• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your go to boot?

I have Red Wing insulated boots for the winter. Also a pair of Rocky Pac boots for when it's really cold or deep snow. I have Bean day hikers that use when it's not cold out, they are gore-tex. Used to love Rock eliminators as a duty boot, but can't get them in 6" anymore, well I haven't checked in a few years, but they did discontinue them a while back. Have also used bates for duty boots too.

My feet are 13 eeee, which is a tad limiting. Most boots that fit the foot are sloppy in the heel, or vice versa. Go-to boot was the Danner TFX GTX but they changed the last in a recent update and now those dont fit either.

I used to be a chippewa guy, they'd last me about a year each, good quality boots. just got a pair of redwings, and they're great, even better than chippewa! feet feel great in them.

Mucks for play, hunting, playing, riding, whatever they're great.

I've been wearing work boots for over 20 years and have yet to have a pair last more than a year. I've tried every brand out there, I'm not sure how you guys get years out of them.
I need comfort, waterproof, and I buy smooth sole so I don't track mud. I'm using Red Wing Irish Setters non insulated and they are great except on life. I'm on concrete a lot and up and down ladders, I think I walk 5 miles a day it seems.

Yeah I usually can't get a pair of anything to go longer than six months but I have some timberlands I've had for 5 years..... they don't look great but they still fit

Danner super rain forest

- - - Updated - - -

My feet are 13 eeee, which is a tad limiting. Most boots that fit the foot are sloppy in the heel, or vice versa. Go-to boot was the Danner TFX GTX but they changed the last in a recent update and now those dont fit either.

CONTACT DANNER! Their customer service is top notch! I bet they will help you out.

and let me add.....never in my life have i had a pair of boots last me more than a year. NEVER and i have tried almost all brands.
Bates M8 will go a little over but it's not a great New England weather boot (tho i have gone through 5 pairs)
Even the Danner super rain forest finally gave out and treads are nearly gone after a year (almost to the day), but by far are the best boots ive ever owned.

I have a pair of Danner hunting boots that I have beat the crap out of and barely show any wear. I won't buy boots that aren't gore-tex because I don't like changing my footwear worrying about whether I will be going through wetlands or not.

I've been a red wing logger guy for some time now and considering trying a different brand this go around. So for those of you that wear loggers what's the best deal? I.e. Fit, durability and price.

..... and go!
Steel-toe Brahma is my choice. Good for all-around use. Steel toe is an advantage in places where you cannot go armed at all (airports, courthouses, federal buildings, etc.). A kick with a steel toe boot has the same impact as a blackjack.

and let me add.....never in my life have i had a pair of boots last me more than a year. NEVER and i have tried almost all brands.
Bates M8 will go a little over but it's not a great New England weather boot (tho i have gone through 5 pairs)
Even the Danner super rain forest finally gave out and treads are nearly gone after a year (almost to the day), but by far are the best boots ive ever owned.

What is it that gives out on your boots?

Are the Danners re-soleable and/or rebuildable?

Chippewa Arctic 50- had 4 pair over 40 yrs- best boot made!

the super logger heel is a bit much & im 6'2" anyway(but I have a pair)

Last edited:
I can't speak to the rest of the brands as I've only owned one pair of loggers. They're Georgia Boots and the fit is fantastic. I wear them working out back clearing the wooded areas of our land. They're my warmer weather general work boot as well. I had purchased those and a pair of Carolina loggers and wore both around the house. The Carolinas did not fit quite as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak to the rest of the brands as I've only owned one pair of loggers. They're Georgia Boots and the fit is fantastic. I wear them working out back clearing the wooded areas of our land. They're my warmer weather general work boot as well. I had purchased those and a pair of Carolina loggers and wore both around the house. The Carolinas did not fit quite as well.

Both are low end boots, Red Wings and Chippewas will blow them away, I have owned all 4 brands.

FYI. Danger does offer a rebuild service. They will replace the gortex lining, re-sole, repair or replace eyelets and pull hooks as needed etc.

I cant wear loggers anymore. I went away from them for about a year or two, and when I tried to go back to the pair that I had, my feet just wernt having it.

I always wore Chippewa's when I did though. I just threw that pair this past summer, they were 10 years old, and probably only used about 10% of their life expectancy.

Back
Top Bottom