What's Up with Angle Tree Gun Club in N. Attleboro???

I've been a member of this club for a few years. They have a great facility with indoor pistol range, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, and trap and skeet ranges.

My issue with them is that the "old guard" members seem to look with disdain on newer members. And the "rules" seem to change at the whim of these guys. For example, the rules stated that members can only fire the caliber at which one has been qualified (or below). And that guests of members can fire at the same caliber as the qualified member. But when I showed up with my 19 yr old sons, another member said my sons could not shoot 9mm unless they were also qualified. I checked the rules when I got home and there is no such rule.

Now I just read the rules that came with my annual renewal notice and guests are not allowed AT ALL IN THE INDOOR RANGE!! WTF?? My kids go to college and might shoot with me once or twice a year. But if I want to shooot with them, over the winter break for example, I can't.

Anyone know what's up with these folks? I am thinking of switching to the Mansfield Gun Club as they are building an indoor range and I hear that the folks there are much friendlier.

Last edited:
Find another place to shoot and tell them why you're no longer a member. The caliber issue alone would have made me never even think about a membership in the first place. Who the F*** wants to shoot with Sarah Brady types?

Sounds like major league fudds are running the place.

-Mike
Yup. I went there when I was looking for a club to join. I was totally turned off by some guy who only wanted to talk about the skeet facility. When I asked about the rifle and pistol ranges, I was basicly dismissed.
I joined the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club. No skeet range, but good rifle ranges, a trap range, and a very nice indoor 24 hour pistol range. Nice people there too.

any place that would require me to have to qualify for anything gets a big F(*& off

Bad enough this state screws you but for Gun clubs to pull stuff like that, unacceptable

Personally I would attend the monthly General meeting and let them know why I was quitting. I would let them know I wasn't doing this be a "butthead" but so they could see why this policy is costing them Members/revenue, and even if they begged I would leave.

Those rules are pathetic. If I brought a "new shooter" as a guest and let them try a .22, then let them try a 9mm when they were comfortable this would be wrong?

Join a Club that wants to let people experience shooting safely, without an axe above their necks.

Be Safe and Shoot stuff up!

I like shooting at Mansfield as a guest. No idea what membership is like. As is the case with most clubs I suspect there is segregation amongst the various disciplines.

Unfortunately this is something that could happen at any club. If the wrong people are on the BOD any club can eventually become Fudd heaven. Even my own club has been going through some growing pains recently. Instead of finding a new club you could always try to change the one you are at. If that doesn't work then I would say find another club. We shouldn't keep letting these folks take over ranges.

Ted O = the guy from Northeast Traitors?

rat.jpg

"Martha... martha is that you???? It's Ted, and I want to talk to you about Bass Pro some more.... "

We were members at Angle Tree, years ago. (over ten years) We left because there was constant in fighting, way too many "cooks in the kitchen", and they had a mandatory caliber qualifying policy. Hubby was an E5 infantry, but since he hadn't "qualified" with an approved member, he was limited to .22. WTF???

Every time we went, some one was there telling us what we couldn't do, even though it wasn't in the rules...........

We never saw any young folks there, our age. (20-30 y.o.)

We are now members of Mansfield Fish & Game. The people are great, and we haven't noticed many Fuddy Duddys.

Just to clarify . . .

According to Angle Tree's website, Ted O is indeed on the BOD.

Ted O is NO longer on the BOD at Mansfield F&G.

When my club shot Skeet against AT this summer I noticed he was on the BOD list hanging on the wall.

When did he part with MF&G? Did he resign or was he voted out?

When my club shot Skeet against AT this summer I noticed he was on the BOD list hanging on the wall.

When did he part with MF&G? Did he resign or was he voted out?

I don't think that he ran for MF&G BOD at the last election. I don't know for sure as I was out of state and not at that meeting.

It's seeing stuff like this that makes me not want to join a club. I live down the street from Woburn Sportsmen's Association. It's literally a mile or 2 away but hearing horror stories like this makes me think it's not worth joining a club at all.

It's seeing stuff like this that makes me not want to join a club. I live down the street from Woburn Sportsmen's Association. It's literally a mile or 2 away but hearing horror stories like this makes me think it's not worth joining a club at all.

The overwhelming majority of clubs in MA are nothing like this, if that's any consolation.

-Mike

Don't let one fudd club make all the others look bad. I don't know Woburn that well and I've heard some second or third hand mixed reports, but there are plenty of good clubs around and it is definitely worth joining one. Just visit some clubs you are interested in, do a bit of research here, ask questions you may have and you'll find a nice place to call "my club".

I don't believe that all clubs are like the on the OP mentioned but I have heard that many clubs do have drama to a certain extent. Being a younger guy, I don't want to join a club where guys have been feuding for 20 years. Bad enough being a new guy but being the whipping boy for people who are power tripping isn't my idea of fun. I mentioned WSA because it's a long established club that I've heard mixed reviews on.

I fear that I join a club, dump money and time into it just to find the BOD is power mad and the members are miserable.

Peace in the Middle East buddy. Join Sharon you can do whatever you want whenever you want (dusk to dawn outside, no time limit for indoor) with whomever you want!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom