• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's wrong with this picture???

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Talk about an Asshat![rofl][rofl][rofl]

Hero.jpg
[/IMG]

Another fake vet ?

I'm no expert on Army decorations but just by sheer numbers...

I don't think you can mix medals and ribbons on a uniform either. [thinking]

He must have read the NEW version of AR670-1! His copy says that the badges go on the right, once you've run out of room on the left! These idiots don't even realize how easily they are spotted by anyone who knows how to "read" a uniform...

More stolen valor indeed...

... and all out of order! He's got both a CIB and a CAB!

[STRIKE]EFMB[/STRIKE]CMB, Jump Wings, and Expert Qualification on 3 different weapon systems!

And he likes the branch insignia so much that he wears two of them! Where's his U.S.?

Last edited:
Yeah, Infantry and Engineer Insignia, and he is wearing a red Artillery rope.

It is possible to be awarded the CIB, CAB and CMB....but you are only allowed to wear one of them.

There is so many things wrong, he couldn't have possibly ever served to be that stupid.

If I caught this douchebag at Office Depot I would take him outside, stomp his ass, and rip everything off that jacket!

The flash on his beret is for the 5th Special Forces Group Vietnam, but I don't see a Vietnam campaign ribbon on his uniform.

The miniature medals are in the wrong order... the DSC should come first, then the Silver Star, then the Bronze Star. I don' know where the Purple Heart comes in after that.

The top ribbon is for the Good Conduct medal (looks like it has a clasp), but it's worn above the Army Commendation medal (row below to the right... green with white stripes).

The cord on his left shoulder is the Belgian Fourragere (a unit decoration awarded during WWII). That one I distinctly remember because it was awarded to the 82nd Airborne long before I was a member, yet because it was a unit award, we were still entitled to wear it.

I love the Good Conduct Medal on the top row and the miniature medals hanging below. You'd have to think the asswipe
would at least find the order of precedence somewhere on the internet. Besides that he's a sorry looking shitforbrains.

Its a personality disorder. Their life missed the boat at some point and they have an intense desire to be noticed and appreciated.

Ive never understood posers. But if they are going to be a poser, why wouldnt they read AR670-1 so they don't look like a complete retard. Maybe google the Class A uniform I dont know, something. Its just insult to injury.

I dont know where to begin....

Is he standing in front of mirror because almost everything is on the wrong side and thats not even close to the accurate display of awards, skill badges and ribbons.

If he was in line next to me at the Office Depot I think we'd have a conversation.

personally i think unit citations should only be worn by those who participated in the actions that resulted in the citation.maybe i'm missing some significance being a civilian,but i see it as you dont get a purple heart issued because your buddy was shot,so why should someone say in current service be allowed to wear a award given to his unit for actions carried out before his parents were born?that being said,it might anger a few but i think you have to earn such things not just pin em on to look like personal credit is due.i see it in the same view as you are not a marine until you complete training.just my .02

The military places great significance on a legacy of honor and duty; every Marine honors the sacrifices and victories at Iwo Jima and Tripoli. The Army airborne divisions celebrate their jumps into France during World War II. Every unit that landed on the beaches at Normandy sacrificed a great deal in order to achieve their toehold in France. The Navy remembers the victory at Midway, and the battles at Coral Sea.

Due to these sacrifices, these great battles were won. The ribbons worn by current members of those units are not just wearing fancy eye candy to impress onlookers. They are honoring a great tradition of valor and sacrifice borne by their forefathers, with the hope that those current members will have the strength to uphold that tradition when needed.

On the Army dress uniform, individual awards are worn on the left side of the coat. These are your ribbons recognizing service, achievements, campaign ribbons, and individual awards for valor (including the Purple Heart) or combat (Combat Infantry Badge, Combat Jump wings, etc.).

The ribbons worn on the right side of the coat are those ribbons honoring the legacy of the unit to which you are assigned. As long as you are assigned to the unit, you wear its ribbons in honor of that unit's legacy. Once you transfer out of that unit, you remove those ribbons, UNLESS you were a member of that unit at the time it was awarded its citation. In that case, you wear that ribbon permanently.

Thank you for your kind inquiry into the way we demonstrate our respect for those who have paved the way for our freedoms.

Thank God he wasn't in dress blues, or I would have to hunt him down and rectify the situation! Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom