• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats up with cost of lever actions and revolvers....

It isn't related to manufacturing cost like you all suggest. You can see this because your run-of-the-mill 357 Smith was selling for $5-600 on here and wouldn't sell. Now that gun is 8-900 and sells quickly. More for pre-lock and early versions that have collectible value.

It's renewed interest and demand that is driving them way up. Sure rising tide raises all boats too the market is a factor but the market is very strong for them now

Yes and no. When things settle out revolvers will cost more than they did in 2019, ill just leave it at that. Sticky price.

That's because a large bore uncomfortable grip SA revolver isnt exactly a hotly desired item. [rofl]
It is not made for the soft hands of IT folks, I will give you that.

But uncomfortable?

More like ridiculous calibers are not for everyone.

I sold a bunch of revolvers before moving out of Michigan about this time last year. Now I am here and can't a replacement to save my life. I'm glad I only sold my duplicates. But, I am still a mod for the Michigan gun owners forum. Loads of them there at great prices. It's like going to a strip bar. I can only look.

I mean $400 for a 686 sure would be nice about now. Maybe a -2 or -3 . I can dream. If I could find a lever for a good price. I'd snag one.

If the post-Antifa/BLM-riot/loot/burn newb gun owners
were hoovering up all of the wheelguns in the pipeline,
I'd expect the used market to be flooded with them.

Flooded about five minutes after the newbs
finally found some revolver ammo,
finally got to shoot them,
and finally found the gun that they actually wanted to buy in the first place.

Anyone notice the prices of current production Winchester 94's ???
They used to be easy to come by and not all that expensive, but that changed when the Winchester plant in CT shut down and production was moved to Miroku in Japan.
Miroku refused to cut corners to lower the price, in fact, they increased the quality and the Miroku made guns are outstanding, better than anything that came out of CT during their last 20 years of operation. However, it came with a near doubling of the price.
If you want top notch quality, it'll cost you.

Anyone notice the prices of current production Winchester 94's ???
They used to be easy to come by and not all that expensive, but that changed when the Winchester plant in CT shut down and production was moved to Miroku in Japan.
Miroku refused to cut corners to lower the price, in fact, they increased the quality and the Miroku made guns are outstanding, better than anything that came out of CT during their last 20 years of operation. However, it came with a near doubling of the price.
If you want top notch quality, it'll cost you.

I'm certainly loving my new 94 and its new little 92 Trapper Takedown sibling. But yes, they certainly did cost me!

full

Frank

Well look what jolly old nick left under the tree for me and the boys…

View attachment 556385
My kids also told me that revolvers are sexy…

Then my 9 year old told me that the 44 magnum is his favorite caliber, and my 12 year old said he would love a 6 in python in stainless. So maybe it’s all these kids and the walking dead influence.

Back
Top Bottom