• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats your EDC weight?

you know if I have a clear picture of your keys I can reproduce them from blanks with a file, right?
Even easier - important the picture in Fusion 360, overlay onto a keyblank model then 3d print.
Can also measure the cuts and make a perfect copy

Even easier - important the picture in Fusion 360, overlay onto a keyblank model then 3d print.
Can also measure the cuts and make a perfect copy

Fusion is easy for you? Where this technique really shines is for mul-t-lock and medeco cores, where I can't easily just make a key with a file and glue-on template.

Well, since I don't drink anymore and when I did I hated beer, hold my sippy cup of Newman's Own Limeade. It's like O'Douls for Tanquary drinkers. The scale reads a little over 12lbs, but I've got two heavy key chains in my truck and I'm still in my socks. If I think of it I'll bring them in later and weigh them. They're work keys so I really only carry them at work. I keep my tape on as it's like a third arm. I hate reaching for it and it's not there. I'd guess the other keys would put me close to 14lbs.

Attachments

• 20230226_122324.jpg
    20230226_122324.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230226_123101.jpg
    20230226_123101.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 47
That's a lot to carry around every day. Between that and the thickness of your wallet, I might budget for some future chiropractic care.
I carried a much thicker wallet in my back pocket close to 40 years. It's been in my shirt or coat top pocket for the last five, but the damage is done, Sciatica.

My poor belt gets a Hell of a workout. Funny thing is, when I go to physical therapy and take all that shit off, I don't even need a belt.

Last edited:
Tactical beer belly does not count in this instance.

View attachment 725625

View attachment 725582

In addition is the phone I used to take the picture.
Thats .653 lb or 10.44 oz.
Add another 6.5 to 7 ounces for the belt and multi tool holder.

Did not include watch.

So 5.5-6.0 lbs of sh!t everyday haning out in pockets and on the belt
What phone weighs 10+ oz?

Well, since I don't drink anymore and when I did I hated beer, hold my sippy cup of Newman's Own Limeade. It's like O'Douls for Tanquary drinkers. The scale reads a little over 12lbs, but I've got two heavy key chains in my truck and I'm still in my socks. If I think of it I'll bring them in later and weigh them. They're work keys so I really only carry them at work. I keep my tape on as it's like a third arm. I hate reaching for it and it's not there. I'd guess the other keys would put me close to 14lbs.

Impressive. Do you really carry 75? rounds of 9mm and 15? .380 every day? 100 rounds? You're still in mass right? What is that, $100 in defensive ammo, $1k in magazines and $1200 for the gun?

I carried a much thicker wallet in my back pocket close to 40 years. It's been in my shirt or coat top pocket for the last five, but the damage is done, Sciatica.

My poor belt gets a Hell of a workout. Funny thing is, when I go to physical therapy and take all that shit off, I don't even need a belt.
With all that you better be a chiropractor.

Impressive. Do you really carry 75? rounds of 9mm and 15? .380 every day? 100 rounds? You're still in mass right? What is that, $100 in defensive ammo, $1k in magazines and $1200 for the gun?
It's .45 ACP, 50 rounds. I used to carry just one double mag pouch on my six but it was uncomfortable. I find that carrying two, one at my five and one at my seven is much more comfortable. It's my dual lumbar support. I carried a .32 ACP Seecamp on my ankle for almost a decade. That .380 was my late daughters carry, now she's my back-up. My Grandson's are still fairly young, 7 & 5, but they know their Auntie had guns. They asked me what happened to them. I told them your Mom wanted them, but I'm holding onto them until you're 21, and then they're yours.

Last edited:
Fusion is easy for you? Where this technique really shines is for mul-t-lock and medeco cores, where I can't easily just make a key with a file and glue-on template.
I play with fusion a lot.
Never filed a key
Easy has a lot to do with what you know

With all that you better be a chiropractor.
I went to a Chiropractor regularly from age 17 to about 30. I found the muscles would pull the bones back out of alignment rather quickly. I've been doing massage therapy weekly for the last 30 years. Sciatica, rotator cuff, wrist, ankle, foot and neck issues. I have minor knee & back issues. I don't think the added weight exacerbates anything in particular. Getting old ain't for sissys, but it beats the alternative.

I went to a Chiropractor regularly from age 17 to about 30. I found the muscles would pull the bones back out of alignment rather quickly. I've been doing massage therapy weekly for the last 30 years. Sciatica, rotator cuff, wrist, ankle, foot and neck issues. I have minor knee & back issues. I don't think the added weight exacerbates anything in particular. Getting old ain't for sissys, but it beats the alternative.
I'm not even talking just the weight. Having all that on you must affect your movement.

I keep a small tool bag in my truck that has the multitool, extra ammo, fixed blade etc. I don’t like carrying a lot of shit on my person.

If I’m going for a hike or taking the kids to a theme park for the day, I wear a fag bag or a small day pack with first aid, snacks, extra mags, etc.

Just going to the store I don’t worry about all the extra stuff.

Over 5 decades of other people's shit. That's my EDC.

Also a G26, Spyderco Endura, wallet, phone and keys.

I'm not even talking just the weight. Having all that on you must affect your movement.
Not really, although when I had surgery on my left thumb last Fall I had to wear a brace for a while, so I was carrying righty. Man, I was banging it on everything for about a week until I got accustom to it. I'm having a second surgery on it this Spring but it should be much easier this time round. It's become a part of me, and almost never effects me, except for last Tuesday. Our primary Boom Truck at work had a worn through Hydraulic hose just above the turret. I had to squeeze between the cab of a Peterbilt and the ladder that goes up to the operators chair. It was about 11" and it was my mag pouches that kept hanging me up. I wound up taking off my belt and everything on it. I stuck my gun in my front pocket and all the rest went on the drivers seat. I felt like a contortionist. The next morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck just trying to get out of bed.

Back
Top Bottom