What's your "web crawling" protocall

Every time I sit down at a computer to "go online", unless looking something up at work, I noticed I always look at the same sites, in prety much the same order.
For me:
gmail.com
turnto10.com
cnn.com
msnbc.com
sigforum.com
glocktalk.com
neshooters.com
rrforum.com
(A leo site, will not disclose)
ESPN Fantasy Football

What about you guys? is it just randomness?

No, I've got a routine, too.

First I check my aol e-mail, then I check the current news that aol has posted all over the main screen, then I pop over to NEShooters, then I usually wind up looking at the used page on fsguns.

Then I do some googling or look stuff up on wikipedia or play silly games on pogo.com.

Pretty much the same stuff.

oh, and I might add I'm registered on glocktalk, too.

I haven't checked that site out for a few months. One- the board is just TOO big. If this place ever gets that huge I'll probably go looking for a more intimate board.
Two- I hate the way you get an e-mail every 2 seconds letting you know that somebody else posted something after you did.

The only places i look is "carry issues" and "cop talk", as im far more interested in the LEO talk, and concealing methods, than glocks themselves. Theres just more people on there than sigforum, and packing.org is just obnoxious.

I do go to fsguns.com a few times a week, as well as sigarms, and other's. But not always. these are just my "Always" every day, a few times a day

NE Shooters is always first.
AR15 but don't spend much time there.
Spec.Ops board I lurk there and not post much
Read the mil.blogs
then depends on what I am doing the rest of the day.

My sights as followed;

my.yahoo.com (my home page personalised the way I like it. Stocks, News, Sports)
northeastshooters.com
milforddailynews.com (for local police logs)
auction sights
waaf.com

SiameseRat said:
oh, and I might add I'm registered on glocktalk, too.

I haven't checked that site out for a few months. One- the board is just TOO big. If this place ever gets that huge I'll probably go looking for a more intimate board.
Two- I hate the way you get an e-mail every 2 seconds letting you know that somebody else posted something after you did.

SR, go into you profile on Glocktalk and reset it so that you do NOT get an Email for every reply to a topic you posted in. Most/all forums offer this setting but it can be buried in the User Profile/CP/etc.

I do have a routine.

- Email is always #1!
- NES is the first forum that I check and I do it far too many times/day! Responsibility as a Mod drives me here many times a day.
- MassCops
- CombatCarry
- AumHa forums (MS support where I spend time helping others)
- AR15.com (usually 1-2x/day only the Hometown, Women's forum, Tactics & Training, LE, Legal and Team)
- A few that I check occasionally, including one that I was "appointed" as Mod without being asked/told (luckily it only gets 1-2 msgs/week).
- SprintUsers which I try to check every few days.
- Some Microsoft newsgroups - Beta (I test software for MS), private (MVP, reseller, etc.), and public (providing support - rarely these days).

I am signed up on a large number of forums that I only go to when I have a question/problem that I need to research.

derek said:
Moderator said:
Did I ever tell you I am part french?

And I thought we could be friends. [wink]

We can, here's the deal. I gety myself in tons of trouble, you bail me out, Then I give ya the big ol FU when you need me. It's in the blood.

JK everyone I denounced my relations to France long ago.

I'll throw my hat into this ring...

My homepage is CNN, I like to see the headlines first thing.

TheFiringLine (firearm forum)

FARK (hilarious site that has news, off the wall news, and randomness all with headlines made up by the people that frequent the site, check it out)

NEShooters.

Hotmail

Random searching

Yahoo news (home page)
email (verizon, gmail, yahoo)
NES
userfriendly.org
daybydaycartoon.com
dilbert.com (but only with IE; Netscrape 8.0.3.3 keeps getting crashed by that page)
mASSbACKWARDS blog
sometimes boston.com.
and weekly I hit Monster.com, hotjobs, telecomcareers.net, etc.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom