• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's up in NJ

Hi,
I'm new to this forum I appreciate any help and advice. I have lots of questions about NJ laws. Here's a few. I believe, from what i've read from online state and NRA sources that the M!A is legal in NJ, True? What about the Russian Saiga? What's going on with magazines? What's the history of "substantially identical".
Thanks

The rifle is sold in NJ with a FS sans the bayonet lug. The Bullet hole in Belleville has one for sale if you are interested...

Here's a link to the DCJ Firearm's Section.
http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html

They allow the similar firearm's to be sold since the designation has been changed to M1A. Just as the designation was changed from AR15 to whatever the companies choose to call them now.

However, several bills have been filed in the legislature so things may be changing down the road.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. scalzo,
You wrote,
"The rifle is sold in NJ with a FS sans the bayonet lug. The Bullet hole in Belleville has one for sale if you are interested..."
Which rifle?
FS=folding stock or full stock?
We used the range at the Bullet Hole for the NRA pistol course I took. I'm definitely heading back there when my papers come through.

M1A service model. Springfield doesn't offer any with a floding stock. Besides, they are not permitted in NJ. Pinned only for telescoping style.

Bullet Hole is ok but I usualltake a bit further ride and go out to Ray's. When I lived in Nutley they were a short ride and I didn't want to use the outdoor range.

Back
Top Bottom