• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the target market for THIS gun???

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
http://lewhorton.com/mexicansmith.html

Produced by Smith & Wesson Exclusively for Lew Horton Distributing Co.

COMING SOON!

S&W Mexican Eagle Limited Edition
1 of 500

Features include an etched and gold filled Mexican Eagle, an etched Mexican flag, and 1 of 500 Banner filled with gold. White pearlite grips with S&W medallion. 45cal.
Part #S&W108282ME

Retail $1146.95

-----------------------------------------------

My initial reaction is "Who the F--- are they marketing this to? Illegal aliens??"

Ya know while at WalMart yesterday I saw a pair of safety glasses in the hardware section with a Mexican flag on the package. The whole packaging was geared towards Mexican with some English here and there.
I rolled my eyes and walked on and actually it doesn't surprise me especially with English being harder to spot on some cleaning products and other household goods, but the pistol kinda pushes the limits here.

What's the target market for THIS gun???

I'd say those among us who for a lack of more polite terms are "citizenship challenged from the south" except that it should be chambered for .38 Super.

Well I'll play devil's advocate here. Maybe people of Mexican heritage. Just keep looking for the Irish, Polish, and Brittish Flag versions as well![rolleyes]

Ok I tried....

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Weird, because IIRC, most Mexicans are forbidden from owning handguns bigger than .380. Maybe the new Mexican President is looking for inauguration day gifts for his cabinet. <G>

Gary

If you're right, Weer'd, I want to see a 1911 with an ISRAELI flag on it. Or just a Mogen David on it. Then I want one with the Square & Compasses on it...

Oh, wait. I already have a 1911 with the Square & Compasses on it... [smile]

http://lewhorton.com/mexicansmith.html

Features include an etched and gold filled Mexican Eagle, an etched Mexican flag, and 1 of 500 Banner filled with gold. White pearlite grips with S&W medallion. 45cal.
Part #S&W108282ME

Retail $1146.95

-----------------------------------------------

General George S. Patton is rolling in his grave.

Chris

No, they'd just steal it from a law-abiding gun owner, commit a crime with it, and then they'd skate when they got caught, but the original gun owner would be charged with "improper storage". New Hampshire, here I come...

untitled.jpg

Fred [frown]

Fixed link/JJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexican carry works better with a SA revolver. You can swing the loading gate open and it will (usually) keep the gun fron sliding down your pant leg. But I still wouldn't do it as a matter of course.

WRT mexican carry.... theres also an improved version involving a piece of
string that can be attached to belt loops to keep the gun from falling down
your pants. The only real reason for mexican carry is to avoid getting
caught with a holster. It's useful in third world countries where
running away from the police is a better idea than facing up to
them, if you have to defend yourself. I cant think of any reason why
someone would want to carry without a holster, though. Even a clip on
cheapy is better than mexican. (and it is still quick to discard the holster
if needed.).

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom