• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

whats your carry round of choice?

147 gr. Winchester JHP in the S&W M&P9 or 9c.
165 gr. Hydrashoks in the Glock 22. (40)
Figured I'd throw in a new picture I took recently.

3guns.jpg
[/IMG]

Four seasons has them ( it says so on their site) and I saw some 45ACP at coin collectors today. thats what I am going to carry,
I eventually want to do some tests with the Federal HST, SPEER gold dots, and Winchester rangers as my reasearch has pointed to those 3.

nice pic diesel, wich is your favorite? and is that a CT laser grip on that M&P?

Does anyone know anything about the Federal Expanding Full Metal Jacket ammo? Is it just a gimmick? It is this FMJ which supposedly has serrations or something so that the bullet penetrates and then the jacket expands.

Does anyone know anything about the Federal Expanding Full Metal Jacket ammo? Is it just a gimmick? It is this FMJ which supposedly has serrations or something so that the bullet penetrates and then the jacket expands.

It isn't a gimmick, but it has no real advantage over quality JHP. It's an option for those that can't have JHP.

currently Corbon 230gr JHP, just bought 200rds of Federal 230gr HST to try out on my next range trip.

HST stuff is great. Check out the fsguns.com website and under the ammunition tab click on the link for HST report. Pretty impressive performance. I bought the stuff myself, and ran it down the range. Not one hitch, accurate, and not too much flash either.

HST stuff is great. Check out the fsguns.com website and under the ammunition tab click on the link for HST report. Pretty impressive performance. I bought the stuff myself, and ran it down the range. Not one hitch, accurate, and not too much flash either.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, the reviews and performance data were great and the price was a lot less than I had been paying for the corbon: 48c/rd versus $1.05/rd

Hornady T.A.P. or Speer Gold Dot, or my old standby, Federal HydraShok.

I am guess you have shot the hornady TAP... are they worth the difference in $$$$... You are the first person I have found using them...was always curious!!
Q who carrys them..or did you order them?

I have been very happy with it too. It feeds great in my commander,
is accurate, expands to a HUGE size in a .45 (just from dirt samples,
flawed, I know), and is actually priced at a point where I can spend
some practice time with my carry ammo.

Back
Top Bottom