When Does It Stop Being Luck?

I have to ask that question, because I feel EXTREMELY lucky today. I just picked this up for $90 OTD.

I'll let you guys guess what it is. [smile]

17_izzy_005.jpg

17_izzy_004.jpg

17_izzy_003.jpg

17_izzy_001.jpg

17_izzy_006.jpg

17_izzy_007.jpg

17_izzy_008.jpg

17_izzy_009.jpg

17_izzy_010.jpg

late by 9 min

Curiously the one in the example is marked 7.9 3

Yours is 7.9 5 would the 3rd number be the designation of model 23 25 26 etc?

late by 9 min

Curiously the one in the example is marked 7.9 3

Yours is 7.9 5 would the 3rd number be the designation of model 23 25 26 etc?

My searches reveal that they are marked 7.92 through 7.95. Not sure why the differences. Possibly bore measurement?

Ugh. I'm going to yell at the next FUDD I see at the range because of this. GFDI.

I would have pitched in $90 to save it for anyone but the jackass that chopped her.

Well, yeah!

Did you cut and paste from my previous post? [hmmm]

No, I had been on Tuco's and the Nagant boards a lot when I was heavy into C&R years ago and knew about that rarity list when I was checking about a SA 41 stamped Finn 91/30 I had bought and was looking at buy a Puolustuslaitos marked rifle.

I hit quick reply went to go and find it and got side tracked on the sight and links...by the time I hit post you had posted.

Martin - how do you continue to do this??????
finding firearms must be your full time job right?

Take your wife to dinner or something!!! give the rest of us a chance! [smile]

It's a little luck, and getting to know the shop owners. And you do have to stop in every month or so!

JD09, my bad for making light of your search efforts. Apologies, as no offense was intended. My choice of smilies wasn't the best.

None were common. The Belgian "Blindee" was an 8mm conversion for 8X57 rimless, and there was another rimmed conversion, but I can't remember the source right now.

All in all, any 8mm MN is quite a rarity.

JD09, my bad for making light of your search efforts. Apologies, as no offense was intended. My choice of smilies wasn't the best.

Its all good...I just get a slight bout ADD and always start cross referencing all over the place when I get on gun research sites

Back
Top Bottom