• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When did the ATF start enforcing jaywalking?

100% chance I would have told them to get the f*** off my lawn and would have called the police on them.
I would have then instructed my children not to say a f***ing word without a lawyer present and really let the shit fly, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a while.

alleged Excerpt from police report:

On February 15th, 2023 I was operating as a member of the Lorain Patrol Impact Team targeting high crime areas throughout the City of Lorain, Ohio. I was driving an unmarked Ford Taurus equipped with emergency lights and sirens. I was also dressed in plain clothes with “Police” identifiers displayed on the exterior of my vest, making myself readily identifiable as a Police Officer. It should be known that ATF Special Agent Fabrizio was also in my patrol vehicle at this time. On this date at approximately 1539 hours, we were patrolling the intersection of W. 27th Street and Reid Avenue. It should be noted that on 7/26/2022 a shooting had occurred between a group of juveniles in the area of 126 W. 27th Street and the surrounding area is a known hot spot for shots fired incidents and weapons violation complaints. While patrolling this intersection, S.A. Fabrizio and I observed three males who appeared to be juveniles with there hands in both hooded sweatshirt pockets and their waistbands while looking around their immediate area. Through my prior training and experience, this type of behavior is an indicator that the person may be both armed and checking their surroundings.
S.A. Fabrizio and went around the block to the intersection of W. 27th Street and Broadway Avenue and observed the males illegally cross the road not in a posted cross walk and began approaching the residence of 126 W. 27th Street. Due to this observed traffic violation, I approached the above listed residence and activated my emergency lights and sirens in an attempt to initiate a traffic stop for this violation on the three individuals while they were approaching the house in the front yard. S.A. Fabrizio exited the passenger side and advised the males to stop and to come back to our patrol vehicle. The males acknowledged our presence by looking back at our patrol vehicle and quickly made their way up the front steps to the residence and entered and refused to exit. A female (later identified as Mary Hildreth) came to the front door and began yelling at both S.A. Fabrizio and I as well as asking what we were doing and what the problem was.

from Red-itz; It was Lorain, OH. They charged her with obstruction, she has filed a complaint and is considering a lawsuit
Wouldn't even consider, I'd file the lawsuit and not take the carrot on the stick of "lets everyone drop our charges and pretend this didn't happen".

No way, hammer it home and make sure this doesn't happen again next week to some other poor parent.

I didn’t see the individuals look back at the officer or change their stride when approaching the house. Video will be useful to the mother and teens, when will cops realize there are cameras everywhere and not just for their benefit

I didn’t see the individuals look back at the officer or change their stride when approaching the house. Video will be useful to the mother and teens, when will cops realize there are cameras everywhere and not just for their benefit

Irrelevant whether they acknowledged them or not. If they did, they absolutely did the right thing by avoiding those criminals.

All cameras are bad for police.

Look at the Tyre Nichols incident. Those idiots forgot they were on camera when they were beating his ass bloody. In the last five minuets of the video one of the officers says “f*** remember the body camera”

They wanted to conduct warrantless searches for anything that could possibly be afoul of the law, and if they found nothing, they would say that technically the half drank pepsi bottle could be a bong and because there was $1.76 in his pocket there was intent to purchase and arrest and file 18 totally BS felony charges knowing the average middle-classer is completely helpless and screwed.

I grew up about 20 minutes from this area. Lorain has the largest Latino population in the state of Ohio.

The extreme irony is a that I applied to be a police officer there before I got out of the military.

I got hired in the semiconductor industry and never followed up on a police career.

That being said, police in that area have a long history of exceeding their authority when it comes to policing. Not surprised that this sort of thing would happen there.

This is the definition of all cops are bad. 6, mother fecking cops on scene and they all let this happen. The report is wrought with lies, and they all remain silent, and the mother is charged and has to defend herself. All it takes is one of them to say “hey, this seems dumb and wrong” however, Inaction might as well be condoning the behavior. They all perpetuate the “thin blue line” BS and continue their awful behavior. There are definitely good cops out there, but their inability to hold their underperforming (read, lying, thieving, assaulting, murderous, etc.) coworkers accountable, inherently makes them all bad. It’s unfortunate and regrettable, but I fear it’s the truth.

Edit- it escalated to 12 officers, not 6, and the two girls jaywalking between all the cruisers and dumb cops is the icing on the cake. Hilarious.

Last edited:
They wanted to conduct warrantless searches for anything that could possibly be afoul of the law, and if they found nothing, they would say that technically the half drank pepsi bottle could be a bong and because there was $1.76 in his pocket there was intent to purchase and arrest and file 18 totally BS felony charges knowing the average middle-classer is completely helpless and screwed.
I seem to remember years ago, I read about a book that was handed out to cops where the title was basically "How to Turn Any Traffic Stop Into a Felony". True or not, I would not be surprised if there was something like that out there. After seeing this debacle of "jaywalking", It wouldn't surprise me in the least

Assuming the reason given in the report is the truth (investigating a shooting that just recently happened) I get why they wanted to talk to the kids. And I get why they didn't want to say the actual reason. But little more respect and a little more candor would have gotten them 100x's further than whatever that display of chest thumping and empty threats are. Hope the woman gets paid.

At least it wasn't IRS agents. The dog would have been dead and a short bus load of pencil pushers would likely begin auditing asap.

Back
Top Bottom