What's the most you've spent on a single firearm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date

Most you've spent on a firearm?

• $0-500

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • $500-1k

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • $1k-2k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $2k-5k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $5k-10k

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • $10k +

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
I love these posts, reminds me that I have the best wife ever! I bought an MCX pistol AR last year, $2300, my wife said I should have bought 2! [kiss]
This. I've never had any reason to hide purchases, lie about what they cost or ask for permission. In fact there have been several time that she has told me about a pawn shop going out of business and that I should go see what guns they have left. Or, when G19s were hard to get for a few months she was updating me when some of the LGSs in the area had one on hand. Without being asked to do so. I eventually told her I was going to build one. She said is that going to cost less than buying one? I said "nope. probably about 1.5 times what it would cost to buy one, but it will be nicer and I'll have something to do for a few hrs." 0 f***s given.

To answer the OP's question... Right around $2500 closer to $3K if you include the optic and the light/laser combo.

I didn’t even know 22 could go 700 yds :oops: Props to your dedication to deucey deuce!
At 600yds calculations show 311moa, 700yds will be out of what most scopes can even dial in, even if you setup rifle with 30moa rail.
Perhaps possible, but not clear why and what for. To each his own.

At 600yds calculations show 311moa, 700yds will be out of what most scopes can even dial in, even if you setup rifle with 30moa rail.
Perhaps possible, but not clear why and what for. To each his own.
63.30mrad total. I have 13mrad in the spuhr mount, roughly 9mrad in the rail, 32 mrad in the atacr, and I can either hold over the difference or run the 100moa nf prism which makes up the rest.

Ain’t that the truth…my first O/U was also my first gun over $5k…
Most of my O/U guns are sub 2K. I just bought a Browning Citori Hunter 28 gauge Grade 2 for 1800. I was going to buy the White Lightning, but it was 600 more, didn't need the bling. Wood was actually nicer on the Grade 2 Hunter.

The only thing about most brand name (Browning, Beretta, Ruger, etc) (not Turkish) O/U guns is they generally go UP over some time because of the handwork in them or they are not made anymore. For instance I think my English stocked Ruger 28 GA red label is well worth over 1K now, probably more as its in NIB condition. I bought it for 725.00 new.

That said, when you get into the 5K range, then its money losing time......because your buying audience becomes a lot smaller.

I'm not saying they appreciate a ton like an investment, but generally prices don't go down on name brand entry level O/U's .....so the used ones stay status quo or higher. Unlike Pumps and Semi auto's which depreciate more.

My friend is out to 1200 and change with his. Its basically artillery at that point lol.

were also reloading 22lr at this point now that cutting edge is making copper solids.... View attachment 532048
Wow dude, slow down there.

You cannot dump this stuff on us and not explain. Don't tease me bro.

I have too many questions and a boner right now. 💦

How do you guys reload it?
Are you buying primed brass?
Where do you get those bullets?
Will they work with a standard 22lr bolt action?

Let's start there.

F*ck the topic of this thread, this is 100x more interesting.

Wow dude, slow down there.

You cannot dump this stuff on us and not explain. Don't tease me bro.

I have too many questions and a boner right now. 💦

How do you guys reload it?
Are you buying primed brass?
Where do you get those bullets?
Will they work with a standard 22lr bolt action?

Let's start there.

F*ck the topic of this thread, this is 100x more interesting.
CCI is supplying the primed cases which are weighed and sorted for primer charge.
The video I linked will go through how they reload them since its pretty straight forward. The powder charge is where its tricky and thats all a development effort combined with the use of barrels that have faster twists like 1:9, etc...

They won't feed in a standard 22 chamber, they have a specific reamer for them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPECnP6M0CA&ab_channel=cebullets

CCI is supplying the primed cases which are weighed and sorted for primer charge.
The video I linked will go through how they reload them since its pretty straight forward. The powder charge is where its tricky and thats all a development effort combined with the use of barrels that have faster twists like 1:9, etc...

They won't feed in a standard 22 chamber, they have a specific reamer for them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPECnP6M0CA&ab_channel=cebullets

Dare I even ask what unobtanium powder is able to keep that projo supersonic to 700 yds ? (or is that caliber specifically design to allow stable transonic flight ?

Dare I even ask what unobtanium powder is able to keep that projo supersonic to 700 yds ? (or is that caliber specifically design to allow stable transonic flight ?
I didn’t watch the video but watch long one when the first introduced them. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the whole idea was subsonic like a whisper cartridge.

A slower moving bullet has less drag and therefore loses less velocity.
A 223 with a 3200 FPS 55 grain is going 1000 FPS at 700 yards

A high BC 22 caliber 90 grain bullet starting at 1050 FPS is still going 861 FPS at 700 yards

Kind of what all those whisper cartridges were about. Never going transonic. Heavy for caliber high BC. Bucks the wind nicely. Quiet. Low recoil.

Really cool concept.

I didn’t watch the video but watch long one when the first introduced them. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the whole idea was subsonic like a whisper cartridge.

A slower moving bullet has less drag and therefore loses less velocity.
A 223 with a 3200 FPS 55 grain is going 1000 FPS at 700 yards

A high BC 22 caliber 90 grain bullet starting at 1050 FPS is still going 861 FPS at 700 yards

Kind of what all those whisper cartridges were about. Never going transonic. Heavy for caliber high BC. Bucks the wind nicely. Quiet. Low recoil.

Really cool concept.
Yep the goal is to keep it from going transonic.

Most of my O/U guns are sub 2K. I just bought a Browning Citori Hunter 28 gauge Grade 2 for 1800. I was going to buy the White Lightning, but it was 600 more, didn't need the bling. Wood was actually nicer on the Grade 2 Hunter.

The only thing about most brand name (Browning, Beretta, Ruger, etc) (not Turkish) O/U guns is they generally go UP over some time because of the handwork in them or they are not made anymore. For instance I think my English stocked Ruger 28 GA red label is well worth over 1K now, probably more as its in NIB condition. I bought it for 725.00 new.

That said, when you get into the 5K range, then its money losing time......because your buying audience becomes a lot smaller.

I'm not saying they appreciate a ton like an investment, but generally prices don't go down on name brand entry level O/U's .....so the used ones stay status quo or higher. Unlike Pumps and Semi auto's which depreciate more.
Yeah I don’t plan on parting with mine anytime soon, I would have been in the 2500 range if it wasn’t for the extras on the citori 725 I ordered, gracoil, adjustable comb, unsingle w/ adjustable rib, o/u with adjustable rib…buy once cry once…

Back
Top Bottom