Whats your Holy Grail?

Ok whats your Holy Grail what one are you really looking for or wish you had?

Mine is a Finnish M24 Carbine and a Browing BAR(ohio ordnance works) its quite expensive and way pass my beer/peanut money but its my dream gun.

What do you think you'll pay for that Johnson, JohJ? It's been on my "want" list, too, so I can complete my "20th Century U.S. Battle Rifles" collection, but somehow I just can't cough up the $4,500 (+) to get one!

Let me know if you see one for under a thousand.... [wink]

KK

USMA-82 said:
What do you think you'll pay for that Johnson, JohJ? It's been on my "want" list, too, so I can complete my "20th Century U.S. Battle Rifles" collection, but somehow I just can't cough up the $4,500 (+) to get one!

Let me know if you see one for under a thousand.... [wink]

KK
Well, like you I see what they go for. I doubt that I'll ever get one but If I see that $1000 Johnson, I'll be sure to let you know. AFTER it's in MY hands!!!

A Johnson would be nice.

I'm trying to get one of each cartridge type from post civil war up. I guess I'll have to get a 'phoney' M14 and M16 as I cetainly can't afford a class 3 yet.

So far I have a trapdoor Springfield, a cuppla Krag Springfields, (need an 03) have a 1917, and a Remington 03a3, a Garand, a Winchester carbine and a 'phoney' 1911a1. Would like a rolling block, and an 03 in the next year or so. The others I'll get later.

Then there's the WW2 foreign stuff, I'm working on..............
[wink]

Anybody got a good 03 with finger grooves they'd like to swap for a Krag?

(this probably belongs in the other thread but seems to fit here too.)

About 5 or 6 years ago at a gun show I seen '41 Johnsons going for $1,200 and i thought that was high there was a table full of them and along side there was a table full of G43 and 98k snipers that were $1,000. I remember when the chinese sks's were $59 and they were brand new. The future of collecting looks great if your the seller the prices will never go down. Its time to get what you want and sit tight and enjoy the shoots. There are still some great finds and bargains out there yet but there few and far between now.

USMA-82 said:
I take it from you past posts that you've got several of the U.S. rifles from 1900 to present?
Some, not all yet. SC 1903A3 SA and HRA Garands, Inland Carbine, M14 (M1A) & an AR. if I stay with the US theme, I have a few to go. I passed up on a KRAG (kicking myself in the ass).
Pilgrim has a good US collection going.

I have a krag story for you I was at a gunshow and buying a gun when a guy walked buy selling a krag for $350 i didn't know what the prices were so i passed on it. I later found out they were around $750.

BTW; With all these higher priced guns have you ever thought about the semi auto belt feds? We can buy a 30cal semi auto belt fed cheaper than some of this stuff and it just maybe more fun to shoot too. They are between $1,200 to $1,500. I would like to get a 50cal too someday.

I shot my dealers M14 select-fire a while back and its a hoot to shoot in full auto it was a blast and it had barrel rise but i think if i shot it alot i could control it better. What a sweet gun but the 9K price tag is just silly.

I wish I had these. [lol]

gold-019.jpg

holy grail

pilgrim i read in this topic that you would like a nice Rolling block.
what calliber? i have mint one but it is in 43Spanish mint bore etc:
i just got tired of shooting it and traded off all the brass, mould, &dies
i was going to lug it around a few gun shows when i got back up north
looking to sell,trade,or swap. and im still lusting for a krag!!

Sheriff dudley

Sturmgewehr 44

i would really like a FG42, but ive never seen a full auto one for sale. theres a company thats working on a semi only one, maby they do a few post sample ones.

Ridiculously old thread resurrection...

I would love to have a complete WWI Navy P.04 rig. (The "long-barreled" Luger, adopted by the German Navy in 1904, 4 years before the Army adopted the P.08) To find one in very good to excellent condition (albeit without matching mag, which would be an extremely rare find) would be upwards of $4K... a little rich for my blood, but maybe some day.

MP-38 or 40. It doesn't matter. Ever since I was a little kid I thought these were the coolest guns whenever I saw them in a movie.
mp-38.jpg

Holy thread back from the dead batman!!!! 2006???

A M50 Reising. If I could only get my MG permit [sad2]

The other top of the list item would be a Finnish M/N PEM sniper. But with a 2K+ price tag, I probably would feel guilty shooting it anyway

Last edited:
Want a Tanker Garand. My dad had one that he traded for a Colt 1911 (built in 1917 according to the serial number) and another gun. He told me he always regreted getting rid of it, so since dad is no longer around I plan on finding an original and never get rid of it.

I have two. I need a nice Irwin Pedersen M1 Carbine and a correct International Harvester (IHC) M1 Garand to complete my M1 collections. I could get them quickly if I just overpay, but where is the sport in that.

Back
Top Bottom