What's up with this used LCR 22lr on GB?

I'm looking for my first revolver, and think the Ruger LCR in 22lr would be great. I was looking on GunBroker and found this:

Looks great until you look at the rear inside face of the frame. Picture 8. What is going on here?

Can I get a clue?

pix242949355.jpg

Looks like the star ejector is whacking the back of the frame and getting stuck and cutting into the metal.

Sometimes you see the seat of the round casings hit the back with heavy magnum loads with 38/357/44 but this is different.

I'm guessing the extractor is unscrewed/loose but the shooter kept going.

At least they didn't clean the residue and try to hide the gouges with a black sharpie.

Probably garbage under the extractor, judging by the turd mark below the firing pin.
Extractor cutting into your aluminum frame Little Crappy Pistol? Sell it on Gunstroker and let someone else deal with it!

Thanks folks!

I assume the extractor is steel so that is why it looks fine? If the extractor is put back into place will this work fine?

Thanks folks!

I assume the extractor is steel so that is why it looks fine? If the extractor is put back into place will this work fine?

Run away from this thing man
Enlarging that one picture can show a lot more.
Not worth the hassle, anything local you can at least handle and look at?

.Not that it really matters, but that thing hasn't been cleaned in awhile.

Check out the picks of the cylinder and then the forcing cone. [sad]

ETA: Why is the front sight hovering over the barrel

It's now over $225 shipped so run away :eek:

Why the seller didn't take a flyer and just send it back to Sturm Ruger and see what they'll do - unless they already shot him down.

@Bostonbbop

the LCR 22 and 38 models have an aluminum (not steel) frame. the visible marks are from a steel cylinder smacking into aluminum.

rimfire revolvers have very heavy triggers to ensure ignition. I don’t really bother w double action rimfire revolvers as the triggers get annoying. Be sure to take a look at any DA rimfire revolver before committing to it.

92G knows what's up. I wonder do the .38 LCR recoil shields look like this after a few boxes too? I'm not adverse to Aluminum frames, but I'd definitely want to see this in person before putting money on the table.

Back
Top Bottom