• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's with the gun manufacturers???

I'm sure someone else has noticed this, but why are the pictures and descriptions on gun manufacturers websites generally TERRIBLE???? Looking at the pictures in Ticktok's thread about the knifemaker's specialty gun line made me think of this. Those pictures are great, they show off the gun's beauty and craftsmanship. IMO the big manufacturers should have decent images of their products from different angles. Or maybe even one of those 3D viewers, that technology isn't hard to get put into a site, it just involves taking a piece and having it scanned making a file of it's image. Ruger has ok pictures, but always only from one side. Smith and Wesson has terrible pictures of pretty much all of it's guns.... colt's site could probably be called pathetic, sigarms isn't too much better generally. Even freedom arms doesn't really have anything that good. I just don't see why they wouldn't have some decent high resolution images up there. Maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine? I just figure if I was trying to sell those products I'd have some damn nice pictures showing them off! And I'd write several paragraphs at least describing it's construction features and functionality. Guns can be things of beauty as well as function, plus one can see all the features of it better when shown from all angles. What do you guys think?

-Tom

I don't think it's that big of a deal... most people will not buy a gun, especially
not a handgun, without first at least being able to lay hands on it. Even if
the websites took pics like Dr. Lunde does, it's still no substitute for holding
the thing.

-Mike

I agree completely that most buyers would want to handle one in person before buying, I would certainly want to! But I think it's sad that I get a better idea of what the gun looks like and how it functions by looking at sites like gunblast.com (an excellent review site by the way) than by reading the manufacturer's specs. In the computer age a lot more people see things on the web first now, why not make a good impression with a good professional looking website?

Back
Top Bottom