• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the most over-priced gun?

I was expecting a more impressive number here:

It's because the barrel is still a gigantic slab of stainless. that's probably 60% of the weight of the rifle.

The shittiest part about that gun is that they went through ALL that crap to make a titanium gun and they couldn't even be bothered to make the upper monolithic. [rofl]

-Mike

anything "tribute" or "commemorative"

I never understood those. They're like the hummels of the gun world--oh so priceless to the seller and yet no one wants to buy them and god forbid you shoot them.

THis^ I know some folks love those commoritave guns but I can't justify a fire arm that is going to sit in a glass case and never be used. Any gun I buy will be shot. Saw a ww2 commorative M1 garand in a shop a few months ago......$3500 never been fired in a glass case......what a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Mini 14 or 90 percent of AR's on the market.

This as well^

I like the mini 14 and want one.....but the prices are stupid for what they are.

THis^ I know some folks love those commoritave guns but I can't justify a fire arm that is going to sit in a glass case and never be used. Any gun I buy will be shot. Saw a ww2 commorative M1 garand in a shop a few months ago......$3500 never been fired in a glass case......what a shame.

This is one of those times where it would great to have stupid money. Because I'd be buying a bunch of those guns (regardless of cost) and then taking them out and shooting them. The conversations alone would be hilarious.

Seller: "This is one of a kind 1 of 5 model, serial number 1, never been fired, blah blah blah..."
Me: "Well, I'm buying it.. and I'm firing it, today- gonna fire an entire case of ammo through it. And there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it. "
Seller: "You're going to WHAT???"

[rofl]

I would get great pleasure in destroying this "worth more if unfired" douchebaggery. That's so ****ing aggravating. It's like- If you bought it to NOT shoot it ever, then just buy a picture of it instead, or a well made non-functioning model of it, and let someone else shoot "it."

-Mike

This is one of those times where it would great to have stupid money. Because I'd be buying a bunch of those guns (regardless of cost) and then taking them out and shooting them. The conversations alone would be hilarious.

Seller: "This is one of a kind 1 of 5 model, serial number 1, never been fired, blah blah blah..."
Me: "Well, I'm buying it.. and I'm firing it, today- gonna fire an entire case of ammo through it. And there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it. "

[rofl]

I would get great pleasure in destroying this "worth more if unfired" douchebaggery. That's so ****ing aggravating. It's like- If you bought it to NOT shoot it ever, then just buy a picture of it instead, or a well made non-functioning model of it, and let someone else shoot "it."

-Mike

You have to make sure you mention that you'll be putting it back in the safe uncleaned.

I know some folks love those commoritave guns but I can't justify a fire arm that is going to sit in a glass case and never be used. [/COLOR]

If I had lots of extra cash, I'd buy one of those WWII commemorative bright nickel-plated 1911's and carry it, shoot the hell out of it, and generally beat on it just to piss off those who would be pissed off by such a thing.
WWIIColt.jpg

Damn what a nice looking pistol though huh?

If I had lots of extra cash, I'd buy one of those WWII commemorative bright nickel-plated 1911's and carry it, shoot the hell out of it, and generally beat on it just to piss off those who would be pissed off by such a thing.
View attachment 95597

Damn what a nice looking pistol though huh?

I don't think they're all that much. I've seen less than perfect examples of the ETO version sell on here for a good bit under $1500.

New 1911's seem expensive for a gun with technology that is over 100 years old but pre ban Glocks at a gun shop in MA for $750-$800 has to take the cake.

I don't think they're all that much. I've seen less than perfect examples of the ETO version sell on here for a good bit under $1500.

Doing a little research I found guys on other forums (in free states of course) finding these guns slightly used and fired for anywhere from $650 - $1000. I would pay $650 for a used and dinged up specimen. The trick would be to make sure an out-of-state seller would have no problem shipping one to me on my C&R since they are eligible.

Lately I've really, really, really wanted a Model 36 and they've seemingly shot up in price to $500, $450 if you're really lucky. I still want one though, it's been one of my must-haves for a while and the desire is too strong now. I specifically want the post-flat latch, pre-lock ones though so it limits my market a tad.

Hang in there .I sold one in the classifieds last fall for $300

Lately I've really, really, really wanted a Model 36 and they've seemingly shot up in price to $500, $450 if you're really lucky. I still want one though, it's been one of my must-haves for a while and the desire is too strong now. I specifically want the post-flat latch, pre-lock ones though so it limits my market a tad.

The single shot .50 bmg like grizzly ones etc .
There around 1500$ + and you can make one for around 500$ or less. That 500$ includes the amount of smoke and fast food I'd eat and smoke over a week end building lol .

100$ for a mossberg barrel 150$ worry of metal for the bolt and barrel extension and a off the shelf pipe for the receiver.

Last edited:

[rofl]

-Mike

[rofl]

What's the most over-priced gun out there? (I'm talking from a value perspective here, expensive does not always mean over-priced.)

And, go.

HK 416 upper (my grail rifle), normally HK would screw us by charging 2k for just an upper, but instead they simply refuse to sell it in the US (they have a factory so it's not an import issue).
So, the kits on the market (mostly from cops), run around 5K for an upper. Quite over priced IMHO.

HK 416 upper (my grail rifle), normally HK would screw us by charging 2k for just an upper, but instead they simply refuse to sell it in the US (they have a factory so it's not an import issue).
So, the kits on the market (mostly from cops), run around 5K for an upper. Quite over priced IMHO.

How come I can find there uppers?
Is the hk416 one a sbr one ?

Fair enough . I didn't read to much about them . The only hk I like is the ump .

I'll add

Ps90 that is over priced . Ammo is over priced and if your stuck with 10 rd mags it's even more stupidly over priced.

And any thing in .45gap

Last edited:
Most pre-ban stuff. $30 for a 20rd mag manufactured two decades ago is nuts. Glocks for $800 and $50 for old mags is terrible. I feel bad for MA residents. Don't have those issues in NH.

Most pre-ban stuff. $30 for a 20rd mag manufactured two decades ago is nuts. Glocks for $800 and $50 for old mags is terrible. I feel bad for MA residents. Don't have those issues in NH.

People who pay that much for those things in MA are suckers, lazy, or both.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom