• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your go to boot?

Danner or Chippewa for me. I tried Thorogood and some of the styles were not wide enough. A couple of tyles were.
I rotate my boots during the work week or by the task I am doing. I buy a new pair about every year but since I have 3 or 4 pairs in circulation a pair will last several years.
Two things you should spend money on, your boots and your bed. If you are not in one you are in the other.

Last edited:
I have RAT boots from the USMC I still wear. Honestly save a few days a year Merril Moabs are good for anything I need to do.

Mike
Combined with the merril office shoe if you need to class it up and I've not worn boots in years. Plus if you wore boots for years and your knees are sh!t cuz of it. Merrils feel great on your crap knees

Das.

If I'd seen this thread earlier, I'd have posted the joke earlier.
I was looking for a footwear thread to link from the
"protecting my camp from thieves" discussion.

None met my requirements.

But I did learn that a remarkable fraction of NES threads with "boot"
in the title are about someone getting The Boot - not buying a pair.

So I got that going for me.
Which is nice.

I’ve been wearing Harley Davidson (Wolverine) Welton waterproof FXRG performance boots all day every day which you can see here Welton Waterproof FXRG Performance Boots for at least 3 months. I had a toe that wasn’t going flat (hammer toe) and my podiatrist said I needed a boot with a wide toe box and stiff. I had the boots which I only wore for riding so I thought I’d try to wear them all of the time. They are very comfortable, lightweight for what they are, extremely breathable, great soles and completely waterproof (I watched a guy put his feet in a bucket of water for several hours in a video as a test or the boots without any leaks). The leather has held up very well. I don’t have the other boots mentioned here so I can compare them to mine.

Tom

511 tactical 6” high. My job requires lots of walking, kneeling climbing. I’m hard on boots and 2 pairs have last 2 years each. Won’t buy anything else unless I can’t find them any more.

Add. Super comfortable and $135.00

My job requires safety toe. And here in a copper strip mine in AZ it’s effing hot and harsh on boots. So I picked up a pair of KEEN Tucson mids.

Men's Tucson Mid (Steel Toe)

Super awesome. Comfortable like light hiking boots. No issue walking through the regrind slurry. Rinses off easily, and my socks stay clean.

Good ol’ DPSC-supplied boots Uncle Sugar gave me in 1994. Similar-vintage jungles when it’s hot.

They feel like shoes by now.

I've stuck with Carolina boots since the late 80s. I keep 2 different pairs on hand. Logger and engineer boots. Once in a great while I'll get a pair of Chippewa boots but then switch back.

Greg

It's been another two years and the Tim Pros are still holding up well. Love em, wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another pair of these ever do wear out.

I've got a pair of Timberland Pros I wear on the motorcycle. They're super comfortable and the soles seem to just keep holding up. I'm looking for a new pair for woods work; something with a more aggressive tread. My Vasque hiking boots have been good to me, but after working in them every weekend for the last couple years they're getting a little soft.

I’ve got 2 pairs of these, alternate days to allow drying (my feet with wreck my boots if I don’t air dry!) and it also allows me to send them out for a resole about once a year each. After the break in period of a couple weeks they fit like a glove, my wife gets mad because I always try to wear them as opposed to sneakers sandals etc.

Great boots, I’m over 3 years in with them and wear them about 12hours a day 5-6 days a week, I own an insulation company and am still out on crew 75-80% of the time so not pounding use on concrete all day but hard use none the less. Oil them up a couple times a year and relace as needed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again

Attachments

• 9CAAA030-F830-4DB5-AC66-6EF23E0719CC.jpeg
    9CAAA030-F830-4DB5-AC66-6EF23E0719CC.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom