• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the point?

When a bad guy comes in with a gun he could empty his mag (assume 15 rounds), swap it out and empty another well under 50 seconds.
Guess what, your bragging friend isn't going to make it. Just say'n...

btw; no time outs in this game of life...

Last edited:
how fast can he clear a catastrophic class III malfunction?

does he leave tier 1 tracks that look like: 1 1 111 1 1 111 1 1 111 1 1 111 1 1 111 1 1 111?

A long long time ago a very close acquaintance of mine (partner) and I got into a car accident situation in a not-so-great neighborhood; I wasn't carrying at the moment because we were doing construction demolition.

We both knew our statuses; I was at ground level with the other two guys and my he was strategically positioned overseeing the situation.

Afterward, he let me know that with his new gun he was carrying with loaded mag, empty chamber. I was pissed and incredulous.

He used to name all of his guns women's names beginning with the letter "B". At some point I started calling that one "Barney" after Barney Fife and his shirt pocket round.

I still remind him of "Barney" once in a while and he just smiles and nods his head and we laff and laff...

Maybe he was just a super tactical Israeli trained operative so he didn't need to keep a round chambered like the rest of us.[laugh]

Maybe he was just a super tactical Israeli trained operative so he didn't need to keep a round chambered like the rest of us.[laugh]

No, he was just a nervous nellie who was concerned about carrying one in the chamber. The REALLY stupid thing about that is "Barney" is a DA/SA with a mechanical safety as well. He insisted that he could draw and rack the slide very quickly.[rolleyes]

There's probably a lesson about not depending on other people to provide security for you while you're doing demolition in Roxbury, but I'm not sure what it is. [wink]

i keep my hd weapon unloaded and locked up too...

...but I have ninjas to protect me.

a1o6ex-l-610x610-shirt-ninja-sexy-ninja-halloween-halloween-costume-costume-cosplay-sexy-halloween-costume-sexy-costume-ninja-costume-teddy-lingerie-black-lingerie-cutout-bodysuit-black-bodysuit.jpg

No, he was just a nervous nellie who was concerned about carrying one in the chamber. The REALLY stupid thing about that is "Barney" is a DA/SA with a mechanical safety as well. He insisted that he could draw and rack the slide very quickly.[rolleyes]

There's probably a lesson about not depending on other people to provide security for you while you're doing demolition in Roxbury, but I'm not sure what it is. [wink]

That's funny because that guy I talked about yesterday that I met at my lgs told me the same thing, but he even had the added step of grabbing the mag out of his back pocket first.[rolleyes] He also told me that he could do this faster than most guys could draw and fire with a round chambered![laugh] I was so dumbstruck that all I could do was say "damn, I guess I have to practice a lot more to get to your level of skill." The damnedest thing was that he did not even detect my sarcasm. I don't consider myself to be any kind of Wyatt Earp, but I really wish this was the old west because I would have love to challenge him to to a duel to see if he could really go through all of those steps under stress before I could just draw and fire.[rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom