sad stuff.

What?! Omg.
Do not lie, and do not say nothing. If you got your Miranda- shut up and get a lawyer first. If no Miranda- do not say a word or, simply, ‘no comment’. It really helps to use a perk if you have it at work, for a legal plan, it does not cost a ton, usually, but, gives you an easier way to have a legal representation ASAP when/if needed.
Go on youtube....search for what to say to police or something.
Tons of videos from lawyers telling you to STFU.
Like these guys:

View: https://youtu.be/sgWHrkDX35o

Go on youtube....search for what to say to police or something.
Tons of videos from lawyers telling you to STFU.
Like these guys:

View: https://youtu.be/sgWHrkDX35o

Police will always try to make one talk and will be saying that a lack of cooperation proves your guilt. Most people after being thrown into a cage with no warrant lose their shit and talk themselves into a nightmare.

Again, as here most people are wealthy enough- it really helps to have a lawyer phone number to call, always- it is way easier to setup than you think and goes a long way, no matter what life situation you may get into.

Last edited:
Relevant story: I once bought a gun FTF and the seller didn't save the eFA10. I think he might've closed the site without saving the file or something but I have no papers for it. I figured it's more the seller's problem than it is mine.
As a buyer, I doubt you have anything to worry about. I could let you borrow my guns and you can legally have them with you when the PoPo shows up.

The only worry as a buyer would be if that gun was used in a crime and the dude that sold it to you worked up this elaborate plan to make the eFA10 fail on purpose. But you have better chances of winning the mega millions than that being the case.

As a seller, the dude should worry if you commit a crime with that gun and it is found. He might need to somehow prove he sold it to you and didn't let you borrow it. But even if he let you borrow it, the cops would need to somehow prove he knew what you were going to do with it. So, even this scenario is probably unlikely.

That is also not taking into account that the seller may have moved out of State several years ago and never came back or was traveling when you commit a crime or 100 other things that could prove he had nothing to do with it.

I am not a lawyer.

Police will always try to make one talk and will be saying that a lack of cooperation proves your guilt. Most people after being thrown into a cage with no warrant lose their shit and talk themselves into a nightmare.

Again, as here most people are wealthy enough- it really helps to have a lawyer phone number to call, always- it is way easier to setup than you think and goes a long way, no matter what life situation you may get into.
Even if you don't have a lawyers phone number. Just shut the f*ck up and let a public lawyer get you out, or however that works. You can then look for a lawyer after you are out.

Just STFU.

I say this in every thread like this one. I dated a MA State prosecutor for a while. What she told me, most people they got is because they TALKED.

What I can tell - it is sad that in most cases people here now start thinking in a classic old Soviet way - how can I prove to a Man that I am innocent. Over last 25 years I just see it more and more and it reminds me way too much of that place I was born. Sad, very sad stuff.

People in Mass have conditioned themselves to be fearful and obedient. While a healthy dose of caution is warranted, if you fear your government the better option is to simply ignore their edicts and bullshit-then move.

IMG_2017.jpg

Unless the seller keeps your money, and reports the gun stolen saying he thinks you may have taken it.

and let a public lawyer get you out
Just STFU.
absolutely STFU - but - about the lawyer - by the time you get to a public one it may be a bit too late for you. again, i had my share of time living with, let`s say it this way, very underprivileged poor people, and, i saw my share of what actually happens to people. you get a cage, you get no lawyer, no calls, you get an immediate interrogation and then may get a bit roughed up in a cage to make you talk. it is unlikely for a suburban folk to go through something like that, but, i bet to most it would be a shock.
and they would make it happen to themselves, if they were stupid enough to agree to - let`s go uptown, we need to get your statement, or whatever else in that opera that gets you out of your house without an arrest warrant presented to your face.

Even the other way is NBD. "We can prove that you own Pistol XYZ." "No, you can prove that I PURCHASED Pistol XYZ. I traded it in at a dealer. Might have been Carr's or Costa's. I forget. What? Neither are in business? Well then you're SOL, aren't you?"

Back
Top Bottom