When did "Keep your finger off the Bang Switch" become a thing?

According to Hollywood movies all guns make a clacking noise every time you point it. Also, according to the movies you're supposed to always have your finger on the trigger and you're supposed to point your gun straight up while holding the gun up next to your face.
View attachment 768839
By Jove, you solved it!

Note: Gibson has his finger off the trigger, while Glover is ready to fire. When we investigate the posters for the first two films, Gibson is seen putting his booger picker in the trigger guard. Based on this time capsule, it would appear the transition on screen started between 1989 and 1992.

i guess you know better of what is true and what`s not, why don`t you do the talking instead?
What makes you say that?

I simply and politely asked for you to expand on something that you posted, but you seem unwilling to provide any meaningful information.

I did Basic in 1994, and my drill sergeants at that time were KEENLY interested in us keeping our fingers outside the trigger guard.

Loudly interested. Profanely interested. Even today, when I pick up a firearm, I still hear Drill Sergeant Lapasnick threatening to rip my head off if I put my finger on the trigger. So it was already very much "a thing" at Ft Sill in the early '90s.

1970 Army Basic Training emphasized finger off the trigger. If you were caught with your finger on the trigger and not on the firing line and shooting you would be punished. So it was a thing then during my Basic.
Same in basic 1975..... but the lingo slang of "bang switch" was unheard of. It was "trigger" in plain English.

Trainees are confused enough without deliberately adding stupid sayings into a critical situation.

Back
Top Bottom