• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When do you think this AR ban will be overturned?

Nah it isn't that. Its:

You'd be shooting cops, you know, your neighbor and buddy, who didn't make this the way it is. Chief's maybe but not the dudes who actually have their lives on the line.
Without control of the Narrative the Globe and NYT would label you domestic terrorists, and frankly I'd be shocked if this comment isn't already flagged in some NSA data file.
Huffing Posts is already pushing the "NRA = ISIS" narrative...

Let's face it, outside of calls for violent confiscation, .gov would have to clearly draw first blood in such a catastrophic way that the press couldn't spin it...

I believe there is a very good number of people that would stand in front of people's door before they got kicked in, including a fair number of LEO and former and current Military. But until you start seeing that happen, which it won't in just one state, this is a soap and ballot box fight. Anything offensive you do with the other box is going to go down in "history" as another example of why they "ban guns like this" and "terrorist".

Someone else mentioned all this in another thread, I'm not the only one who gets it.

There would maybe be ways to get it done favorably, without undue violence towards patrol officers and the like. But, as you said, even talking about theoreticals with this is an NSA thoughtcrime, so It's probably best not to explore it further.

Edit: I do agree with your general statement though.

I think that Massachusetts' NRA members should stop renewing their membership and they should let the NRA know that until the NRA decision makers pull their thumb out of their rectum when it comes to MA and start working for us members, ​we will not renew our membership and/or contribute additional money. They are very good in harassing us for donations, but they don't seem to do much for this state.

That's what I did today. Just my feeling at this point.

Sound like a good idea except, the club i belong too requires that i be a member in order to keep my membership in order... now what? Maybe get everyone at the club on board? That might work...

Never, there is no "AR ban", just fear mongering by a narcissistic egomaniac AG. The law hasn't changed and no where in the written law are ARs banned. Due to the clear and undeniable bias against gun owners by the state and district courts, people will be scared to stand up to her, regardless of how assignee her decree is.

The AGs MO has always been to rule by fear, if she can maintain fear, she doesn't need the law on her side, as in the end, legal gun owners are that, law abiding citizens, who try to obey the law even in the face of grave injustice.

The AG will do what she needs to maintain that fear, no more, no less, and in this state, under the current climate, it will probably work.

You want to be the test case?

Thomas Jefferson gave us the answer to this.

[FONT=&amp]"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."[/FONT]

The problem is no one will stand up to water the tree.

No one wants to be the first guy to run out of the house with a rifle.

eta- read this after I posted and thought it might come off sounding like Im saying that no one has the balls. What I mean is it can be difficult to be the first person to stand up for something for fear of looking over your shoulder and seeing no one behind you.

Imo, its inevitable that things will eventually get kicked off. When and to what extent, I dont know. Once that first guy stands up, it makes it just that much easier for the next guy, and the next after him.

Last edited:
There would maybe be ways to get it done favorably, without undue violence towards patrol officers and the like. But, as you said, even talking about theoreticals with this is an NSA thoughtcrime, so It's probably best not to explore it further.

Edit: I do agree with your general statement though.

I fixed it. Edit now reads; EDIT: The above was a direct quote from a historical figure and the conjecture of the poster of today's laziness. This post does not condone or confirm the actions/wants of the poster.

The ban will never be overturned, and the legislature will eventually seize upon it to close what they will call the _possession loophole_. Emboldened, they will ban the remaining semi-automatics. Give it a few years. Anything beyond bolt-action ownership in MA is on the way out.

You want to be the test case?

I doubt any individual is going to be a "test case" . A dealer, maybe... but even that is debatable.

Then again this is MA, but even in MA I haven't heard of a court that agreed with a law that a DA/AG suddenly just pulled out of their ass.

-Mike

The ban will never be overturned, and the legislature will eventually seize upon it to close what they will call the _possession loophole_. Emboldened, they will ban the remaining semi-automatics. Give it a few years. Anything beyond bolt-action ownership in MA is on the way out.

possibly but you might as well join a few extra churches because the only thing stopping it from spreading to "free states" will be an act providence.

To shortly be followed up by the realization that the operating system of almost every bolt action rifle produced today is basically a copy of one of three actual weapons of war and no one needs anything more than 2 rounds in a shotgun anyhow.

I doubt any individual is going to be a "test case" . A dealer, maybe... but even that is debatable.

Then again this is MA, but even in MA I haven't heard of a court that agreed with a law that a DA/AG suddenly just pulled out of their ass.

-Mike

Why should they bother with a test case? They have us exactly where they want us: dancing from one foot to the next trying to figure out the law, dealers too afraid to sell anything, and out of state suppliers cutting us off completely. They've achieved their goal through fear without changing the law one bit. They have no incentive to single anyone out and prosecute, thus risking their upper hand. I don't even think they'll go for confiscation, at least in the short term. They have no reason to, with everything as it currently is. All they have to do is wait until this is the new normal.

The insidious thing about this is that Healey's people will stand before the court and swear they didn't change a thing about the law; they were only enforcing what was already there. It's going to take a court that actually understands English and cares about the rule of law to see what they've done, and most of the courts we have access to are too sympathetic to the anti cause to be reasonable.

We get to vote for a new AG in 2 years.

So what? No future AG is going to go out on a limb for a tiny fraction of the population and publicly repudiate Healey's decree. The best we can hope for is someone who will decide not to pursue it, but it'll still be out there, and people will still be afraid.

Last edited:

-Mike

Like all bullies, I'm sure she would if she could find someone weak, who she thinks would make a deal. It would be a mistake for her to actually follow all the way through on a case and she likely realizes that, but if she felt her power was in jeopardy, I wouldn't put it past her to try to bankrupt some poor schmuck to make a point. Lots of risk for her to take it further though.

Why should they bother with a test case? They have us exactly where they want us: dancing from one foot to the next trying to figure out the law, dealers too afraid to sell anything, and out of state suppliers cutting us off completely. They've achieved their goal through fear without changing the law one bit. They have no incentive to single anyone out and prosecute, thus risking their upper hand.

Well, they'll have to put up or shut up if some dealer just gets sick of the BS and just starts doing whatever they want. Hell, there might even be smaller ones already doing that as I write this.

-Mike

Well, they'll have to put up or shut up if some dealer just gets sick of the BS and just starts doing whatever they want. Hell, there might even be smaller ones already doing that as I write this.

-Mike

I hope someone is, I truly do. It's probably our best chance, although it'll suck for that person if they get jammed up. We know the legislature isn't going to help, and we're vapor-locked until the fear subsides.

Wish I knew. Sadly I lost my hi-capacity, semi-automatic crystal ball in a deep sea fishing accident.

After thousands of are killed by terrorists and the lefties realize they need to protect themselves.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

I 100% support all the companies that practice this policy, unfortunately it doesn't mean much when companies like S&W, Colt, Ruger etc. aren't on board.

I really think one of the ways to fight this is to basically request a "boycott MA" campaign.

And let it be known which companies are still shipping stuff into LEO in MA.

In the end MA is going to turn out to be a test case - if this shit stands here - then it will be tried somewhere else. So everybody across the entire country has a stake in this.

I wonder if GOA, GOAL and the NRA would fund a nationwide "boycott Mass." Campaign ? Full page add in all gun magazines. Hit these bastards where it hurts and sent copies of the adds to every legislator and every chamber of commerce in every town.

Stop looking to everybody else to solve the problem and do it yourself. Besides GOA, GOAL, and the NRA are not economic boycott organizations - they're gun rights organizations. Any call for screwing over MA economically HAS TO come from somewhere else but those organizations.

Most people don't remember this - because it happened quite a few years ago. But we need to "Zumbo" anybody who continues to sell or ship firearms related ANYTHING into LEO in MA.

Zumbo was a guy who was a hunting sports writer in Outdoor Life magazine. He wrote a column that came out against AR rifles - and called them "assault rifles". If I remember correctly - the column hit the intarwebs on like a Wednesday or Thursday - and by Monday he had lost his job. Remington was one of his major sponsors - and so many people were writing them to say that if they did not dump him - then they would never buy Remington again.

Long story short - he got his ass handed to him. I remember the whole thing going down - there were threads here - a huge thread on ar15.com - and TheHighRoad - and a number of other gun sites.

The thing spread like wildfire - and the threats coming from gun owners all over the country telling Outdoor Life and Remington and all of his other sponsors basically saying "Dump this bitch or lose all your business" - stick a flaming poker up their ass and DID IT QUICK.

We can protest and protest and protest and protest - and I think it probably won't achieve shit. Or we can start waging economic warfare - and watch everybody start screaming just like they're screaming about the shit Trump is saying.

I remember Garandman saying that Boston pulls in TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars from tourism. They also have students coming here from all over the country. Because of the whole " liberty started here" theme that they use to sell Boston (and places like Lexington and Concord) - I think we are pretty much PERFECTLY situated here to make an very persuasive argument that what is going on in MA right now - is literally the same thing that the Crown used to pull against the colonists. It wouldn't hurt to point out that Lexington wanted to pass an assault weapon ban - and now MA government is just passing decrees with no consent of the governed.

Make this shit go viral - when the dollars start adding up - somebody is going to start screaming bloody murder.

I read somewhere that politics is the art of screwing people over. We're not playing the game right. We need to start making it hurt when people take our rights away.

In the end MA is going to turn out to be a test case - if this shit stands here - then it will be tried somewhere else. So everybody across the entire country has a stake in this.

Not really. Only the states that adopted the assault ban after the federal AWB expired. The states that didn't don't have anything for their AG's to redifine.

Bob

After thousands of are killed by terrorists and the lefties realize they need to protect themselves.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

Have you seen any pro-gun laws showing up in Europe after all the terrorism? Progressives double down on their beliefs when things go wrong, they don't suddenly have an epiphany.

Have you seen any pro-gun laws showing up in Europe after all the terrorism? Progressives double down on their beliefs when things go wrong, they don't suddenly have an epiphany.

After all, if it wasn't for guns... er, and trucks, err, and knives, err, and axes, err and explosives...

If it wasn't for guns, those poor Jihadi's would have never turned to violence!

Back
Top Bottom