When do you think this AR ban will be overturned?

We get to vote for a new AG in 2 years.
No matter who we get for an AG, the reality of the matter is that no AG, R or D, will "soften the state's stand on gun control".

NEVER! Even with a test case the Ma. Supreme Court would never rule against the AG on a gun case(see Draper vs. Healey).
Draper v. Healey was heard in federal court.

Last edited:
Is it registered or you just did a 4473? If the latter, are you sure you didn't already give it to him before the 20th?

I got it in a group buy, and paid a transfer fee when I picked it up. Cant remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure its registered.

I'll just keep it for myself, and let him know that since he usually shoots in NH anyway, and often with me, we can build a rifle together to be stored in my safe.

Interesting scenario:

- Person buys an EBR in PA while living there in 2012
- Person has MA non resident permit; moves to MA; gets resident permit (i.e., at no time unlicensed)
- Person brings EBR when he moved to MA
- MA law does not require eFA-10 or registration of guns legally brought in when you move

Is this rifle legal according to the edict?

Presumably it would be, as long as it's feature compliant, as the "grandfather" clause specifies only prior possession, not prior possession by a MA resident.

Rob Boudrie said:
Remember, unlike handguns in NY, there is no affirmative requirement to have "registration" for every gun you own, and no such thing as "registration papers" (yes, I know there is the eFA-10 copy, but I'm talking about registration papers you are required to keep, not a receipt you are not legally required to have).

One would think that if the "grandfather" clause were legally binding upon the prosecution, it would be up to them to show you obtained the "assault weapon" after the cut off date, not for you to show you had it before. They're the ones making the claim they have to prove. So paperwork could be helpful for you, but not necessarily required for your defense. However, if the "grandfather" clause is not legally binding, then any paperwork you have would be useless for your defense anyway.

(But, as with everything at the moment, I'd have to suffix all the above with a "maybe... I guess.")

If he lives out of state, then this would be a transfer across state lines. That is a federal felony and the AG would be the least of his worries.

I'm assuming the order of operations would be thus:

Currently still listed legally as a MA resident, but in practicality has moved.
Transfer lower.
Officially change address, drivers license, ect..

It isn't 100% clear to me what his legal residency is at this point. If he's already out of state officially, I agree with you.

The good and the bad!

Mansfield F&G meeting is tonight. It will be discussed in some detail. Of course it helps that our club president is on the GOAL BOD! I attended the BOD meeting last week strictly to get more info (than all the speculation here) on the AG issue. However, ~50 members attend out of 550 and that is average, so the other 500 only get the sparse Emails sent out by the club, maybe they read them and maybe they don't.

Braintree R&P has written GOAL off due to bad feelings wrt the change in leadership at GOAL, so the 6000 member club really no longer supports GOAL no matter what it does or what is happening. BTW, we also only get ~60 members to a meeting and probably ~700/year use the facilities, so getting the word out isn't something that works well here.

The good and the bad!

Mansfield F&G meeting is tonight. It will be discussed in some detail. Of course it helps that our club president is on the GOAL BOD! I attended the BOD meeting last week strictly to get more info (than all the speculation here) on the AG issue. However, ~50 members attend out of 550 and that is average, so the other 500 only get the sparse Emails sent out by the club, maybe they read them and maybe they don't.

Braintree R&P has written GOAL off due to bad feelings wrt the change in leadership at GOAL, so the 6000 member club really no longer supports GOAL no matter what it does or what is happening. BTW, we also only get ~60 members to a meeting and probably ~700/year use the facilities, so getting the word out isn't something that works well here.
Though BRP did send out an email blast regarding the rally. And I use the facilities almost weekly, but never been to a meeting. I'm not old enough yet (read this as not way past retirement age).

It seems every time I go shooting there are a lot of "younger" couples shooting. I haven't noticed, but is there anything posted on any of the boards in the BRP clubhouse regarding the AGO B.S.? If not, will an old FUDD complain if I post something? Maybe just leave some printouts on the tables?

Though BRP did send out an email blast regarding the rally. And I use the facilities almost weekly, but never been to a meeting. I'm not old enough yet (read this as not way past retirement age).

It seems every time I go shooting there are a lot of "younger" couples shooting. I haven't noticed, but is there anything posted on any of the boards in the BRP clubhouse regarding the AGO B.S.? If not, will an old FUDD complain if I post something? Maybe just leave some printouts on the tables?

That email blast was a travesty and said nothing. It did note the date of the rally but that is all.

I've been attending virtually all the meetings since I joined >17 years ago. We get many who are in the 20-40 yo range at the meetings.

The board nearest the door is for just those sort of notices, nobody will complain, so do it.

Okay, I will this weekend when I waste more money on spent brass, lol.

Yeah, the email did kind of suck, but it was something. Unlike some clubs, that sent nothing. And the Calendar on the site doesn't indicate club meeting time? Only date? Sorry, I know off Topic.....

How soon?

Well, it could depend on how quickly our current speaker of the house gets indicted, upholding a long-standing Massachusetts tradition, or, several election cycles, assuming the stars align, and somehow sane legislators prevail over the moonbats. Or the FFLs facing wholsale closures decide, "eff it, I need to make a living" and go full civil disobedience.

or, more likely, never. Wifey is finally convinced this place sucks. looked at our first house in NH last week.

"Draper v. Healey was heard in federal court."
My bad so we're really screwed.

Really, really screwed. The court did not even allow our side to present detailed expert testimony, since the AGs claims were accepted in full. The court went so far as to say that our side "knew it had a weak case".

- - - Updated - - -

Who the F knows. However i think we can say with a slight bit of confidence that if the EBR was not neutered on the way in, then it was never here legally in the first place and would not be covered by her current graces.
I was referring, of course, to a neutered EBR.

But the answer in your first 4 words is the only correct one.

Okay, I will this weekend when I waste more money on spent brass, lol.

Yeah, the email did kind of suck, but it was something. Unlike some clubs, that sent nothing. And the Calendar on the site doesn't indicate club meeting time? Only date? Sorry, I know off Topic.....

Meeting starts at 7PM, usually over by 7:30PM. Dinner (Free) served ~5:45PM. Meetings always 2nd Monday except if it is a holiday (3rd Monday in that case) and annual meeting (VFW hall at 9AM on 2nd Sunday in December) with lunch served ~12Noon (and pay bar open as well).

If Hillary goes that far, it will mean all 50 states have had the 2nd Amendment infringed and there will be civil war.

She won't do any direct action, other than minor executive actions, but she'll tilt the Supreme Court to the anti side, so you'll start seeing anti decisions coming through. They might try to reinstate the AWB but make it retroactive, or they might realize that's the road to civil war, or the red states seceding. Unlike in the 1800s, the blue states have so much debt and so many unfunded liabilities, that they probably won't fare well if the country splits in two with most of the private employers moving to the low tax smaller government red state union.

But I think she'll try it, thinking the red states are bluffing and too dependent on the blue states.

She won't do any direct action, other than minor executive actions, but she'll tilt the Supreme Court to the anti side, so you'll start seeing anti decisions coming through. They might try to reinstate the AWB but make it retroactive, or they might realize that's the road to civil war, or the red states seceding. Unlike in the 1800s, the blue states have so much debt and so many unfunded liabilities, that they probably won't fare well if the country splits in two with most of the private employers moving to the low tax smaller government red state union.

But I think she'll try it, thinking the red states are bluffing and too dependent on the blue states.

I see a SCOTUS drift away from the true meaning of the 2A as an express lane to civil war. I'd like to think there's plenty of people out there waiting for someone to jump in the pond first.

I see a SCOTUS drift away from the true meaning of the 2A as an express lane to civil war. I'd like to think there's plenty of people out there waiting for someone to jump in the pond first.

Creation of a true third party with separatist intentions would be a first step.

Creation of a true third party with separatist intentions would be a first step.
Nope, rescind 2a, then raid a "Hatfields and Mccoys" type area that have internet access. Lots of Po'd kin, and gun owners in the rest of the country waiting for the SWAT door kick in may light that powder keg.

When it is time to bury it, it is actually time to use it........

Nope, rescind 2a, then raid a "Hatfields and Mccoys" type area that have internet access. Lots of Po'd kin, and gun owners in the rest of the country waiting for the SWAT door kick in may light that powder keg.

When it is time to bury it, it is actually time to use it........

Dude, share that shit.
992703-cheech-and-chong.jpg

Have you seen any pro-gun laws showing up in Europe after all the terrorism? Progressives double down on their beliefs when things go wrong, they don't suddenly have an epiphany.

Actually - I read somewhere in the last few days that the President of Czekoslovakia said that everybody should buy guns to defend themselves.

So yes - sometimes -people do have an epiphany. I've also read in numerous places that people in Germany are arming up after all the stuff that has been going down.

That doesn't change the attitudes coming out of the government - but when people start believing one thing and the government keeps trying to hold them back from acting on that belief - it usually leads to big problems.

He said that he is "totally out of my old residence". I would call that moved.

- - - Updated - - -

Jobs will be keeping us here until retirement.

Yeah - that too. But my job is currently in NH - and has been for 13 years now. I might get laid off next month - or I might keep the job for another ten years. In either case - I could live in NH and communte to MA like so many other people do. That's not the main thing keeping me here. In the end it's really my house - I unfortunately started down a path of doing MAJOR renovations - and they're not done yet. I could pay somebody to finish it all off just so I could sell it , but that would be major $$ out of my pocket. I could sell it as is - but again - major $$ loss. For the time being my strategy is to stick it out and try to finish the damn thing sooner rather than later. If it was saleable tomorrow I'd be in a completely different place argument-wise as far as staying here. Then all I'd have to do is either convince the wife it's time to get out of MA - and maybe New England - or if that did not work - I'd have to decide whether I wanted to ditch the wife.

Seeing what is going down in this country lately I do not have much confidence that things are not going to get worse - potentially a LOT worse. The attacks are coming from all sides - and if Hillary gets in - I see shit getting even worse. I'm not sure it's entirely clear where the best place to ride that all out is.

As far as guns go - if we really get into a SHTF situation - then I don't really care that much about "legality" - at that point being "legal" doesn't really matter all that much any more.

This episode serves as a confirmation to some as to the wisdom of their actions, and a warning to others.

If the edict-ban gets overturned, STOCK UP ON EBRs since it probably won't be the last attack.

If we win any action, the opposition will use that win as ammo to sell the "need to correct the loosening of the MA gun laws afforded by the courts". It will not necessarily represent a long-term return to the status quo.

I regret I did not get more, but I am grateful that I got some over the past few years, including a nice .308.

Speaking as somebody who has already "got more" - I'm not sure that is really a very good strategy.

I think you seriously need to ask yourself WHY you wanted to get more. I've actually been trying to sell off a lot of my stuff - for a number of reasons. I don't shoot a lot of it. I have a bunch of money tied up in it. I have other things I think about getting. And least and by no means least: It has really sunk into me that if things really go into a SHTF situation - having a big gun collection in the movies might count for a lot , but in reality all you need is just the few you might have to carry out on your back.

The Army and Marines don't issue each soldier a safe full of weaponry - they just one or maybe two depending on what they do.

All the rest is just confiscation material.

The closer we move towards actually having to use them - the more I realize I don't need a whole bunch of them.

Back
Top Bottom