• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the most you've spent on a single firearm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date

Most you've spent on a firearm?

• $0-500

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • $500-1k

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • $1k-2k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $2k-5k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $5k-10k

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • $10k +

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
the only question would be a caliber of choice - 6.5CM or 6CM, or 6.5x47 lapua.
for that rifle specifically i see they offer now 6.5CM, 6.5PRC, .300WM and 300PRC. which is a bit odd as i think i saw an LRP Premier in 6CM as well somewhere, go figure. or may be i am wrong.
i personally still stay loyal to 6.5CM.

PS. I was wrong, it is the similar enough HMR Pro Premier that can be configured in those calibers. not the LRP.
Screenshot_20211012-193812_Gallery.jpg

That's kind of the reverse of where I'm at.

I bought the glass because I got a screaming deal at the end of 2019 (~$1.5K for a $2.5K optic? don't mind if I do.)
Now I need to put a rifle under it. I have basically accepted I'll land in that $1-2K area...but still can't convince myself to just go do it. Partly, the stocks over the last year have been garbage, and I want a specific build. But the other part is just...ouch. So as much as a Sako or Christensen would be really slick, I'm trying to find the Tikka or maybe a Bergara.
Just buy a custom rifle. Not much more than a mass produced rifle, but everything you want, with better fitment.

I wouldn't even know where to start down that path.
My last rifle was only around $2k, plus or minus. That was a Remington short action, Bartlein barrel, fitted brake, and some badger ordnance items. Thrown in a KRG bravo. Shoots fast, and accurate. Everything I wanted, nothing I didn't.

Shameless plug because I like them. River's Bend trued the action up and cut and fitted the barrel.

My last rifle was only around $2k, plus or minus. That was a Remington short action, Bartlein barrel, fitted brake, and some badger ordnance items. Thrown in a KRG bravo. Shoots fast, and accurate. Everything I wanted, nothing I didn't.

Shameless plug because I like them. River's Bend trued the action up and cut and fitted the barrel.
Right before everything imploded, there was a deal on 700 short actions. I was going to piece something together for myself, and learn by doing. Then I decided I'd rather get something that works and save a build for later...maybe a month later the market went nuts and I decided to wait it out.

Now, instead of working, I'm going to be researching options, aren't I?

Right before everything imploded, there was a deal on 700 short actions. I was going to piece something together for myself, and learn by doing. Then I decided I'd rather get something that works and save a build for later...maybe a month later the market went nuts and I decided to wait it out.

If you get overwhelmed I think the crew at Northeast Arms can help finish a build.

Bolt action rifles are not difficult to craft, but the quality of components matters a lot, if you expect a 1/2 moa or better accuracy from a finished build.
And after you take all that to the consideration you will see that a markup on those above mentioned bergaras is not that huge, compared to you buying a set of comparable components separately.
And if you will have to pay someone else for the assembly- it will be more expensive.

Since I was around 13 years old I had this hard cover book Small Arms Of The World,and I would just dream of
owning many of those guns in the book.As I got older little by little I was able to buy some of these guns Next month is
my Birthday, and I will also be filing for retirement at that time. I just happened to run into the number one gun,that I
have dream about my whole life.Now the moment they came out with this gun in 22 I went crazy trying to get one.
Yes it is fun to shoot, and looks real cool,but it's not the original.So I am looking threw one of the gun sellers on
the internet, this guy deals a lot in German PP, PPK ETC i go to one of his pages, and there right in front of me is
an MP 43 in semi-auto only. After the war the receiver was destroyed,and a new one was made,and along with the trigger
group were made to be able to fire semi-auto only. Ever thing on this gun is original except for the receiver,and the modifications
to the trigger group thus making it a non matching gun. To those who don't know what a mp43 is, well it's also known as
a Sturmgewehr. So that's the most I have spent on buying a gun.

When I was about seven, eight, nine, I would get copies of the Gun Trader's Guide and cut out and tape the pictures of Holland and Holland guns onto my wall as desired future purchases.

1634087296155.png

When I was about seven, eight, nine, I would get copies of the Gun Trader's Guide and cut out and tape the pictures of Holland and Holland guns onto my wall as desired future purchases.

View attachment 531785
WOW,You had good taste in fine firearms at a young age.I hope your wish did come true.

The most I ever paid for a gun was $750, but that was in 1986, and the gun was a Skeet Model Browning Citori. (which I still have)
Adjusted for inflation, that's about $1865 in 2021 dollars.
However, the most valuable gun I own is one that I didn't actually purchase, I won it in a raffle.
Some here have seen and fired it, it's a Strayer-Voigt Infinity, stainless wide-body 1911 target pistol.
The value in 2005 was somewhere in the $2500-$3000 range.

The NIB rifle itself ~$1800. Add a FCG/Trigger upgrade, optics, light, sling, mounts, etc and that tops $3k.

Have owned a dozen or so high end Italian Sporting O/U's (P guns, B guns, Z guns, CG guns), several Spanish SXS's (small bore 20, 28, .410) and three double rifles (big bore .45/70, .450 NE, .500 NE) all of which would have ticked into the last box on the survey. They certainly did when I sold them...

Last edited:
I dropped over $2k on an AR Build last year just before things went crazy with Covid. If you don't count optics it came in at about $1850. Biggest rip off expense was getting a lower.

I have a couple of 1911s out of the Performance Shop at S&W. One was $1300 and the other was $1700.

Everything else I have was under $1k.

I wouldn't even know where to start down that path.
Several out there. I like R Bros (its two brothers with a last name of "R")

They build precision long range rigs for hunting applications. All the performance without looking like it came out of call of duty but not a total fudd rifle either. They sell matched packages and shoot and field test every rifle they build.

Back
Top Bottom