• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your average?

i was going every weekend. now that my daughter is here, i get there maybe every other, or once a month

I want to go at least once a week but right now it is more like 1-2 times a month. I never go on the weekends if I plan on shooting my rifles as it is too packed to try and get a spot at one of the benches, I'll shoot my rifles during the weekday. I try and drag my father with me sometimes because I know he wouldn't get the chance to shoot otherwise and it is good father/son bonding time.

Right now work has been kicking my butt with alot of shifts with few days off, and those few days off I'm usually have other business to take care of, too tired after working long stretches of 12 hours with a 3-4 hour commute, or the weather stucks and being in an outdoor range/sand pit like area when it is raining heavily and cold doesn't make me want to shoot. Hopefully I'll get some more range time until it gets too cold in nov/dec and I'll hibernate in my cellar working on my other money draining hobby of woodworking (turning pens, ice cream scoops, pizza cutter handles at the moment, don't have the room for full pieces of furniture, nor do I really have the skills yet).

Before this month, it was about once every other month. Now that I have joined a club and not renting a lane, it's about 4 times a week... But soon my wallet will be empty and it will slow down. I'll still try to keep it at once a week.

In the past 2 years I've gone from once or twice a week to once every 2-3 months. I miss it, but I'd rather spend the time with my son. He's not even 2, but in a few more years I am really looking forward to taking him for some father son time at the range, plus I'll get to go more.

Back
Top Bottom