• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats your first gun to buy in 2011?

My first 2011 purchase(s) already happened. It was less than a week into the new year, and on the same day. By accident. [laugh]

S&W .500 8” and a Colt preban carbine.

I like to start each new year with a bang. Nyuck nyuck

Last edited:
I could use an accurate .22 rifle. I'm thinking the Savage MK II with accu-trigger, synthetic stock and heavy barrel. Haven't decided on which scope to go with that. I've had several friends highly recommend Mueller scopes but haven't priced them.

why no Colt?

400 NIB and it works....that's why. My full size RIA has proved to be reliable, accurate and a great gun with well over 1000 rounds thru it.

I'm gonna carry the officers, and beat it like a redheaded stepchild, spending less money feels better. I got it Sat and have 150 rounds thru without a hiccup, feeding HP, my reloads, WWB trying to make it jam. It didn't.... It should do the job fine as a workhorse...which is what I bought it for.......

Last edited:
I'm thinking it is going to be a BG380. I also want a S&W 1911, I saw one with a 3" barrel at four seasons that really felt nice. I have a feeling once I get the BG my wife will want one for herself so the 1911 may have to wait a while.

I could use an accurate .22 rifle. I'm thinking the Savage MK II with accu-trigger, synthetic stock and heavy barrel. Haven't decided on which scope to go with that. I've had several friends highly recommend Mueller scopes but haven't priced them.

Mueller APV is ~$150 shipped, depending on where you go. I have one sitting on my 10/22, I love it.

I have a ruger 10/22T comes with hammer forged barrel, and a nice Target stock. It also comes with a nice trigger but I replaced it with a kidd 3oz pull trigger. Excellent rifle, cheap and puts 5 shots incide a 1inch square at 75 yards.

how about this one?

50giglock5.jpg

This is what I got in 2011. G23 and G26. Polish barrels and internals on both.

Last edited:
This is what I got in 2011. G23 and G26. Polish barrels and internals on both.

I didn't know the Poles made Glock parts [laugh]

I don't remember what I said my first gun of 2011 was going to be, nor do I remember what it actually was [laugh] It was either a bolt-action shotgun or SA XDm

2011 is going to be a big gun year for me if my honeymoon don't tap me...

10/22
Moss 500 or Rem 870
Some sorta beautiful LH .30-06
Ruger MK II or MK III
Bow

hopefully i'll be buying my first gun on 2011.... applying for the LTC soon....

what would i like to get?
A2 style AR, pre-ban if i can get one (want one like the one i carried for 6 years in the army)
handgun-wise... only experience i have is with the beretta M9...

maybe something in a .22 for indoor target shooting.... mariln 60 or .22 upper for the AR....

i'm sure if i asked for advice, 20 people would give me 20 different answers :)

I don't know about buying something but I might be looking to trade for a milled AK of some sort to replace my AES-10B at some point. For some reason I just feel a milled AK calling to me off in the distance.

I am really leaning towards a G21. I worry about the grip though. Anyone have one they would let me shoot in SE MA?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Probably a left-handed bolt action 30-06. Because I don't have one. [banana]

I picked up a Remington 700 LH CDL from a member here the other day,. who saw my earlier post and got in touch. I hope I can get out to the range soon and find out how well it shoots. [laugh]

very nice. Is it a milled AK?

Nah, its just a crappy TDI. Unfortunately all I have the cash for at the moment. I will have to post the pic I have in the show me your AK thread.

I'm happy with it though. Trigger is nice and it "seems" nicer than the WASR's. I need to get ironwood and finish it up to look cool.

Hot. Like the furnuture.

Someday Ill hafta look at getting a parts kit and building one, or converting a saiga. The Bulgy is definitely not my last AK.

Last edited:
I have a lot on my list. I'm thinking BG380 or maybe a Seecamp .32 for pocket carry this summer. The Seecamp may just be too small for my paws; haven't held one yet

Back
Top Bottom