What's the most you've spent on a single firearm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date

Most you've spent on a firearm?

• $0-500

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • $500-1k

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • $1k-2k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $2k-5k

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • $5k-10k

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • $10k +

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
I know, but have fun actually getting one for $600.

This is like telling someone if they have a time machine they can get an original shooter grade python for 600 bucks. Or that HK P7M8s were $1200.

The surplus ones were really used if I remember right, so I doubt they'll go for a lot considering most people wanting a nice MR73 would buy a new one imported by Beretta.

Regardless, its a gun one would have to keep an eye out for and have cash on hand to pounce on.

Curious about this. It's a very nice-looking box. It's nice you already have plans to gift (or will) them to your family. I hope you get to use them together and make some great memories together in the meantime. Pin shoots or other little competitions to see who's best given that the guns are the same. I trust that the age-old tradition of "dueling pistols" is now dead, though.

Do they have consecutive serial numbers or something? What makes them either 'matched' or 'limited' more than any two other examples of the same gun built the same way at the same time with the same parts? The wood handgrips actually make them each unique, and not as identical as if they'd used custom-shaped, contoured, or colored other material (think Wilson grips that uniquely set them apart visually).

What makes them limited other than by how many they decided to make?

I guess the same can be asked of any collectible gun as to what makes it worth more than any other. But this is the first time I've seen a "matched set" here on NES and it got me to thinkin'.

Thanks for taking this in my genuinely interested sort of way, and not a "what the eff were you thinking when you did this?" NES-speak sort of way.

Embedded the responses for clarity, (?).

Curious about this. It's a very nice-looking box. It's nice you already have plans to gift (or will) them to your family. I hope you get to use them together and make some great memories together in the meantime. Pin shoots or other little competitions to see who's best given that the guns are the same. I trust that the age-old tradition of "dueling pistols" is now dead, though.
I set up a gun trust a while ago, the disposition of my firearms is handled by it. Previous to that, those guns were specified in my will. The couple times a year that I shoot these guns, I do so with my son; so yeah - making memories.

Do they have consecutive serial numbers or something? What makes them either 'matched' or 'limited' more than any two other examples of the same gun built the same way at the same time with the same parts? The wood handgrips actually make them each unique, and not as identical as if they'd used custom-shaped, contoured, or colored other material (think Wilson grips that uniquely set them apart visually).

The serial numbers are alphanumeric. The "Custom" is serialized KMSCnnn and the Gold Match is serialized KMSGnnn where nnn is the same. I assume that all of the internals are standard parts. The wood grips are pretty, they're stored in the box which is in the bottom of my gun safe. The guns have rubber grips on them because I shoot them occasionally and I wanted a different grip.

What makes them limited other than by how many they decided to make?

Nothing. It's absolutely purely marketing by Kimber.

I guess the same can be asked of any collectible gun as to what makes it worth more than any other. But this is the first time I've seen a "matched set" here on NES and it got me to thinkin'.

Thanks for taking this in my genuinely interested sort of way, and not a "what the eff were you thinking when you did this?" NES-speak sort of way

My wife pretty much asked me "what the eff were you thinking when you did this?". I told her that I saw them, had to have them and bought them. That was literally 10 years ago. She didn't shoot then and we had conversations occasionally about how I spent money on guns. My general response was that it was my money to spend as I saw fit - and I didn't question how much money she spent on shoes. Move forward a bit in time, and she has her own guns, bought me a press and advises me not to sell any of my guns.

I haven’t crossed $1850. I want a 4” MR73 though but i have way more important stuff to deal with first…. [laugh] that's more of a "before I die/beretta stops importing them" gun.....lmao.
Good taste. It’s my grail gun.

My railed S&W 1911 E-series and IWI X95 are currently my most expensive. But my pieces together AR will be more but hopefully still under $2k....

Yeah... but they can't afford optics lmfao.... i got a Daniel defense and replaced the stock grip and trigger. Then i slapped a burris on it
That's kind of the reverse of where I'm at.

I bought the glass because I got a screaming deal at the end of 2019 (~$1.5K for a $2.5K optic? don't mind if I do.)
Now I need to put a rifle under it. I have basically accepted I'll land in that $1-2K area...but still can't convince myself to just go do it. Partly, the stocks over the last year have been garbage, and I want a specific build. But the other part is just...ouch. So as much as a Sako or Christensen would be really slick, I'm trying to find the Tikka or maybe a Bergara.

I bought the glass because I got a screaming deal at the end of 2019 (~$1.5K for a $2.5K optic? don't mind if I do.)
Now I need to put a rifle under it. I have basically accepted I'll land in that $1-2K area...but still can't convince myself to just go do it. Partly, the stocks over the last year have been garbage, and I want a specific build. But the other part is just...ouch. So as much as a Sako or Christensen would be really slick, I'm trying to find the Tikka or maybe a Bergara.
How about this:
For $1,854.99 with Grab-a-Quote. You can check with @paul73 about his Bergara.

How about this:
the only question would be a caliber of choice - 6.5CM or 6CM, or 6.5x47 lapua.
for that rifle specifically i see they offer now 6.5CM, 6.5PRC, .300WM and 300PRC. which is a bit odd as i think i saw an LRP Premier in 6CM as well somewhere, go figure. or may be i am wrong.
i personally still stay loyal to 6.5CM.

PS. I was wrong, it is the similar enough HMR Pro Premier that can be configured in those calibers. not the LRP.

I don't have terribly expensive tastes i suppose. I don't buy cheap stuff by any means but most quality pistols and rifles can be had for under $1k

I bought a gorgeous customized BT-99 for $1,500 and a pre-ban AK for $900, those are probably my two most expensive guns, others hover in the $500-$700 range.

Again sorry should've thrown up a /sarc

How about this:
I was kind of whining more than anything.

What I really want is a 223 varmint rifle. (I'm trying to avoid getting into 6.5CM until I'm comfortable reloading)
Again sorry should've thrown up a /sarc
See above. You're fine. I just used your post as an excuse to poke fun at myself.

I was kind of whining more than anything.

What I really want is a 223 varmint rifle. (I'm trying to avoid getting into 6.5CM until I'm comfortable reloading)
i am extremely happy with larue UU kits i got for $800, when they were at that price. they are $200 more now but the stealth barrel 20" version is worth it.

as of 6.5CM ammo - CMP had good prices on it, not too different from match grade .223. i did not see them to re-offer it yet, but i bet it will return, eventually.
at 300yds there is quite a difference between them, and the longer distance is, the more it will be felt. i even built a 6.5CM AR10 now, as it really is all i want (or like) to shoot.

i am extremely happy with larue UU kits i got for $800, when they were at that price. they are $200 more now but the stealth barrel 20" version is worth it.

as of 6.5CM ammo - CMP had good prices on it, not too different from match grade .223. i did not see them to re-offer it yet, but i bet it will return, eventually.
at 300yds there is quite a difference between them, and the longer distance is, the more it will be felt. i even built a 6.5CM AR10 now, as it really is all i want (or like) to shoot.
I've been considering going exactly that path, informed in part by your posts.

I just want a bolt gun for this one. Then, when I prove to myself that I like this kind of shooting, I'll probably build an AR-pattern rifle in 6.5.

So probably the T3X Super Varmint in 223 if I can find one, but still could be convinced otherwise. Really, I just need to decide that I'm actually on the hunt and I'll probably make a purchase within a week or so. I think I'm just waffling wembling at this point. (Or maybe I just need to ask to meet up and try your Bergara so I can fall in love and buy one of my own?)

Clearly, my new avatar:
Wembley_Fraggle.jpg

Last edited:
Since I was around 13 years old I had this hard cover book Small Arms Of The World,and I would just dream of
owning many of those guns in the book.As I got older little by little I was able to buy some of these guns Next month is
my Birthday, and I will also be filing for retirement at that time. I just happened to run into the number one gun,that I
have dream about my whole life.Now the moment they came out with this gun in 22 I went crazy trying to get one.
Yes it is fun to shoot, and looks real cool,but it's not the original.So I am looking threw one of the gun sellers on
the internet, this guy deals a lot in German PP, PPK ETC i go to one of his pages, and there right in front of me is
an MP 43 in semi-auto only. After the war the receiver was destroyed,and a new one was made,and along with the trigger
group were made to be able to fire semi-auto only. Ever thing on this gun is original except for the receiver,and the modifications
to the trigger group thus making it a non matching gun. To those who don't know what a mp43 is, well it's also known as
a Sturmgewehr. So that's the most I have spent on buying a gun.2021-09-19_049 (2).jpg

Last edited:
The Steyr AUG i bought to celebrate getting out if MA was probably the most expensive. They are sorta rare and more of a boutique rifle so there's definitely a premium.

try your Bergara so I can fall in love and buy one of my own
sent you a PM on that - and i bet it is exactly what will happen. it is a great rifle, very well crafted.
they have now a new top of the crop one at $2500 - but it sits on the MPA BA chassis, a bit different from XLR. i like XLR better.

Back
Top Bottom