• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When can you pull out your firearm?

I think we all know the answer to the OP's question. And even though I live in Mass, honestly, I would apply the same criteria no matter where I lived.
I am not pointing a gun at someone unless I think that someone is going to die if I don't, and that someone has to be me or an immediate family member. Not an Aunt, Uncle, cousin and especially not an in-law.

But for shits and giggles, here are some reasons that I sometimes WISH I could pull a gun for....

. Drive through errors. Seriously, you charged me for the piece of cheese, it is on the receipt, but you didn't put it on my sammich. It's right there on the screen, but you wrapped it up and threw it in the bag anyway.
. Driving 64 mph in the fast lane. I so wish I could mount a mini gun on the front of the truck. I see this most often on 495 and the car usually has RI plates. Drivers should be allowed to open fire after the second flash of high beams, if the right blinker doesn't come on.
. Bad parking - the lines are there for a reason. I would feel so much better if, after squeezing into my truck, I could roll down the window and dump a mag through their window, concentrating fire at their dashboard.
. Oblivious people shopping. If you block the whole aisle, are on your cell, and people are piling up behind you, others should be allowed to pistol whip you at least.
. Selfish people in line, specifically scratch ticket buyers. You have been standing there for 5 minutes, but you wait until you get to the counter to decide what you want? a**h***. You gotta go.
. Degenerate gamblers (see above). You are driving a POS and wearing clothes from the Salvation Army, smoking generic cigarettes, but are spending 100 bucks on scratch tickets, twice a day. And you sit in your car and scratch them, making two or three trips back in.
. People that stop traffic to talk to other motorists, detail cops, or pedestrians. Everyone has a cell phone. How about you call them to catch up?
. Parents that lose it on their kids at sporting event etc. Big deal, the kid dropped a pass, struck out or let a goal through. The kid would likely be better off in foster care.
. Anyone that has received more than 5 doses of Narcan.

There are more , but that's a start.

Yup, five months of hell. Wow, 10 years ago already.

By Edward Mason |
PUBLISHED: April 1, 2010 at 12:00 am

A heroic off-duty special police officer who saved a psychiatrist from her rampaging, knife-wielding patient said he is “relieved” he will not face charges in the man’s death, Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
The key here is the Dan Conley factor. For a DA he was a fairly reasonable guy. Our "new" DA (Rachel Rollins) is definitely NOT. My suspicion is she would have tried everything possible to get Mr. Langone jacked up on murder charges.

Back
Top Bottom