What's the standard show procedure for bring in guns

I've only ever taken guns out of a show, but never brought them into a show. I wanted to bring some stuff with me to sell or use to trade & was going to have everything locked up in a carrying case. Are there certain kinds of zip I should use or will any zip do?

Anyway, just wanted to know the procedure for bringing them in. Will the guard/detail/whoever at the door have some zips for me, or do I need my own?

You don't need to bring zip ties. Most of the time the show people
will provide them for you. They will want to see that the gun is
clear and then they will put a zip tie through it. I've seen some oddball
overdone ziptying at some shows....

-Mike

If carrying I usually unload in the car, put the mag in my pocket and then when you get to table lock the slide back give it tot he person they will put a zip tie on it and they will hold the mag at the table for you, the firearm goes and back into the holster and you are on your way. On the way out of the show they will unclip your gun and give you back your mag.

Bruce

Remember to refer to all your weapons as antique and valuable collectables.If anyone wants to sell you a weapon,you will classify it as common,berate the seller, then offer him 15% of the market price.Also remember to not bathe for at least a week prior to the show and you will fit right in.[wink]

Remember to refer to all your weapons as antique and valuable collectables.If anyone wants to sell you a weapon,you will classify it as common,berate the seller, then offer him 15% of the market price.Also remember to not bathe for at least a week prior to the show and you will fit right in.[wink]

[laugh2] Yup! That sounds about right!

Does that usually work? I often see dealers selling way too high.
On the other hand, they buy real cheap too...

After disagreeing with the wife over finances & my intent to spend money at the show, turns out I'm likely not to find anything really nice in my price range :( ..

I'm hoping to find some low priced percussion longarms, or pre 1898 mausers & maybe several nice bayonets..

Turns out I won't be bringing my antique handguns to use as trade.. I don't have enough time to get non res LTC, because can't cross state line with them without it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom