When is the next gun show

It's a good size. It's a gun show.

You weren't into the sport back in the 80's & 90's when it was the biggest show in New England.
When the fliers said it was 900 tables, it really was 900 tables, packed from one end to the other, and took most of the day to see it all.
Now it's a mere shadow of it's former self. Plenty of empty space, and they now charge for parking too.
Plus the ammo vendors are banished to operating under tents outside.
I haven't been to one in a few years, the last time was a huge disappointment, certainly not worth the 80 mile drive for me with gas and tolls. I won't go back again, especially when Marlboro and Wilmington are much closer to me.

You weren't into the sport back in the 80's & 90's when it was the biggest show in New England.
When the fliers said it was 900 tables, it really was 900 tables, packed from one end to the other, and took most of the day to see it all.
Now it's a mere shadow of it's former self. Plenty of empty space, and they now charge for parking too.
Plus the ammo vendors are banished to operating under tents outside.
I haven't been to one in a few years, the last time was a huge disappointment, certainly not worth the 80 mile drive for me with gas and tolls. I won't go back again, especially when Marlboro and Wilmington are much closer to me.

this

I say i wont go, but every time it comes around i go hoping to find a deal and always skunkin

this

I say i wont go, but every time it comes around i go hoping to find a deal and always skunkin

If I lived close by I'd probably go, because you never know what you'll find, but it's not the premier show anymore, Marlboro has it beat.
Another thing about the Springfield show that irks me is the number of CT and NY dealers that show up with all these non-Mass compliant guns, that they can't sell here. I asked a few why even bring these guns to Mass when you know you can't sell them here, and they usually give me some BS about selling to other dealers. I highly doubt that dealers are doing much selling to each other at these shows. If you know you can't sell them here, don't bring them, I hate being teased. [angry]
Also, on the stuff that is Mass compliant, they often need to do the transfer through a Mass licensed dealer, who gets a fee. So the gun you think you're getting a good deal on, is now $20-30 more because of the third party FFL that's gets involved.

Last edited:
I might go only cause it's closer to me than any of the other shows and it'll be my first. I'll be lost and confused but gotta start somewhere. [smile]

What happened to the small gun shows that some clubs used ot have back in the early to mid 90's? I used to love going to those smaller shows as they were more like gun flea markets than what is considered a "gun show" by today's standards. Anyone know of any of these smaller shows coming up? I used to see them advertised in Gun List magazine and that was when gun List was the size of ShotGun news, and was twice as thick as today's shotgun news.

Myself I'm really close to Plymouth (Rochester to be exast) and I'm totally happy that there is a show in Plymouth now! Although parking sux, even though the venue's web page specifically states that parking will never be an issue and there is always plenty of parking LOL My son Corbin and I parked in the Wendy's parking lot and walked the quarter mile or so to get to the soccer field ;-)

Still would love to find those old small venue gun shows.... I remember going to one with my girlfriend, now wife, that was like on the top third floor of a factory.... I rememebr one dealer there that always went to those shows, he always had a grey pegboard up that displayed what he was selling, or at least some of what he was selling.... anyone remember him? anyone remember those old smaller gun fleamarket shows?

Mike B (whose only 44years old, but feels like the good old days were half a lifetime ago..... oh wait, they were! LOL)

What happened to the small gun shows that some clubs used ot have back in the early to mid 90's? I used to love going to those smaller shows as they were more like gun flea markets than what is considered a "gun show" by today's standards.

Holbrook still puts on a decent club show, I've been to it a few times, never went home disappointed.

I'm going to the West Springfield show. I'm going to buy an AR at some point in the next couple months. Do you all think I should wait for the show or just buy it now? If there's a savings to be had at the show then ill wait. Tell me what to do...

I may hit Springfield, sometimes you find a decent deal. If not, there's always the crazy bumper stickers and other odd items you can find.

It's a good size. It's a gun show.

I will be going, I usually find some small odds and ends I am looking for. I live 20 minutes away and park down the street for free. As Zappa said it is a shadow of what it use to be. The show I do travel for is the Marlborough show. It's usually that show i stock up on ammo and reloading equipment.

What happened to the small gun shows that some clubs used ot have back in the early to mid 90's?

Saturday November 10, 2012 from 9 AM to 3 PM
Hopkinton Sportsman's Association
http://www.hsasports.com/
Second Annual Swap Meet
(95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748; 508‐435‐3838)

SELLERS:
To reserve your table which will be $20 each please call Joe Quinn at 774-230-0342 or send an email to [email protected]. If you have new or old archery, books, firearms, fishing, historic, hunting, knives, military, reloading equipment, tools or other related items you want to sell or swap do not miss this opportunity to meet a lot of folks just like you.

ATTENDEES/CUSTOMERS:
FREE ADMISSION: just come, have fun and socialize, you might find something you've been looking for and bring some money as the vendors will be selling all sorts of cool stuff.

DIRECTIONS: Route 495 North or South to exit 21A to West Main Street, take your first right at traffic light onto Lumber Street, follow Lumber Street 3 tenths of a mile to the club on the left.

SPECIAL NOTE
As a special feature for this swap meet, we are pleased to announce that there will be a display of some very unique Smith & Wesson revolvers and pistols. A local Life member of the Smith & Wesson Collectors
Association and a founding member of the Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation has agreed to display his personal collection, so don't miss this special opportunity to view some very unique Smith & Wesson firearms.

I'm going to the West Springfield show. I'm going to buy an AR at some point in the next couple months. Do you all think I should wait for the show or just buy it now? If there's a savings to be had at the show then ill wait. Tell me what to do...

PM sent.

You may find a good deal there, you may not...

I would check with the folks from

Guns & Gear https://www.gunsandgearoutlet.com/l-23-retail-location.aspx

Guns Inc http://guns-inc.com/

Gun & Gun Part http://www.gunsnparts.com/

Tombstone Trading http://tombstonetrading.com/

R & R Sports (not sure if they go to the Gun Show Though) http://www.randrsportshop.net/

Remember they have to pay to be there so you may get a better price on Sunday afternoon before the show closes...

Otherwise I would go to the store...

I'm planning on going Sunday, I want to try out my C&R FFL03 [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom