whats with hunter in hunter hate

One of my cameras captured a "moon" from a fellow hunter. Luckily my cameras are cheap, so the resolution was not so good.

Well if he didn't damage or mess with your camera in any way, that's pretty damn funny. Not that I would want to see another dude's ass but at least he's got a sense of humor.

Public land sucks. Simple as that. I dont put any stands or equipment that i care about on public land.

The hunters in new england are generally lazy a**h***s especially the one time a year gun hunters and tend to think their public spot is some private oasis that they have a right to because theyve been hunting it for a long time.

Do your homework and find private land and you wont have many of these issues. Im all for making ma a private land state like ct. That way you wouldnt have lazy slobs walking into unposted property. I always ask permission before i go on somebodys property not because i have to, it because its fxcking common courtesy. But ask the majority of other hunters around here and they dont think that way.

Be glad it is not stolen, as for hunting there I would, People are @$%^holes and no avoiding them. having read a few threads about cameras being stolen I put mine out with the security box and camo it up usually well hidden from view for peace of mind. good luck to you!

This is why I fish..........I would have a complete conipshin fit if I had to deal with that crap!

did the camera get a shot of the douche? maybe mount it higher :::shruggs::: it sucks. 2 kinds of people out there. people who are A**Holes and people who aren't

This is why I fish..........I would have a complete conipshin fit if I had to deal with that crap!

I've run into similar shit at bass tournaments. Generally, it's first one to the spot owns it, but there are always guys who tell you they've been fishing that spot for years, they found it, you need to go find another one. I've even had a guy lift up his shirt and show me a gun (I chose not to show mine).

I have seen some BS while out Pheasant hunting in MA. I witnessed an old timer point his shotgun at another hunter over who shot a bird, that happened when I was 12 and my dad was like if someone ever does that just give them the bird. Life lesson # 213, a game animal is not worth losing a life over.

Wow... Someone was having a really bad day, I started hunting a few years ago and haven't had a problem.... yet :/

It's not always the anti crowd that contributes to the animosity between the two groups though. When growing up my step dad had a lot of land that abbutted Freetown/Fall River State Forrest. Hunters would commonly find themselves on our land - despite no trespassing and no hunting signs posted in plain view. On occasion they would even tear them down. So in response my family started to seek out and find their tree stands and cut down the trees they were in. Was that mean spirited ?? I suppose. But when you have kids playing in the yard and hear shotgun blasts - you tend to not be so kind about things at that point.

well seeing as i started this thread .. i went back out to hunt the same stop where all this took place a few weeks ago .. when i got there i noticed all the tree tacks i put up were gone .. and there was a blue folding chair directly under the tree that i was going to use .. so i climbed the tree .. climbed down at dark left a note in a plastic bag and walked out of the woods to the field , broke the chair into 10 pieces and called the Sudbury valley trustees .. who are most certainly responsible , turns out im not the only one with this problem in that area

Jeeziz there really is no place safe from these thieves and vandals huh? a**h***s.

I don't even want to buy a trail cam if it's just going to get stolen/ smashed. [sad2]

Jeeziz there really is no place safe from these thieves and vandals huh? a**h***s.

I don't even want to buy a trail cam if it's just going to get stolen/ smashed. [sad2]
i just saw at dicks these security cases that you use cables and a lock to keep them safe .. they are 20 bucks .. thinking bout picking up a few and carving F*&k you into them

I had to get hunters out of my property before because they were at my back door. They threatened me, called me names and said they will be back.. they havent been back but i have been waiting..
It does seem they came back and stole a tree stand. But i cant watch my back yard all at one time.
Maybe they will leave you a photo so you can see who it is..
You should have killed them all and fed them to the pigs.

Hunter Harassment

Hunter harassment is against state law. Report violations to the Mass. Environmental Police (800) 632-8075 or to state or local police. Be prepared to provide a description of violators and/or a description and license plate number of the car.

Hunter Harassment

Hunter harassment is against state law. Report violations to the Mass. Environmental Police (800) 632-8075 or to state or local police. Be prepared to provide a description of violators and/or a description and license plate number of the car.

+1 its not worth having a "hunting accident" over a pissing match with some A**HOLE
Iv been hearing of issues in the area that I hunt. Im in the process of getting permission to hunt private land.

+1 - If you are relegated to hunting public land, like alot of us are, you MUST get deeper into the woods, farther away from the parking areas, and farther off the trails. Unfortunately that's the way it is around here. If you're setting up treestands and cameras within sight of a major trail/logging road then you are asking for vandalism, either from antis or other hunters. Sad, yes, but true. Most people will not get off the beaten path either because they're lazy, or afraid of getting lost...

My advice about hunting public land is don't be lazy!!
Most hunters will scout the open woods, find some sign, and set up shop. They wont put their boots through the grindstone. By that I mean do some serious trekking through the nastiest of nastys. You WILL find yourself all alone with no pressure from other hunters.

I have to say after hunting the same spot in Maine with my family I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in a**h***s in the past 3-5 years. I don't know if it's just a matter of open access land being more rare or if people are finding the piece of land we have been hunting. We have had people deliberately trying to drive other hunters off the land, setting up stands in spots that have been hunted by the same hunter for decades, people setting up on both sides of other guys. Yeah it's public land but there is plenty of it for everyone, people don't need to be pulling that crap.

Anyway in summary I'm not surprised at these issues, and I have no problem with new hunters on open land but do people really need to be a**h***s about it?

It's called population growth, fellas.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the population of hunters decreasing? Maine has experienced a decrease in hunting license sales over the past 12ish years, not a huge decrease but still a decrease. That leads me to believe the population of hunters is not increasing but rather changing from respectful decent people to a bunch of a**h***s... but that's just me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the population of hunters decreasing? Maine has experienced a decrease in hunting license sales over the past 12ish years, not a huge decrease but still a decrease. That leads me to believe the population of hunters is not increasing but rather changing from respectful decent people to a bunch of a**h***s... but that's just me.

Hunters aren't the only people living in New England...

bow hunt boys ,90% of the a**h***s can't /dont and wait till shotgun cluster****.

in ma. I fill my tags or not in bow season.

Just had 2 cameras stolen from public property. Scumbags man!!!! Desperately searching for private property permission in sterling starting now.

i hate on and **** with the hunters/poachers/jacklighters who camp on my border, cross over whenever the hell they feel like, and shoot 5-10 rounds at one deer, hell yeah. screw them. this season has been absolutely terrible for me, im fighting a constant war to keep the a**h***s off my 150 acres. no respect.

Back
Top Bottom