whats the deal with Canik

arsco

NES Member
Was at the indoor range today and the guy behind the counter turned me on to Canik tpsf elite. felt good in hand. will shoot one on next visit. price is reasonable, tell me why I dont want to buy one

I had a tp9sfL at one point. Great shooter right out of the box and felt good in the hand. I’ll probably pick up another canik someday.

Was at the indoor range today and the guy behind the counter turned me on to Canik tpsf elite. felt good in hand. will shoot one on next visit. price is reasonable, tell me why I dont want to buy one

I have a SF Elite. Great pistol. Great trigger. Great value. Solid sights. Shoots great. It's currently been both my carry and bedside gun.

The only reason to not buy a Canik is if you're Armenian, and if you hate a good deal.

I absolutely love my Canik's, I've got approximately 28K rounds through my Canik TP9SFL, and about 2K through my Canik TP9SFX.

They're a quality handgun at a great price, with great quality Mec-gar manufactured magazines, and if you don't skin-flint for the "One Series," which is still a good deal in my opinion, you get a handy OWB range holster and an extra magazine.

They have a budding after market, with parts from Taylor Freelance, Freedomsmith Triggers, W28 guide rods, and they are also compatible with some glock aftermarket parts like the rear sight, striker spring, striker safety plunger spring, NDZ recoil spring assemblies. The front sight can be replaced with an aftermarket M&P sight. If you're in a ban state, you can modify a preban Beretta 92 magazine to function.

I honestly can not speak highly enough or recommend enough of the Canik TP9 striker fired line up.

'Cuz you won't be able to hear,

Cool Glock, brah!!!

5b9c13b03d6e3.image.jpg

Seriously, Caniks and some other Turkish firearms are very underrated and very affordable. Not sure how long that's going to last- the word seems to be getting out.

If Canik ever makes a 10mm I might sell my G20. LOL, no but I'd definitely buy a Canik 10mm.

Last edited:
Great guns, decent price. I just never bought one because I didnt want to introduce yet another striker fired handgun class into my safe. It's bad enough I already have Glock and CZ.

At the retail level these guns sell very well. I can't think of a "downside" to them other than perhaps availability. That and they seem a little chunky up top but no worse than most others. Reminds me of a Walther P99 clone but way better.

I have a TP9sf and shot it in USPSA and it was great. I've picked up a Walther PPQ5 since and use that now, but the Canik will hold it's own against it. You cannot go wrong with a Canik.

Wait until the madness passes you can get them for next to nothing. I've had 7 pass through. Great guns great triggers great barrels. I had one with over 7 k rounds through it looked fine.

Highly recommend them.

Plus the accept Beretta 92 high cap mags.

Let me preface this a little. They accept and reliably feed Beretta 92 high cap mags, but you will need to put a new mag release cut into the magazine. There are a number of YouTube videos out there showing exactly how to do this.

Last edited:
That and they seem a little chunky up top but no worse than most others.

I carry a TP9 Elite SC and that is my biggest complaint. It just seems unnecessarily chunky up top which is probably part of the reason it shoots so well. The other day I had the chance to hold a Glock 43x and it just felt nice in my hand and I would clearly be nicer to carry. With the a Shield Arms 15 round magazine I don't see the downside. Hopefully I can shoot one sometime and see how it compares to the Canik.

Plus the accept Beretta 92 high cap mags.

Never seriously looked at one, but this alone has me interested.

Specs look legit and everyone here seems positive on the brand. Only question is that it seems a little on the heavier side for a polymer pistol. About 5 ounces heavier than a G19. Not that this alone would make it a "no". Probably translates to a steadier shot. Just for EDC, makes a little difference.

Best value I've ever gotten for a brand new gun. Great trigger out of the box. No downside except if you don't want to buy from that country.

Can't go wrong as they seem to fire anything you load so far for me. The trigger is good and they are well made and shoot well.
Plus they are a great value and I would say the same thing for the SAR 9 as well.

Bought my Canik couple years ago. Somewhere around $250. Shoots quite nice. Very pleased with the trigger. Grips are a little coarse but can live with it.

MyTP9SF shot very well. Trigger was a bit too light for my liking and as a TDA fan it wasnt going to get carried anyway, so I sold it. they used to be a budget gun but nowadays I see them selling for the same as a beretta APX or even close to a Glock which in my book detracts from the whole point of a turkish walther clone.

Back
Top Bottom