Whats the rarest surplup you have??

probably not really rare but not plentiful either - Springfield Trapdoor .45-70

trapdoor2.jpg

It would have to be my Finnish M27 made in 1932 by VKT, serial number 0109 and a Finnish M28 28/30 conversion rifle of which only a few hundred were converted. You will notice that the rear sight on this M28 is a M28/30 site. The front site is also a M28/30 sight. The soldiers paid to have these conversions done.
DSC00337.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

I don't know how rare it is, but I have a 1858 Remington Army revolver. I have shot it, is a blast. I would like to someday get a repro of it so I can shoot one more often. I am just scared to shoot a 150 year old gun alot.

03roushs1 said:
I don't know how rare it is, but I have a 1858 Remington Army revolver. I have shot it, is a blast. I would like to someday get a repro of it so I can shoot one more often. I am just scared to shoot a 150 year old gun alot.

I have the repro, bought it back in the 80's for under $100.

Fun to shoot but BP is really dirty !

I wouldn't worry about shooting yours, the BP does not really produce much pressure so it won't explode. Keep your loads down, clean it and oil it. It'll be fine.

Mauthausen concentration camp made Mauser (made by prisoners under the watchful eye of the SS) from Dennis Kroh a few years ago.

Pilgrim said:
03roushs1 said:

I have the repro, bought it back in the 80's for under $100.

Fun to shoot but BP is really dirty !

I wouldn't worry about shooting yours, the BP does not really produce much pressure so it won't explode. Keep your loads down, clean it and oil it. It'll be fine.

What is a current example of this reproduction? Are they MA legal? Thanks.

I can't tell you off hand what is currently avail as I haven't really looked much lately. I do see BP revolvers in shops quite regularly but can't tell you anything about them. Mine is Italian made.

1858r_small.jpg

As far as I know, all old examples of BP stuff is allowed in MA, as well as repro's as they are not even considered guns.

Perhaps someone else can comment on that aspect of it..

editted: just checked. it's marked ASM (armi san marco)..box is marked Gardone V.T. (BS) Italy, whatever that means.

Back
Top Bottom