• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your Walker/Zombie Handgun?

As a fan of the show and a Python owner myself I asked the "interwebs" how Rick Grimes was written with a Colt Python when his department issue was a Glock. I didn't get a true answer to that question but this is a good article on the Python for a Zombie Gun. http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/colt-python/

So, my question to this community, as I know you all have good stuff... If you had to go into the safe and pick one gun (handgun's for this discussion) for Walker defense which would it be?

Personally, I would go smaller frame 38/357 with a 4 inch barrel. Yes, capacity is lower than that of a hi-cap 9/40 but, I've seen how many magazines get lost at the indoor range, it's a fair assumption that they will also be lost in the woods.

A Smith & Wesson will hold up better to long term use and abuse IMO vs. the butter slick action of the Colt.

I'd pick the Model 19/66 S&W
This thread needs pictures!

IMG_0448.jpg

Ruger Mk3. Zombie brings don't care about caliber and I can shoot the Mk3 quickly and accurately.

Sr22 but I might just buy a Katana. Michonne seems to do better with it than anyone else.

Or a crossbow that never seems to run out of bows.

Bolts?

Id have to go with my Sig Sauer Mosquito threaded with GemTech suppressor. Although only 10+1 capacity, it is quiet, light weight, and you can carry a ton of ammo*.

*the key

For a "hoard," id have to go with my Sig TACOPS...P226 frame with 20rnd mags, night sights, and an SRT...

Ruger Mk3. Zombie brings don't care about caliber and I can shoot the Mk3 quickly and accurately.

This. My bull barrel stainless MKIII with Bushnell red dot would be my choice.

Is a .22 going to penetrate a zombie's skull?

If TWD has anything to say about it, yes zombie skulls are softer and mushier it seems.

[laugh] These threads are silly and yet I still post in them.

If 22 will do the job, then yup, same here. My Ruger MK II Government Target.

thing is way more accurate than me plus I've got thousands and thousands of rounds for it

plus I could carry my 15-22 and only need one ammo type.

If 22 will do the job, then yup, same here. My Ruger MK II Government Target.

thing is way more accurate than me plus I've got thousands and thousands of rounds for it

plus I could carry my 15-22 and only need one ammo type.

don't they have humongous magazines for the 15-22 also, you know, in better states than ours?

I'm still skeptical a .22 is going to be good for zombie head shots.

My zombie apocalypse plan is to steal a deuce and a half and stand in the back with a 10/22 lazily picking off the undead as they flail about and headbutt the tailgate.

If 22lr will take care of business then a s and w 617 revolver. 10 shot capacity.......tough as nails gun......simple for other "survivors" to put into action. If 22lr does not have enough mustard on it.......s and w 686 plus.......7 rounds....can use two types of ammo plus the same simplicity as the 617. This is assuming walking dead type zombies

Now......if we are talking rage zombies like I am legand or wwz.........im packing an fn five seven bitches!!!!!

Last edited:
Jeez if there is a 22 shortage now what do you think it will be like during the apocalypse! Sorry as cliché as it is I am going with a pair of 1911's...may even get pearl grips for them....... I only need enough ammo to fight my way to my sailboat then its waterworld for me Zombies can't swim!!!

My XDm 9mm and a metric shit-ton of magazines in case I lose one [wink]

It's the pistol I'm most proficient with both with accuracy and mechanics, not to mention 19 round mags

Back
Top Bottom