• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats Your Opinion

Who was in the wrong here The Person or the State .... this Story baffles me at times

HAVERHILL — Keni Garcia would have become a naturalized U.S. citizen today. But that's now in jeopardy after his arrest yesterday for allegedly purchasing guns and ammunition in New Hampshire illegally.

Garcia, 32, of 10 Westford St., and a native of the Dominican Republic, was being held without bail overnight at the Haverhill police station after being charged with three counts of possession of a high-capacity firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and illegal storage of a firearm.

He was due to be arraigned in Haverhill District Court today, the same day that he was scheduled to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, according to authorities.

"The investigation revealed that Garcia, who had driver's licenses in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire, recently displayed a large sum of cash in an effort to purchase 55,000 rounds of ammunition in New Hampshire," O'Connell said.

"Investigators also discovered that Garcia had recently purchased at least 20,000 rounds of ammunition and three high-capacity pistols in New Hampshire using a phony New Hampshire address to do so," he said.

Garcia is not licensed to possess any type of firearm or ammunition in Massachusetts, according to O'Connell.

Police arrested Garcia after monitoring his movements. They followed him from New Hampshire, where he bought 10,000, .38-caliber rounds of ammunition, and stopped his car in Haverhill, where they seized the ammunition while his two small daughters sat in the car, investigators said.

The children are in the custody of their biological mother.

Garcia's live-in girlfriend told police that Garcia had pistols and more ammunition at their home. She gave investigators both verbal and written permission for investigators to search the residence. Investigators seized thousands more bullets in the kitchen, three unsecured, high-capacity pistols in the upstairs bedroom, and $25,000 in cash.

For reference purposes this happened back in May of 2009 not recently it just affects me locally and there has been great discussion about it

Last edited:
I have heard gun owners saying he had every right ... and that the State and Govt were wrong for arresting him

Well having possession of the handguns without a MA LTC is a no-no.

Being a MA resident and purchasing guns in NH with a NH license and then driving them back to MA is a no-no.

I may not agree with the law but it seems clear he broke a few.

Something tells me this guy wasn't buyin that ammount of ammo for personal use. Anyhow he didn't go through the process that most of us here have gone through so BOHIC and get ready for Nasty Nate in the slammer. Does run registration and regulation suck? Um yeah. It's an evil we have to go through just like paying taxes, insurance, and the like. If we try to get around it someone will find you sooner or later and you'll pay someway else or another. Do I feel bad for him? absolutely not ESPECIALLY if he was trafficking.

Something tells me this guy wasn't buyin that ammount of ammo for personal use.

There are shooters on this forum that go through more than 30k rounds per year.

If the article is correct and he really was buying "bullets" then maybe he reloads and is into some sort of high volume shooting.

Regardless he broke some laws. I don't agree with the laws but it seems like he may have broken some.

The person in question should have waited until he could legally obtain a firearm. He broke the law and got caught, end of story. There are many people that patiently wait(except one in swampscott) for their LTC when they could just go buy one illegally like the criminals do.

There are shooters on this forum that go through more than 30k rounds per year.

If the article is correct and he really was buying "bullets" then maybe he reloads and is into some sort of high volume shooting.

Regardless he broke some laws. I don't agree with the laws but it seems like he may have broken some.

Under the kicker to this is ... His lawyer claimed he was under his 60 Day Grace period for applying for a MASS LTC yet His neighbors who had been living across the street from him for 2 months said they never saw any guns or ammunition

So How is it that he had neighbors who noticed him for 2 months(60 Days) but yet he hadnt gotten his LTC??? nor was there an application on file???

Under the kicker to this is ... His lawyer claimed he was under his 60 Day Grace period for applying for a MASS LTC yet His neighbors who had been living across the street from him for 2 months said they never saw any guns or ammunition

So How is it that he had neighbors who noticed him for 2 months(60 Days) but yet he hadnt gotten his LTC??? nor was there an application on file???

IF - again, IF - there was a pending application, it would cover guns lawfully owned when he moved into the state. Guns purchased in a different state using false information don't qualify.

Two obvious questions:

1. How does an event from seven months ago "affect" the OP in any way; and

2. Is the subject of all this interest even in this country legally?

He clearly broke numerous laws. If you don't like the laws, the civil thing to do is fight them legally, like a gentleman. Don't break them just because; that makes you a criminal.

For my money, it's perfectly reasonable to break a law you feel is unjust, so long as
1)You do not attempt to hide or deny the fact that you broke the law,
and
2)When confronted by the legal system, you base your defense on the premise that the law is unjust.

That would be civil disobedience, at least according to the definition I learned, and I would certainly agree that the laws he broke are unjust.

Since his claim appears to be that he did not break the law, rather than that the law is unjust, however, it doesn't seem like his goal was civil disobedience.

Is the subject of all this interest even in this country legally?

They said: “He was due to be arraigned in Haverhill District Court today, the same day that he was scheduled to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, according to authorities” So, obviously he was and he is legal in this country, but he can say bye bye to his citizenship probably for ever or with a good attorney at least for 5 to 7 years if lucky.

Ish.

From the Eagle Tribune a few months back. He was no sportsman!

The prosecutor said all of the bullets seized from Garcia were for .38-caliber, 9 mm and .22-caliber firearms. Such ammunition is "like gold in the Dominican Republic," he said.

Holland said Reynoso told police he had "a shipping type of business" and that the $25,000 in cash must have come from Garcia cashing a business check.

I have heard gun owners saying he had every right ... and that the State and Govt were wrong for arresting him

Setting aside arguments about whether the state or federal government has any right to infringe on the people's right to bear arms, what this man did was without question against MA state law, and likely against federal law (depending upon whether his NH address was legitimate or not). Case closed.

Seems to me he has a habit of breaking the laws. He "would have become a naturalized U.S. citizen. . . . " Does that mean he came here illegally?

Illegal is illegal. If we don't like the laws we have to work to change them. Believe me, I'm doing that every day.

As for this clown, he makes us all look bad. To hell with him.

Seems to me he has a habit of breaking the laws. He "would have become a naturalized U.S. citizen. . . . " Does that mean he came here illegally? Illegal is illegal.

We are confusing the main argue with an immigration matter, two things complete different. It is no doubt that he broke the law and he will pay for it, but it is very clear that he was legal in the country. In order to be able to become a citizen, first you need to be a Permanent Resident for 3 years if marry to an American, or 5 years if you became resident on your own.

Ish.

And his "shipping business" may interest BATFE, HSA and the State Department, which takes a great interest in the shipping of weapons and munitions overseas.

To the point where it requires a special license.

And his "shipping business" may interest BATFE, HSA and the State Department, which takes a great interest in the shipping of weapons and munitions overseas.

To the point where it requires a special license.

He was shipping ammo inside other items that he shipped to the DR, not legally.( I'm just assuming here I don’t know it for sure but I’m not surprise if it was done that way.)

Want to be one of us, follow our laws like we do. Don't like our laws, change them by legal means like we do.

Deport, with great haste.

You've probably also heard people say that the Earth is flat and they were abducted (and then returned) by Martians.

Back
Top Bottom