• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When is the next gun show

There are very few places around here that can host a large event like this. I wish that one of them would step up and try to take this show away from West Springfield.

I've never been to a show before, but the Springfield one is fairly close to me. The drawback is that I'm in charge of the kids since my wife is working this weekend. What are people's impressions of bringing kids at the show?
Mine are pretty young (3 & 2), so for something with a lot of walking around like this, I'd probably use the stroller. Bad idea? Thanks for any thoughts. I'd love to go to a show, but pretty much am always in this predicament.
Thanks for any input.

What gun show would be the best to pick up pre WWII firearms?

I am not aware of any show in state that would be "best" for pre-WWII firearms. Most of the dealers I can remember seeing generally cater to newer guns. I suppose that the bigger the show, the more chance that you would find something that old.

I've never been to a show before, but the Springfield one is fairly close to me. The drawback is that I'm in charge of the kids since my wife is working this weekend. What are people's impressions of bringing kids at the show?
Mine are pretty young (3 & 2), so for something with a lot of walking around like this, I'd probably use the stroller. Bad idea? Thanks for any thoughts. I'd love to go to a show, but pretty much am always in this predicament.
Thanks for any input.

I have seen more than a few small kids there, but the aisles are narrow and with two, you might have a difficult time splitting your attention. I have a hard enough time with one teen-ager myself.

If I lived close by I'd probably go, because you never know what you'll find, but it's not the premier show anymore, Marlboro has it beat.
Another thing about the Springfield show that irks me is the number of CT and NY dealers that show up with all these non-Mass compliant guns, that they can't sell here. I asked a few why even bring these guns to Mass when you know you can't sell them here, and they usually give me some BS about selling to other dealers. I highly doubt that dealers are doing much selling to each other at these shows. If you know you can't sell them here, don't bring them, I hate being teased. [angry]
Also, on the stuff that is Mass compliant, they often need to do the transfer through a Mass licensed dealer, who gets a fee. So the gun you think you're getting a good deal on, is now $20-30 more because of the third party FFL that's gets involved.

absolutely right!! I bought my G23 at the Big E show in 1995, massive show! It was from a dealer in Worcester, who was willing to drop $30 to get the sale. The guys from NY & CT took up huge space with the non Mass guns, thinking people from NY & CT would come to Springfield???

absolutely right!! I bought my G23 at the Big E show in 1995, massive show! It was from a dealer in Worcester, who was willing to drop $30 to get the sale. The guys from NY & CT took up huge space with the non Mass guns, thinking people from NY & CT would come to Springfield???

In 1995, there was no Mass Compliant/Non-Compliant BS to deal with, the AG/EOPS list didn't go into effect until 2000.
The shows back in the 80's & 90's were huge, and well worth the drive, and they didn't charge for parking back then either.
Nowadays, there's really no need for a venue of that size, the Springfield show has shrunk so much you could hold it in an average size hotel convention hall.

I have a free parking sticker for the Eastern States expo grounds.......FTW

all i gotta pay is attendance

- - - Updated - - -

I have a free parking sticker for the Eastern States expo grounds.......FTW

all i gotta pay is attendance

Ugh, I don't feel like driving all the way to Springfield. Looks like I'll be waiting for the next Plymouth one in December.

Timing sucks. I was busy at my other job getting ready for the storm and couldn't make this show. How was it?

I didn't work the show, why, it has shrunk in size over the years and the promoters are greedier. I still think the smaller NH shows have them beat. For me to drive there, rent a room, pay for gas and food I would need to sell a lot of firearms. I let the owner go with his wife this time. ( I wont be going there again).

As Zappa said, in earlier days the place was packed with dealers and it took a good day to get around the entire show. Now, it a 10 minute walk thru.

I have gone to some out of state shows, like Penn, and if you really want to treat yourself to what a gun-show should be attend one in Arizona.I know its a costly trip but make a vacation out of it. The shows are huge and the selection runs from antiques to modern firearms.

Holbrook Sportsman's club is coming up in early Nov. I will post the dates as soon as I can find them.

Last edited:
As Zappa said, in earlier days the place was packed with dealers and it took a good day to get around the entire show. Now, it a 10 minute walk thru.

I have gone to some out of state shows, like Penn, and if you really want to treat yourself to what a gun-show should be attend one in Arizona.

I went to one in Phoenix back in 2004.
We were in town for a Nascar race, which was a Saturday night race, so we had all day Sunday to do whatever.
I saw a huge billboard advertising the show at the state fairgrounds for that weekend so we went.
It was HUGE!
A total gun freak orgy.
They had everything you can imagine, 10 times over, and then some.
We couldn't even see it all in one day, it was that big. [shocked]
The biggest Springfield show, in its heyday, was pale by comparison.

I usually hit the Holbrook show.

After that it'll be a December Plymouth show. With all the retarded 'gotta buy it now before I can't get it' thinking after the election results, the next big show like Plymouth is gonna look like the bread, eggs and milk aisles at the grocery stores before a snow storm in New England.[rolleyes]

VERMONT GUN & KNIFE SHOW
Nov 24-25
American Legion # 26
White River Jct

125 tables

I have always done well at this show. They usually have this on the same weekend of the Diprete Show in West Lebanon, NH, but this year is a little different. Again, this show usually has less of what I call the "professional" dealers, and has more of the "mom & pop" type dealers. The deals on guns are not there,(are they anywhere anymore?), but you can do OK on reloading stuff, brass, and occasionally on ammo.
If you are from the area, or an hour away, it's worth the ride.

Back
Top Bottom