When do you think this AR ban will be overturned?

How long does it take to develop good candidates and replace the elected officials who allowed this to happen, all the way up to leadership?

That's your answer.

Two to three years, best case. It's not going to magically go away once the legislature returns to "work" in January. They aren't interested in you. Their only reason for doing it will be protect their own power.

While I'm grateful for GOAL's efforts, I think nothing will happen on the legislative front. Too corrupt. That leaves Comm2A on the legal front, and while I think they'll put up a vicious goddamn fight, I'm not incredibly hopeful there. Legislative and judicial are both just totally ****ed systems in this country, and particularly this state. Reset should have been hit a long time ago, and it wasn't. Government will keep gaining ground. People will adjust to the new changes, they will sit for a few decades, and then push the agenda again. It's their tried and true method.

I think that Massachusetts' NRA members should stop renewing their membership and they should let the NRA know that until the NRA decision makers pull their thumb out of their rectum when it comes to MA and start working for us members, ​we will not renew our membership and/or contribute additional money. They are very good in harassing us for donations, but they don't seem to do much for this state.

That's what I did today. Just my feeling at this point.

I think there will be lessons to be learned from the Maryland "AWB" case and how the courts deal with that and what we can learn from it going forward.

My gut feeling? Never

My hope? 3-4 years after a lengthy and costly court battle, which I'll be paying for in both taxes and donations to the entities in the court fighting for my rights.

Edit, I'll still work in MA so even after I move (was planned long before 7/20) I'll still be funding both sides of the lawsuit.

I think that Massachusetts' NRA members should stop renewing their membership and they should let the NRA know that until the NRA decision makers pull their thumb out of their rectum when it comes to MA and start working for us members, ​we will not renew our membership and/or contribute additional money. They are very good in harassing us for donations, but they don't seem to do much for this state.

they are the "evil boogeyman" that makes any legislation poisoned to the antis. the best thing they can do for us is to stay out of MA and just provide backroom support to GOAL. i think you underestimate how much the antis HATE the NRA. like completely utterly despise the NRA and any legislation they will have touched here would be DOA.

this whole thing fu(king sucks, i get it. the legislature sucks too (IE- the two ringleaders of the circus on the Hill saying no bills will be heard). GOAL will be right back at it soon with the new session opening. Dickleo said it himself; "go to court." so people need to quit b!tching and put your money where your mouth is. Comm2A has been silent. you know what that means? they're probably going to drop the fu(king hammer on this BS soon. so what can you do? donate to them. now. today. they're gonna need it. were defeating ourselves at the onset here.

"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." (rep if you can name movie without googling)

/rant

they are the "evil boogeyman" that makes any legislation poisoned to the antis. the best thing they can do for us is to stay out of MA and just provide backroom support to GOAL. i think you underestimate how much the antis HATE the NRA. like completely utterly despise the NRA and any legislation they will have touched here would be DOA.

this whole thing fu(king sucks, i get it. the legislature sucks too (IE- the two ringleaders of the circus on the Hill saying no bills will be heard). GOAL will be right back at it soon with the new session opening. Dickleo said it himself; "go to court." so people need to quit b!tching and put your money where your mouth is. Comm2A has been silent. you know what that means? they're probably going to drop the fu(king hammer on this BS soon. so what can you do? donate to them. now. today. they're gonna need it. were defeating ourselves at the onset here.

"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." (rep if you can name movie without googling)

/rant

Zero dark thirty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically, how long do you think this AR ban will last and what is our best bet at getting it overturned?

How long do you think it's going to take for people to smarten up and play hardball politics and economic warfare?

I don't see a lot of hope.

All I see is a bunch of people walking around with signs.

Although I believe there is little hope of it being overturned, I couldn't agree with this more!!!!!

/rant

People aren't willing to do what it's going to take.

What it is going to take is a scorched earth policy - and that means making sure that LEO is dragged into this fight one way or another.

What I mean by that is: They need to get SHUT OFF. When that happens words will be exchanged behind the scenes and shit will happen.

The next thing that needs to happen - is a tourism boycott of Massachusetts. People in this state need to let the entire country and the world for that matter - know that MA may have been the birthplace of liberty at one point - but that is NO LONGER TRUE - and by coming here and spending their vacation money in places like Boston touring the Freedom Trail - all they are doing is DIRECTLY contributing to tyranny.

This strategy rests on people being willing to give something up - which I don't see happening. We can't even get gun owners here in MA to agree that LEO shouldn't be getting any more guns. I hear stupid shit all the time like " well I know I got my guns taken away - but I'm just a civilian! We can't have the Police lost their guns!!!".

With attitudes like that - we're screwed. And I'm having a hard believing this shit is going to change. If my house was in shape to sell - I would be pushing the wife HARD to just get the hell out of here and leave the state to rot.

We will never get it all back. We never do.

They take away a bunch of rights and then give back 60% of what they took and call it compromise. That's how gun rights compromise in Massachusetts is done. That's why I supported Humasons bill over The Tardiff bill that GOAL was recommending.

I will continue to fight for my rights. I continue to call, email, and write letters. To date the only response I have gotten is the canned response from Bakers office.

JMO,

Bob

Never, there is no "AR ban", just fear mongering by a narcissistic egomaniac AG. The law hasn't changed and no where in the written law are ARs banned. Due to the clear and undeniable bias against gun owners by the state and district courts, people will be scared to stand up to her, regardless of how assignee her decree is.

The AGs MO has always been to rule by fear, if she can maintain fear, she doesn't need the law on her side, as in the end, legal gun owners are that, law abiding citizens, who try to obey the law even in the face of grave injustice.

The AG will do what she needs to maintain that fear, no more, no less, and in this state, under the current climate, it will probably work.

Gun manufacturers should stop selling to cops in states like MA. Like what Barrett did in Kalifornia.

That would bring them quickly onto our side!
I 100% support all the companies that practice this policy, unfortunately it doesn't mean much when companies like S&W, Colt, Ruger etc. aren't on board.

Man I hate to see so many people saying it doesn't look good. There's no "secret plan" up the sleeve of Goal or 2a's sleeve that can possibly overturn this issue swiftly?

I'm doing everything I can to spread the word of what has happened.

Man I hate to see so many people saying it doesn't look good. There's no "secret plan" up the sleeve of Goal or 2a's sleeve that can possibly overturn this issue swiftly?

I'm doing everything I can to spread the word of what has happened.

If people were talking about it would it be a secret? [rofl]

Best thing to do is convince other gun owners (and soon to be gun owners) to call their legislator and bring up the issue(s) that lie within.

-Mike

Thomas Jefferson gave us the answer to this.

[FONT=&amp]"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."[/FONT]

The problem is no one will stand up to water the tree.

EDIT: The above was a direct quote from a historical figure and the conjecture of the poster of today's laziness. This post does not condone or confirm the actions/wants of the poster.

Last edited:
My gut feeling? Never.

We are up against public opinion in Massachusetts that is probably 90% in favor of Healey's action. These people do not care about Healey's egregious violation of the Constitution or lack of due process.

My feeling is if Trump is elected, two to four years of litigation to right this wrong.

If Clinton is elected, as you say, never.

I was already thinking about moving to a free state and Healey has pushed up my timetable. Where I live the process of population replacement with Chinese, Indians and miscellaneous new Americans is already half complete. I want to end my life in one of the remaining pockets of the former USA.

Thomas Jefferson gave us the answer to this.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

The problem is no one will stand up to water the tree.

Nah it isn't that. Its:

You'd be shooting cops, you know, your neighbor and buddy, who didn't make this the way it is. Chief's maybe but not the dudes who actually have their lives on the line.
Without control of the Narrative the Globe and NYT would label you domestic terrorists, and frankly I'd be shocked if this comment isn't already flagged in some NSA data file.
Huffing Posts is already pushing the "NRA = ISIS" narrative...

Let's face it, outside of calls for violent confiscation, .gov would have to clearly draw first blood in such a catastrophic way that the press couldn't spin it...

I believe there is a very good number of people that would stand in front of people's door before they got kicked in, including a fair number of LEO and former and current Military. But until you start seeing that happen, which it won't in just one state, this is a soap and ballot box fight. Anything offensive you do with the other box is going to go down in "history" as another example of why they "ban guns like this" and "terrorist".

Someone else mentioned all this in another thread, I'm not the only one who gets it.

I wonder if GOA, GOAL and the NRA would fund a nationwide "boycott Mass." Campaign ? Full page add in all gun magazines. Hit these bastards where it hurts and sent copies of the adds to every legislator and every chamber of commerce in every town.

Back
Top Bottom