• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When Coyotes Attack - 2018

Anyone else think that story sounds a little odd? If legit, kudos to that guy, but the account of what happened seems odd to me.

Yeah I agree I have a hard time believing a coyote jumped on a grown man’s back. They might try to carry away a baby or a small child but to attack a grown man seems a little fishy

Yeah I agree I have a hard time believing a coyote jumped on a grown man’s back. They might try to carry away a baby or a small child but to attack a grown man seems a little fishy

And I am struggling to figure out how the coyote managed to cling to the guys back like a cat. Also, I think any normal persons reaction would be to jump back into the house after pulling the coyote off your back, not pin it down and keep stabbing it with your knife...

“I wasn’t going down. It was me, my knife and the coyote.”

badass!

CRIMINAL!

y7k0bdwkzrq01.jpg

Looks to be at least a 3 1/2" blade he supposedly stabbed the animal with....if he stabbed it ten times it couldn't have gotten very far. My guess is he stabbed himself in the forehead and sliced his cheek. lol

I saw on the news he said he only heard the animal make a noise after one of the stabbing attempts. My guess is he attempted to stab it ten times but was only able to successfully stab it once.

“I always carry a knife when I go out back because you never know, and I stabbed it. I stabbed it about ten times and it ran off.

"The animals can carry rabies. Mr. Hutchins said he didn’t suffer any bites that broke the skin, and because the animal ran off, it couldn’t be killed and tested."

is it embellished ? Probably a bit, but coyotes over the past 8 years have become a bit more aggressive or less afraid of Man. I have seen it first hand in the woods of maine where these bastards roam and over the years they have come closer and closer each time. Of course a little bear spray goes a long way but for hunting them, while it is not easy, it has gotten easier because they are more flagrant in presenting themselves

From what I read he came out of cellar bulkhead and yote was above him on higher ground when he pounced on his back from above. Had his hood up, maybe he looked some prey.....or maybe it's BS....

Last edited:
There was a thread on Facebook, I know, I know, the other day about a Coyote sighting in my City. One guy said he had a close encounter with a Coyote whos head came up to his chest. Either this guy is very short or he is embellishing a bit.

yes.

Saw it on the news and my BS meter was spiking.

If true then the coyotes are getting really brazen and we should all shelter in place.

Yup BS meter way up! This guy has a history lol. By the way most coyotes weigh 46 pounds. This one was on steroids big time.

Rowdy Rutland Piper Who Fights 80 Pound Coyotes Also Has A $8K GoFundMe Because He Got Scammed Out Of A Backhoe, His Wife Was In An Accident, His Best Friend Was Killed In Vegas Shooting, And He Saved An Old Dude’s Life

Link "Rowdy Rutland Piper Who Fights 80 Pound Coyotes Also Has A $8K GoFundMe Because He Got Scammed Out Of A Backhoe, His Wife Was In An Accident, His Best Friend Was Killed In Vegas Shooting, And He Saved An Old Dude’s Life"

Quoted from Turtleboy. Damn, Turtleboy gets his shi* right and tight!

So just to review:

• He fought a 80 pound coyote using his Keefe Tech wrestling moves, stabbed it ten times, didn’t get a drop of blood on him, and called the Turtlegram and Gazette up to tell them.
    • A guy on Craig’s List scammed him out of $8,000 for a backhoe he was planning to buy off of him for his carpentry “business”
    • His wife was in a bad car accident with an unnamed driver that was not her fault, yet she’s the one stuck with crazy medical bills because no one had insurance
    • His 85 year old mother needs help, because she’s had three rounds of cancer and a heart attack and he is the sole provider
    • He recently saved an elderly man’s life by bringing him back from the dead after seeing him lying unconscious on the side of the road
    • His best friend’s brother was killed in the Las Vegas shooting and he wants to help his two surviving children and wife
    • Some a**h*** hacked his checking account of $25,000
And the Turtlegram and Gazette fell for his story. But please, tell me more about how Turtleboy is fake news.

I don't know. Flinging a coyote over your head seems reasonable. I've had numerous operators tell me that shooting a dog that is threatening or attacking is a chickensh!t move, because you should just be able to pick up the dog and toss it away. I've had this conversation quite a bit, but strangely no one wants to try and baptize my 8 pound cat.

I once watched as a (actual) junkyard dog leapt at a friend, fully intent on biting him in the face/throat.
Without a second thought, my buddy sidestepped the dog and punched him hard in the side of his head.
The dog realized the error of his ways and left the area.
My buddy was well known as a barroom brawler, I don't think I could have reacted as quickly.

I haven’t been able to find anything on what if you have a coyote that comes after your Dog or Cat in your yard, can you shoot it with a bow? I’ve got an agressive one in my area and twice it’s come right up to my deck. I know shooting a firearm would land me in jail and wondering about a bow.

I haven’t been able to find anything on what if you have a coyote that comes after your Dog or Cat in your yard, can you shoot it with a bow? I’ve got an agressive one in my area and twice it’s come right up to my deck. I know shooting a firearm would land me in jail and wondering about a bow.
That's what suppressors are for. Just sayin------Jack.

Tie a pork chop to the liberal neighbor's kid and yell "Here Wiley!"

When liberal neighbor asks you to use your gun, tell them you're trying to be loving and nonviolent, and it's hilarious.

I once watched as a (actual) junkyard dog leapt at a friend, fully intent on biting him in the face/throat.
Without a second thought, my buddy sidestepped the dog and punched him hard in the side of his head.
The dog realized the error of his ways and left the area.
My buddy was well known as a barroom brawler, I don't think I could have reacted as quickly.
Right turn, Clyde!

Coyote Attacks Kill 2 Dogs In Newton, Sudbury

SUDBURY (CBS) – A Newton family is heartbroken after they say a coyote attacked and killed their dog just steps from their home.

According to owner Mike Kraine, the 10-year-old Cavalier Spaniel was no more than 20 feet away from him when an animal snatched his dog and dragged her away.

“Coyote came up and grabbed her and ran around the fence and I went after her,” said Kraine.

He was able to scare the coyote away but it was too late for his dog.

“I never ever, ever, ever thought it would happen to us. We would almost joke about it, it’s like ‘oh, you know, the coyotes are going to get us.’ Actually, yeah, that actually happened. It’s a bit of a shock,” Kraine said.

Back
Top Bottom