What's the most you've spent on a single firearm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date

Most you've spent on a firearm?

• $0-500

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • $500-1k

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • $1k-2k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $2k-5k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $5k-10k

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • $10k +

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
I have two "Gucci" ARs. One's a Larue Ultimate upper built onto a CMC ambi lower - built that one for my left handed wife as a gift. I think that ended up costing me around 1500 or so. It was the most expensive AR I had to that point.

Then I won a raffle at a match and brought home a Daniel Defense DDM4A1. It was listing for just under 2K, now listing just over 2K. No way I'd spend that kind of money on an AR for myself.

On the other hand, I have a matched set of Kimbers, limited edition 1911s that I spent just under 3K on 10 years ago. They're not quite safe queens, I shoot them a couple times a year. My son gets these.

02 Box Inside.jpg

I do not like crossing $2k in rifle builds as you quickly get to a point of diminishing return there. But a bergara precision rifle build was at $3k without a scope.
Other than that, I am not a collector, most guns I have are in $1k-$2k bracket except of glocks.

I have two "Gucci" ARs. One's a Larue Ultimate upper built onto a CMC ambi lower - built that one for my left handed wife as a gift. I think that ended up costing me around 1500 or so. It was the most expensive AR I had to that point.

Then I won a raffle at a match and brought home a Daniel Defense DDM4A1. It was listing for just under 2K, now listing just over 2K. No way I'd spend that kind of money on an AR for myself.

On the other hand, I have a matched set of Kimbers, limited edition 1911s that I spent just under 3K on 10 years ago. They're not quite safe queens, I shoot them a couple times a year. My son gets these.

View attachment 531343

Curious about this. It's a very nice-looking box. It's nice you already have plans to gift (or will) them to your family. I hope you get to use them together and make some great memories together in the meantime. Pin shoots or other little competitions to see who's best given that the guns are the same. I trust that the age-old tradition of "dueling pistols" is now dead, though.

Do they have consecutive serial numbers or something? What makes them either 'matched' or 'limited' more than any two other examples of the same gun built the same way at the same time with the same parts? The wood handgrips actually make them each unique, and not as identical as if they'd used custom-shaped, contoured, or colored other material (think Wilson grips that uniquely set them apart visually).

What makes them limited other than by how many they decided to make?

I guess the same can be asked of any collectible gun as to what makes it worth more than any other. But this is the first time I've seen a "matched set" here on NES and it got me to thinkin'.

Thanks for taking this in my genuinely interested sort of way, and not a "what the eff were you thinking when you did this?" NES-speak sort of way.

Back
Top Bottom