• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When do you think this AR ban will be overturned?

Not really. Only the states that adopted the assault ban after the federal AWB expired. The states that didn't don't have anything for their AG's to redifine.

Bob

I'm referring to the reinterpretation of the law, and the response to that.

Because Federal gun control has pretty failed at the national level - they're adopting different tactics and trying to address it on a state by state basis. If this stands - then it will be green flag to try other shennanigans across the country at the state level. It might not be exactly the same as what happened here - but it will be something. Bloomberg has been funding and pushing this shit - and there's been a number of threads about it right here on NES.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Massachusetts' NRA members should stop renewing their membership and they should let the NRA know that until the NRA decision makers pull their thumb out of their rectum when it comes to MA and start working for us members, ​we will not renew our membership and/or contribute additional money. They are very good in harassing us for donations, but they don't seem to do much for this state. That's what I did today. Just my feeling at this point.

In a state where there is an active state gun rights organization, like GOAL, the NRA takes a back seat to the locals. The NRA will help GOAL, but there is little they could do. We simply don't have the votes in the legislature, because we don't have the votes at the ballot box.

The NRA will focus their efforts on states where they can make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it will be.

In that case : see you later Massachusetts.

The fact that my house is not in a saleable state - and the wife doesn't want to move are now the only two things keeping me here.

Both of those are solveable problems. I will be done with the house sooner or later - and the wife can be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
question for you guys. I've already physically left the state, a month ago, but I am now totally out of my old residence and about to notify the FRB of my leaving. I have a registered, unbuilt lower. Is it still an unknown as to if these can be sold FTF via EF-10 like any other post ban firearm? I'd like to offer it to a friend before leaving if I could.

question for you guys. I've already physically left the state, a month ago, but I am now totally out of my old residence and about to notify the FRB of my leaving. I have a registered, unbuilt lower. Is it still an unknown as to if these can be sold FTF via EF-10 like any other post ban firearm? I'd like to offer it to a friend before leaving if I could.

Just keep it for yourself at this point.

If you have already moved, then you are no longer a resident of MA. Since you are no longer a resident of MA, you can no longer sell a gun FTF to a MA resident, by federal law.

If you have already moved, then you are no longer a resident of MA. Since you are no longer a resident of MA, you can no longer sell a gun FTF to a MA resident, by federal law.

He appears to be in transition between residences...

He appears to be in transition between residences...

He said that he is "totally out of my old residence". I would call that moved.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case : see you later Massachusetts.

The fact that my house is not in a saleable state - and the wife doesn't want to move are now the only two things keeping me here.

Both of those are solveable problems. I will be done with the house sooner or later - and the wife can be replaced.

Jobs will be keeping us here until retirement.

Interesting scenario:

- Person buys an EBR in PA while living there in 2012
- Person has MA non resident permit; moves to MA; gets resident permit (i.e., at no time unlicensed)
- Person brings EBR when he moved to MA
- MA law does not require eFA-10 or registration of guns legally brought in when you move

Is this rifle legal according to the edict?

Remember, unlike handguns in NY, there is no affirmative requirement to have "registration" for every gun you own, and no such thing as "registration papers" (yes, I know there is the eFA-10 copy, but I'm talking about registration papers you are required to keep, not a receipt you are not legally required to have).

Longer than it would take for you make arrangements to move to a free state...

This is my home. I am reminded of the quote from "Al" in Die Hard. No sir. You couldn't DRAG me away.

BTW - funny avatar. LOL

My guess is 2019.

Sorry to question your sincerity JimmyAK. Once again, I think you guys may have been feeding a troll. 14 posts and asking about the game plan to overturn this, as if someone with a truly effective plan is going to publish it here.

Previous posts about how to obtain an off-list gun.
Hope I'm wrong, but if not say hi to Maursha for us. [troll]

Interesting scenario:

- Person buys an EBR in PA while living there in 2012
- Person has MA non resident permit; moves to MA; gets resident permit (i.e., at no time unlicensed)
- Person brings EBR when he moved to MA
- MA law does not require eFA-10 or registration of guns legally brought in when you move

Is this rifle legal according to the edict?

Remember, unlike handguns in NY, there is no affirmative requirement to have "registration" for every gun you own, and no such thing as "registration papers" (yes, I know there is the eFA-10 copy, but I'm talking about registration papers you are required to keep, not a receipt you are not legally required to have).

Who the F knows. However i think we can say with a slight bit of confidence that if the EBR was not neutered on the way in, then it was never here legally in the first place and would not be covered by her current graces.

Sorry to question your sincerity JimmyAK. Once again, I think you guys may have been feeding a troll. 14 posts and asking about the game plan to overturn this, as if someone with a truly effective plan is going to publish it here.

Previous posts about how to obtain an off-list gun.
Hope I'm wrong, but if not say hi to Maursha for us. [troll]

No, not a troll at all. I'm genuinely interested in this. I got screwed out of getting an AR on the 20th due to a PIN number issue, so I really want some insight on when/if this could ever get overturned. Also when I said "secret plan" I really meant for an opinion on what some people think is going on behind the scenes to possibly counter the "ausalt rifle ban".

correct, I am no longer living in my old residence, but I still am in possession of it, and it still has my possessions that we decided not to keep. I was keeping my residence in MA until I was able to move my firearms up here. Since they are now up here, I will now notify the FRB. I just was wondering if I could do a friend a favor and transfer him a lower since my license, vehicle, and LTC are still in MA for a few more days.

NEVER! Even with a test case the Ma. Supreme Court would never rule against the AG on a gun case(see Draper vs. Healey). Repressives don't believe they have to follow laws they don't agree with and don't believe in the 2nd Amendment. If Hillary wins she will get 2-3 appointments and then we're really screwed. Scalia's death screwed us big time. Time to MOVE!

I wouldn't do that, you'd technically be doing something bad. Unlikely you'd ever get charged, but I draw the line at committing felonies for friends. Or is this friend hot and female?

I wouldn't do that, you'd technically be doing something bad. Unlikely you'd ever get charged, but I draw the line at committing felonies for friends. Or is this friend hot and female?

lol, no he's neither hot nor female. Unfortunately, I was so consumed with moving that I wasnt aware of what was going down with the AG until late on the 20th. Otherwise, I would have done this for him sooner. Guess I'll just build it for myself.

lol, no he's neither hot nor female. Unfortunately, I was so consumed with moving that I wasnt aware of what was going down with the AG until late on the 20th. Otherwise, I would have done this for him sooner. Guess I'll just build it for myself.

Is it registered or you just did a 4473? If the latter, are you sure you didn't already give it to him before the 20th?

Honestly? The AG's not going to chase someone who lives out of state on this shit. I doubt she even could. The risk, if any, would be on your friend, the recipient. If he wanted to take the risk, I'd say go for it.

This episode serves as a confirmation to some as to the wisdom of their actions, and a warning to others.

If the edict-ban gets overturned, STOCK UP ON EBRs since it probably won't be the last attack.

If we win any action, the opposition will use that win as ammo to sell the "need to correct the loosening of the MA gun laws afforded by the courts". It will not necessarily represent a long-term return to the status quo.

I regret I did not get more, but I am grateful that I got some over the past few years, including a nice .308.

I think that Massachusetts' NRA members should stop renewing their membership and they should let the NRA know that until the NRA decision makers pull their thumb out of their rectum when it comes to MA and start working for us members, ​we will not renew our membership and/or contribute additional money. They are very good in harassing us for donations, but they don't seem to do much for this state.

That's what I did today. Just my feeling at this point.

Im with you!!! I dropped NRA last year. Im a member of goal and donate to comm2a
Wheres the NRA WHEN YOU MEED THEM?? Not in mass

. Also when I said "secret plan" I really meant for an opinion on what some people think is going on behind the scenes to possibly counter the "ausalt rifle ban".

Dude, the AG's office reads NES.

Once more, with feeling, THE AG's OFFICE READS NES.

We are not going to help them by giving them a heads up on what Comm2a's legal strategy might be.

Two to three years, best case. It's not going to magically go away once the legislature returns to "work" in January. They aren't interested in you. Their only reason for doing it will be protect their own power.

The legislature kicked the can down the road and will NOT pick it back up in January. Bills may be filed but will be sent to committee to "study" (DOA). The leadership has said it, let the courts sort it out.

While I'm grateful for GOAL's efforts, I think nothing will happen on the legislative front. Too corrupt. That leaves Comm2A on the legal front, and while I think they'll put up a vicious goddamn fight, I'm not incredibly hopeful there. Legislative and judicial are both just totally ****ed systems in this country, and particularly this state. Reset should have been hit a long time ago, and it wasn't. Government will keep gaining ground. People will adjust to the new changes, they will sit for a few decades, and then push the agenda again. It's their tried and true method.

I agree with you, it is now up to Comm2A to come up with a bullet-proof challenge in Federal court and pray that new justices aren't as bad as the old ones!

Longer than it would take for you make arrangements to move to a free state...

QFT!

they are the "evil boogeyman" that makes any legislation poisoned to the antis. the best thing they can do for us is to stay out of MA and just provide backroom support to GOAL. i think you underestimate how much the antis HATE the NRA. like completely utterly despise the NRA and any legislation they will have touched here would be DOA.

this whole thing fu(king sucks, i get it. the legislature sucks too (IE- the two ringleaders of the circus on the Hill saying no bills will be heard). GOAL will be right back at it soon with the new session opening. Dickleo said it himself; "go to court." so people need to quit b!tching and put your money where your mouth is. Comm2A has been silent. you know what that means? they're probably going to drop the fu(king hammer on this BS soon. so what can you do? donate to them. now. today. they're gonna need it. were defeating ourselves at the onset here.

"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." (rep if you can name movie without googling)

/rant

Indeed, some 20 years ago I was at the gun hearings and NRA sent the area rep to speak. You should have heard all the derogatory BS about the "gall of NRA to show up". This was by legistraitors as well as the anti crowd. They will work best in MA by strategizing in the back room with our own groups but being invisible to the public and legistraitors.

We get to vote for a new AG in 2 years.

That's a joke. Meet the new AG, same as the old AG!

Why should they bother with a test case? They have us exactly where they want us: dancing from one foot to the next trying to figure out the law, dealers too afraid to sell anything, and out of state suppliers cutting us off completely. They've achieved their goal through fear without changing the law one bit. They have no incentive to single anyone out and prosecute, thus risking their upper hand. I don't even think they'll go for confiscation, at least in the short term. They have no reason to, with everything as it currently is. All they have to do is wait until this is the new normal.

The insidious thing about this is that Healey's people will stand before the court and swear they didn't change a thing about the law; they were only enforcing what was already there. It's going to take a court that actually understands English and cares about the rule of law to see what they've done, and most of the courts we have access to are too sympathetic to the anti cause to be reasonable.

So what? No future AG is going to go out on a limb for a tiny fraction of the population and publicly repudiate Healey's decree. The best we can hope for is someone who will decide not to pursue it, but it'll still be out there, and people will still be afraid.

There is so much truth here that it really isn't funny. FUD works wonders to accomplish her goals without even charging anyone with any alleged crime.

NEVER! Even with a test case the Ma. Supreme Court would never rule against the AG on a gun case(see Draper vs. Healey). Repressives don't believe they have to follow laws they don't agree with and don't believe in the 2nd Amendment. If Hillary wins she will get 2-3 appointments and then we're really screwed. Scalia's death screwed us big time. Time to MOVE!

Again, I agree with this 110% as well.

Honestly? The AG's not going to chase someone who lives out of state on this shit. I doubt she even could. The risk, if any, would be on your friend, the recipient. If he wanted to take the risk, I'd say go for it.

If he lives out of state, then this would be a transfer across state lines. That is a federal felony and the AG would be the least of his worries.

Back
Top Bottom