Whats your Holy Grail?

Brand spankin new Barrett m107a1 with 5k rounds of match grade .50 BMG. Brings a tear to my eye [smile]

107A1.png

The matching K98k will happen someday. A more correct "pipe-dream" post would be the 1918 WWI Mauser T-Gewehr 13.2mm (.525cal) anti-tank gun.

image6R7.jpg

t-gewehr.jpg

"It was based on an over-grown Mauser action chambered for a 13.2 x 92mm semi-rimmed bottlenecked cartridge. The Tank Abwehr Gewehr, M1918 or T-Gewehr was capable of penetrating around 20mm of armour at 100 metres and 15mm at 300 metres, when striking at 90 degrees. Early tanks were protected by no more than 12mm of armour plate, as such this was a fairly effective weapon despite being cumbersome at 17.3kg and 1.68m long."

This is some pipe.

Actually found one on GB for a mere $8000.
MS

Last edited:
Mine is not too far out of reach...a total safe queen Colt Anaconda...

One of the Lugers chambered in 45ACP for US army trials in 1910... Duh.

More seriously an all original, matching m1897 trench gun.

Last edited:
Repeal of the hughes amendment and a return to affordable select fire weapons.

I thought this was a wish list of stuff that is actually obtainable? [wink]

My personal wishlist grows exponentially every time one of you jerks shows me a new firearm. Topping it though, as always, the Barrett M82, the Remington RSASS, and(as pertains to this thread) a Marlin model 39, or a .303 variant thereof. .303, .308, .30-06... I like 'em all, as long as they're lever action, old, and working. I'd like them more if I actually OWNED ONE.

Mine is my father's 1899 Krag Jørgensen carbine.

Like this:

mm1173.jpg

Not A Krag.

THE Krag.

The very one he carried when he took me hunting when I was a child, but was sold.

I recently went through his personal effects and found the serial number.

The hunt begins...

Last edited:
Well guess mine would be a Glock 17 gen2. Either I don't have the money or im just not insane enough to buy one in this commie state, since going to other states and seeing what they go for new.

Charles.

I thought about it and came up with the Johnson. I will never be able to afford one.... and it is a hole in the collection.

Smith and Wesson Model 520 .357 Magnum (ordered by the New York State Police but the contract was cancelled), A very clean Colt Model 1917, an S&W Model 439 with fixed sights, a three inch Model 686 CS-1 (I have a four inch, three inches are rare) and an Ohio Ordnance BAR.

Now the sore point here, as at one time I could have purchased any of the above at fair market prices but foolishly, I opted to make other choices.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I just heard the WEQX DJ say that according to a survey done by Secret deodorant the average woman will spend about $130,000 on clothing in her lifetime. Suddenly some of the things listed in this thread don't seem so expensive.

Chinese NDM-86...I passed on one 12 years ago at a gun show,NIB (a nice wooden case)brand new just issued credit card kept telling me to buy it every time I walked by

$2100

Still kicking myself in the ass to this day.

Back
Top Bottom