• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When I am Talking to an Anti...

iofneedle

NES Member
Each time an anti brings up "assault weapon" ban...I always ask what is a assault weapon? The answer is consistently a fully automatic rifle. I then tell them assault weapons are already banned. End of conversation.

Each time an anti says I hate gun violence...I say...I hate people violence. If I am going to be locked in a room with either a violent gun or a violent human...I chose the gun every time. I believe the stats of an actually firearm committing a crime is 0%

What do you say to an anti?

Its extremely hard to have a conversation about firearms with an Anti. They are educated by the media and most have never actually held a gun of any kind so they fear them. The only thing I can do as a responsible owner is educate them on the laws and safety if they show interest.

Each time an anti brings up "assault weapon" ban...I always ask what is a assault weapon? The answer is consistently a fully automatic rifle. I then tell them assault weapons are already banned. End of conversation.

Each time an anti says I hate gun violence...I say...I hate people violence. If I am going to be locked in a room with either a violent gun or a violent human...I chose the gun every time. I believe the stats of an actually firearm committing a crime is 0%

What do you say to an anti?

Full autos aren't banned. They're regulated by NFA '34 and subsequent legislation like the lock down on new sales to private citizens that was passed with FOPA. They're legal in Mass with the "machine gun license", which I believe is green.

Full autos aren't banned. They're regulated by NFA '34 and subsequent legislation like the lock down on new sales to private citizens that was passed with FOPA. They're legal in Mass with the "machine gun license", which I believe is green.
I used the phrases already heavily regulated and already highly restricted in reference to automatics.

Thank you sir...I stand corrected.

definitely offer to take them to the range. Also, instead of arguing about guns and gun rights educate them on the constitution and what the Bill of Rights are actually for. Then do a compare to a freedom they support or exercise. Probably won't bring them around but it's kind of nice to see the aha moment when they realize they are a hypocrite....lol

Antis come in many flavors.

1. Hardcore left winger (likely closet communist) who thinks you should be exterminated in the gulag. Unhappy with Obama because he did not send drones to kill gun owners. Hopes that Hillary will do it. Pointless to engage those people.

2. Suburban mom scared of guns, Zika virus, ISIS, Ebola, plane crashes, radon in the house, etc. Can be reasoned with and converted.

3. Hardcore anti-violence fanatic. Thinks we should ban guns, bows, crossbows, kitchen knives should be made without a sharp point, etc, etc. Pointless to engage.

Any more?

Actually, the license looks very much like a MA LTC but it has a distinctive green stripe across the top. The old ones were printed on green paper.

But yes, a few full auto's exist here behind the curtain. Highly regulated and expensive as all get out to buy and feed. [hmmm]

That the AWB is racist. Black and brown kids get killed every week in Boston. We could use more cops, more trust between police and community, better schools, more jobs, more cohesive families to solve that problem. None of which gets discussed. But kill a bunch of white people with a rifle, all the sudden everybody wants the problem fixed.

In the meantime we've surpassed 3,000 opioid-related deaths: 1,356 in 2014, 1,526 in 2015, 324 year-to-date. What are we doing about that?

In the meantime we've surpassed 3,000 opioid-related deaths: 1,356 in 2014, 1,526 in 2015, 324 year-to-date. What are we doing about that?

Throw more money at the problem.

I mean, throw more money to special interest organizations to study the problem and find ways to make drug users feel better about themselves.

The one dangerous thing here that many forget about is thus: if you go up against an anti, and you don't know what you are talking about, you run a good possibility of doing more harm than good.

The one dangerous thing here that many forget about is thus: if you go up against an anti, and you don't know what you are talking about, you run a good possibility of doing more harm than good.

That, honestly, is why I'm here. To get as much gun-related info as possible. Asses are not designed for talking out of.

I was out in front of the State Capital building this past Saturday after tracking down my representative's office. I by-passed Rosenberg's office because of the long line of people waiting to get in.

This is a picture of the gentleman (Seth?) who stood outside for a number of hours drawing a lot of attention, much more positive than negative. In fact more than a few tourists wanted to have their picture taken with him. One lady also asked to hold his banners for her picture.

IMG_0666.jpg

A bit later a few more people came over and stood around with us. One of them, Michael, a well-dressed (white shirt and three-piece grey suit - minus the jacket because of the heat) proved to be a very good spokesman for our cause. He got into quite a discussion with a middle-aged (40's) redhead who was at first very loud and animated against firearms. I wandered over to listen in and give him some support. Michael listened to her and very adroitly was able to counter her objections which at first centered around her father who was quite an angry and loud man and had guns. She was afraid that he would one day snap and start shooting people in a blind rage. She also confessed that she was afraid to have firearms because she thought that she would be tempted to do the same thing. This by the way is a common meme amongst anti-gun people, that they believed that they personally would get angry and start shooting. She then went on to say that no one needed assault weapons but never quite seemed to get the point the difference between assault weapons and semi-automatic rifles. This went on for at least 30-45 minutes. Michael never got angry and never came out and said that she was wrong but rather would turn the conversation to facts which contradicted this lady's assertions. We never really convince her but when it ended we all shook hands and she stated that she had enjoyed talking with us.

I'm glad that I was able to watch this performance because Michael managed it so well from beginning to end and that's what we have to do when confronting anti's. Let them bluster but control the conversation by blunting their arguments with facts about the whole situation.

Had a guy in my group today do the same "assault weapon = full-auto" deal. I had mentioned how we got boned by the legislature this weekend and now I'm under threat of felonies for owning what was perfectly legal last month. He says he's not a "gun worshiper" so he doesn't care, he was actually proud of his ignorance. Good to know where you stand with some people before a crisis actually occurs.

Assault weapon = Politically defined semi-automatic firearm, typically shoulder mounted that has certain and specific cosmetic features.

Assault rifle = Military definition is a shoulder-fired rifle, chambered in an intermediate-cartridge (e.g. .30 cal), and capable of FA fire. Stems from the German word, Sturmgewehr, the first true assault rifle, at least according to my research, is the German StG44. Some small-scale militias in North Africa and ME continue to use them.

So they both technically exist! But I do agree, AW was invented by politicians for a explicit purpose of demonizing them.

had an anti get into it with me at a work lunch (see other thread on Moonbats at work).. at one point she just blurts out "Newtown" with no other argument... I knew right then to call it quits... no getting thru to that one..

Antis come in many flavors.

1. Hardcore left winger (likely closet communist) who thinks you should be exterminated in the gulag. Unhappy with Obama because he did not send drones to kill gun owners. Hopes that Hillary will do it. Pointless to engage those people.

2. Suburban mom scared of guns, Zika virus, ISIS, Ebola, plane crashes, radon in the house, etc. Can be reasoned with and converted.

3. Hardcore anti-violence fanatic. Thinks we should ban guns, bows, crossbows, kitchen knives should be made without a sharp point, etc, etc. Pointless to engage.

Any more?

Yes. The true idiots who believe that if we all just love each other more it will cause everyone on the planet to subscribe to their utopian belief and mutually disarm. Darwinism was founded on these morons.

Yes. The true idiots who believe that if we all just love each other more it will cause everyone on the planet to subscribe to their utopian belief and mutually disarm. Darwinism was founded on these morons.

Often identifiable by the "Coexist" bumper sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely offer to take them to the range. Also, instead of arguing about guns and gun rights educate them on the constitution and what the Bill of Rights are actually for. Then do a compare to a freedom they support or exercise. Probably won't bring them around but it's kind of nice to see the aha moment when they realize they are a hypocrite....lol

You assume that they can be reasoned with, it's usually not the case.[horse]

Actually, the license looks very much like a MA LTC but it has a distinctive green stripe across the top. The old ones were printed on green paper.

But yes, a few full auto's exist here behind the curtain. Highly regulated and expensive as all get out to buy and feed. [hmmm]

And I like to throw in that full autos are exceedingly limited in availability. There is a known universe of full auto firearms that a civilian can purchase and register in their name. It is less than 176,000 in total. This includes full auto pistols and rifles so it is a drop in the bucket in the entire universe of firearms in the United States. So IF you can own one in your state and IF you can afford one, your selection is pretty small to start with thanks to the Hughes Amendment of '86. FOPA my ass.

My source for that specific number:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...eveals-the-number-of-registered-machine-guns/

There are more machine guns, but those are pre-May samples and post May items that can only be "owned" by an appropriately licensed FFL. I understand the difference between pre-May and post-May, the most important element is that an "average citizen" cannot legally own those.

Back
Top Bottom