• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your favorite .22 LR rifle? (Non semi auto)

I could shoot my Henry all day and never be unhappy. It's not just the accuracy but the quality as well.
There is a reason I have 20,000 rounds of 22lr lying around my house. The Henry also does a pretty good job of eating 22 shorts. It is a hoot shooting them at 50 yards. Takes like two seconds for them to get there :)

I had to look up the Winchester. Pump action? I would love to see a pic of yours. That looks like a very cool gun.
Yes, pump action, tube magazine and takedown, the receiver resembles the Winchester 92 and 94 shape. It's deep in the safe, but I'll try to get a pic one of these days. Saw another one posted above in this thread. I guess they were popular back in the day.

I have an old tube fed bolt action remington, was my dad's. It's my favorite .22 out of anything, it's got an old 4x leupold on it, has never shifted zero, it's plenty accurate, handles well, and I can pretty well put a bullet anywhere I want with it.

My Marlin 39-A, circa 1955 is my favorite. I also have a Winchester 9422 High Grade that's a beauty.
I have about a dozen more or more 22 rifles and handghns. My least favorite is the 10/22. The most over rated gun ever built. Why people love those pieces of shit is beyond me. Yes I know they can be customized 9 ways from Sunday. But customizing a piece of shit just makes it a custom piece of shit.

CZ452 Silhouette with a Nikon 4.5-14x42 mildot. Great for learning ranging and ballistic drop on a shorter range with known size targets like golf balls and tennis balls. I like the nearly vertical grip, palm swell, and texture of the synthetic stock. On a good day I've knocked a golf ball around on a 100 yard backstop.

Second... CZ452 Ultra Lux, because I can actually hit things using iron sights. :) (as long as the lighting is favorable) The rear ladder sight worked surprisingly well.

With both, of course off the bench works great, but I prefer seated or prone position with a cotton GI sling.

Primarily aguila se, right now. Norma shoots tighter but I am out of it.
I posted group shot in the equipment forum in 4-14x scope - it was done with aguila se. I stocked it up well, so, zeroed on it, know it’s drops and using it now.

CMP still has eley edge 500rd bricks per $133 - a good stuff too.
Have you tried the Wolf Match or Match Extra? Made for them in England by Eley (even has the E head stamp). As accurate as Eley in my Varmint, and a bit (grin) cheaper... It ain't Tenex, but...

Hard to beat Henrys, but the Mini-Mosin does come to mind.

I still want a Remington 513T :(:(

I still don't have a host for my suppressor, been using pistol only. The CZ455 has been discontinued unfortunately.
513s are ok, I like mine and when I could see well and my cut time between brain and finger was better I could get 1moa out of it.
513s are not in any way precision, they where trainers and "service" rifle type of accuracy for the matches they played in. The triggers suck. If your looking for some old 22lr iron thats a full size rifle look into a rem 40x , winchester 52 or any older anchutz

Back
Top Bottom