• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When is our side going to fight back?

I'm not talking about armed revolution. I mean in the propaganda war on the second amendment. Nearly every news story about firearms is negative, even in fairly gun friendly states. With shows like Sons of Guns, Top Shot, and American Guns there is an interest in this sort of thing. While those shows entertain us with a lot of shooting it doesn't really say much about gun statistics at all. They could make a show about defensive gun uses. If you believe the information on http://www.guncite.com , which I do, then there should be plenty of material to fill several seasons of that show. It could be in the format of I Survived or I Shouldn't Be Alive. In between stories of armed self defense they could have little snippets on actual gun facts to counter the crap the antis put out. I figure a network like Fox could air something like this.

I'm not talking about armed revolution. I mean in the propaganda war on the second amendment. Nearly every news story about firearms is negative, even in fairly gun friendly states. With shows like Sons of Guns, Top Shot, and American Guns there is an interest in this sort of thing. While those shows entertain us with a lot of shooting it doesn't really say much about gun statistics at all. They could make a show about defensive gun uses. If you believe the information on http://www.guncite.com , which I do, then there should be plenty of material to fill several seasons of that show. It could be in the format of I Survived or I Shouldn't Be Alive. In between stories of armed self defense they could have little snippets on actual gun facts to counter the crap the antis put out. I figure a network like Fox could air something like this.

Do you honestly believe the Sheeple would watch it? If it made it past the pilot, I would be astounded. Even if they got past the pilot and it got on air, it would get protested off. No network would touch something like that, as it is ratings suicide.

Not that I don't agree with your idea, I just do not think it would work: people want to see things explode, they don't want to know how safe the exploding thing is. Tell them that the gun going off is firing a bullet at 1,200 FPS into a target filled with a few select chemicals that will create a very loud explosion, they are thrilled; Tell them that the chemicals are not hazardous, the explosion is safe at a 20 foot range, and the bullet is going to impact a backdrop of sand and stop without hurting anything, and they'll find another channel.

Top Shot, Sons of Guns, American Guns, are all tv shows that kind of paint 2A supporters in a good light, that is better then nothing. Admittedly, I personally don't really care for any of them, but they do seem to appeal to the main stream.

I do like 3 Gun Nation, and an other shooting/marksmanship show on CBS Sports that I can't recall the name at the moment.

Fox is not a 2A supporter, they are just an anti-Obama network. If Obama came out and said he wanted to abolish all unconsitutional laws wrt the 2A, they flip their shit and turn their back on us to attack him and paint Romney as a common sense 2A leader.

Last edited:
We are winning it and in a big way. Massachusetts has a built in dashboard for this. The universal requirement coupled with mandatory training says it all. People are crawling over each other to take this training. The fact that the state and PDs can't keep up with the demand for LTC is telling as well.

We are witnessing the "renormalization" of gun ownership in America. Don't for a minute think otherwise.

I find gun statistics irrelevant. I should simply have the right, I don't care how many other people commit crimes with guns, etc. I don't care if 50% of people who pick up a gun shoot themselves or others with them, that's their problem. So I disagree with proving people should have guns by pointing to low gun crime rates. That could easily go the other way due to some extreme circumstances, but my rights shouldn't go with it.

We are winning it and in a big way. Massachusetts has a built in dashboard for this. The universal requirement coupled with mandatory training says it all. People are crawling over each other to take this training. The fact that the state and PDs can't keep up with the demand for LTC is telling as well.

We are witnessing the "renormalization" of gun ownership in America. Don't for a minute think otherwise.

This. Why do you think Trayvon Martin became such a big issue? It fit the anti gun agenda perfectly and they thought they could sensationalize it to stop the massive shift of policy that going on with conceal carry and stand your ground. The reality is people are changing their attitudes on fun ownership and the media can't do shit about it.

Here's the thing:

Shows are pitched to and purchased by media execuatives. Most of them are anti-gun ownership. The fact that we're seeing an increasing number of firearms related shows that paint firearms in a positive light demonstrates a softening of that position or profits overriding personal beliefs.

Keep in mind how few channels that we're talking about though: Out Doors, The History Channel, Discovery Channel. I think CBS is the only major network that has jumped into the "positive light" on firearms.

You contradict yourself in your own post. The shows you name DO present a positive portrayal of guns. I think that counts. You talk about 'our side' as if they actually could DO anything about it beyond what they are. Increase interest, that will drive viewership which means money which will get more shows on. Period.

Back
Top Bottom